Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th December 2017, 09:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
I just like the movie Rob, scared the crap out of me one Friday night when I was wee, liked it ever since. It is of its time, but there is not many killer plant movies out there to compete. I also love old movie posters, lobby cards etc.
sorry, i thought i was replying to a Michael Brooke post. got me excited that Indicator might have it. i'll get to bed now, clearly too tired to focus
profondo rosso likes this.
Old 14th December 2017, 04:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
"With those numbering 1-4000.They shipped the wrong unmastered version, All you need to do is provide proof of purchase and send them a picture of the belly band showing your limited edition number falls within the affected batch. If you have one numbered 4001-6000 you should already have the correct version"

link

https://www.popcorncinemashow.com/20...-of-the-tiger/
Thanks for this, I was unaware of there being a faulty disc as I have not got round to watching it yet and had heard nothing about it. I have contacted them and sending a replacement. Much appreciated.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 14th December 2017, 08:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

It’s not “faulty” in a strict technical sense - it was merely mastered from an older HD master, as Sony sent Powerhouse the wrong one and Powerhouse didn’t know that there was more than one. So the replacement disc has a better transfer, but that’s the only difference.
Demoncrat and profondo rosso like this.
Old 21st December 2017, 10:57 AM
Seasoned Cultist

From the new Home Cinema Choice:

Not bad for a label that didn’t even exist sixteen months ago.
Old 21st December 2017, 12:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
From the new Home Cinema Choice:

Not bad for a label that didn’t even exist sixteen months ago.
well deserved. here's hoping Indicator, as well as mining Sony and Universal, can crack other studio vaults and bring in some indies as well for 2018 and beyond - no pressure Michael and
Old 23rd December 2017, 02:33 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Superb!
Quality over quantity?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th December 2017, 03:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
It’s not “faulty” in a strict technical sense - it was merely mastered from an older HD master, as Sony sent Powerhouse the wrong one and Powerhouse didn’t know that there was more than one. So the replacement disc has a better transfer, but that’s the only difference.
I'm happy enough to keep hold of my copy of the old transfer of SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER as it was at least in my boxed set.I've just opened my sealed boxed set of HAMMER VOLUME ONE: FEAR WARNING # 2669 0f 6000 & the disc of THE GORGON is missing !.My wife ordered it me for christmas as one of my main pressies & I just opened it about ten minutes ago.Just contacted POWERHOUSE as it's not really the fault of the company who sold it to me.

Last edited by mark meakin; 27th December 2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 28th December 2017, 11:17 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
I'm happy enough to keep hold of my copy of the old transfer of SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER as it was at least in my boxed set.I've just opened my sealed boxed set of HAMMER VOLUME ONE: FEAR WARNING # 2669 0f 6000 & the disc of THE GORGON is missing !.My wife ordered it me for christmas as one of my main pressies & I just opened it about ten minutes ago.Just contacted POWERHOUSE as it's not really the fault of the company who sold it to me.
hi mark, i'm not saying powerhouse won't deal with your problem but under consumer law your first port of call should be the retailer you bought from. clearly under the law you have the right of a replacement. unfortunately they won't be able to replace just one disc so the whole set will have to go back to be replaced.

in relation to this sort of thing PH reported on their FB page that they were having reliability problems with Sony Distribution
Old 28th December 2017, 12:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
BTW I saw a Mark Meakin get a mention in the thanks section of a certain new Hammer book

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th December 2017, 01:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
BTW I saw a Mark Meakin get a mention in the thanks section of a certain new Hammer book
That makes three of us then.
mark meakin likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!