Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3665Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th August 2018, 09:07 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'm sure they will come down.
Zavvi have them at £21.99 and £42.99.

I watched THE STRANGLERS OF BOMBAY last night. Great to finally see the film like this with all the Marie Devereux reaction shots.
Watched all the extras as well. Excellent disc.

thumb_photos_marie-devereux-d9bfb2f9-4a31-4df3-8d94-98dc50c828eb-chi-photography.jpg
Old 5th August 2018, 10:59 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
I'm sure they will come down.

Zavvi have them at £21.99 and £42.99.

I watched THE STRANGLERS OF BOMBAY last night. Great to finally see the film like this with all the Marie Devereux reaction shots.

Watched all the extras as well. Excellent disc.

Attachment 207416

I haven’t watched the film yet, but I did watch the extra detailing the differences between the 2 versions. I’ll say one thing though, Maria was a healthy woman!
Old 6th August 2018, 12:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I remember her in Brides of dracula. a very attractive lady indeed.
Old 10th August 2018, 08:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
I remember her in Brides of dracula. a very attractive lady indeed.
Oh yes..

Old 21st August 2018, 03:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

As confirmed by Powerhouse's dedicated page, Night of the Demon's limited edition print run has been increased to 8,000 copies due to unprecedented demand. Although that will definitely be it, as the artwork has been formally signed off for manufacture with that number printed on it.

And I'm also very happy to confirm that the current disc specs are by no means final. One particularly happy outcome of there being so much love for the film both here and elsewhere is that various suggestions have been made since the announcement, and two or three definitely look achievable.
Old 21st August 2018, 08:39 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
As confirmed by Powerhouse's dedicated page, Night of the Demon's limited edition print run has been increased to 8,000 copies due to unprecedented demand. Although that will definitely be it, as the artwork has been formally signed off for manufacture with that number printed on it.

And I'm also very happy to confirm that the current disc specs are by no means final. One particularly happy outcome of there being so much love for the film both here and elsewhere is that various suggestions have been made since the announcement, and two or three definitely look achievable.
How about some sort of attempt at creating Jacques Tourneurs original vision where we never actually see the demon?
Old 21st August 2018, 09:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
How about some sort of attempt at creating Jacques Tourneurs original vision where we never actually see the demon?
It's a lovely idea, and it was of course considered months ago (you are by no means the first person to suggest it), but it's simply not practical without shot-by-shot information about what Tourneur intended to do instead.

Unfortunately, he didn't supervise the edit, so there's no concrete "original vision" to refer to, and all that he said in interviews was vague stuff about clouds. Even if he actually shot something that he intended to use instead (and the jury's out on whether this was done), all surplus footage was destroyed decades ago - as an independent production in the pre-video era, there was no obvious reason to preserve it, not least as there'd be hefty storage charges involved.

And if you just cut the shots of the demon out altogether without any substitutions - and yes, I did experimentally try this - it simply doesn't work dramatically any more.
Rob4 likes this.
Old 22nd August 2018, 08:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
It's a lovely idea, and it was of course considered months ago (you are by no means the first person to suggest it), but it's simply not practical without shot-by-shot information about what Tourneur intended to do instead.

Unfortunately, he didn't supervise the edit, so there's no concrete "original vision" to refer to, and all that he said in interviews was vague stuff about clouds. Even if he actually shot something that he intended to use instead (and the jury's out on whether this was done), all surplus footage was destroyed decades ago - as an independent production in the pre-video era, there was no obvious reason to preserve it, not least as there'd be hefty storage charges involved.

And if you just cut the shots of the demon out altogether without any substitutions - and yes, I did experimentally try this - it simply doesn't work dramatically any more.
i like the demon...
mark meakin likes this.
Old 22nd August 2018, 12:06 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
i like the demon...
Yeah, me too. I truly believe it wouldn't be the classic it is now without the demon.
mark meakin and Rob4 like this.
Old 22nd August 2018, 12:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Havent seen Night of the demon since i was about 10. will have to add this to my wish list

Like this? Share it using the links below!