Like Tree3636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd September 2019, 06:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
My William Castle Box set #2 from the sale arrived today. That was quick. Nice one!
If only Arrow were that quick. Still not got my orders from the Frightfest sale last weekend.
Old 2nd September 2019, 07:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
If only Arrow were that quick. Still not got my orders from the Frightfest sale last weekend.

Mine only arrived today, I ordered on the first day of the offers so well over a week
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd September 2019, 07:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Was just about to ask if anyone had recieved owt-ordered mine a week past Friday and still no sign!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd September 2019, 04:58 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Please bear with us whilst we fulfil our sale orders.

We will get back to you as soon as we can. In the mean time

thank you for your patience and your custom.

Limewood Media

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd September 2019, 05:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Default Inseminoid

Has anyone heard anything else about the problems with the Inseminoid disc? I think that quite a few people are hoping that there will be a replacement disc issued.
Old 3rd September 2019, 08:04 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Please bear with us whilst we fulfil our sale orders.

We will get back to you as soon as we can. In the mean time

thank you for your patience and your custom.

Limewood Media
Just had an email that my ordered has been sent, order date August 24th, yay!
Old 4th September 2019, 05:30 PM
Cultist

My order from the sale arrived today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_1173s.jpg (48.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 5th September 2019, 09:55 AM
Seasoned Cultist

November releases (artwork spoilered for size):

Quote:
HAMMER VOLUME FOUR: FACES OF FEAR

THE REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN (Terence Fisher, 1958)
THE TWO FACES OF DR. JEKYLL (Terence Fisher, 1960)
TASTE OF FEAR (Seth Holt, 1961)
THE DAMNED (Joseph Losey, 1962)

Release date: 18 November 2019
Limited Blu-ray Edition (UK premieres on Blu-ray) - pre-order here

Four classic Hammer chillers presented on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Accompanied by a wealth of new and archival extras – including exclusive new documentaries, audio commentaries, alternative versions, new and archival cast and crew interviews, a series of appreciations of their female stars, analyses of their composers’ scores, and extensive booklets – this stunning limited edition box set is strictly limited to 6,000 units.

INDICATOR LIMITED BLU-RAY EDITION BOX SET SPECIAL FEATURES:

THE REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN

• New 4K restoration
• Original mono audio
• New and exclusive documentary about the film, produced by Hammer expert Marcus Hearn (2019)
• Audio commentary by celebrated horror and fantasy authors Stephen Jones and Kim Newman (2019)
• A Frankenstein for the 20th Century (2019): video essay by film historian Kat Ellinger and Dima Ballin
• Hammer's Women – Eunice Gayson (2019): profile of the Hammer star by critic and film historian Pamela Hutchinson
• David Huckvale on Leonard Salzedo (2019): new appreciation of the renowned composer by the author of Hammer Film Scores and the Musical Avant-Garde
• Super 8 version: original cut-down home cinema presentation
• Original theatrical trailer
• Trailer commentary (2013): short critical appreciation by filmmaker Joe Dante
• Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition box set exclusive booklet with new essays by Marcus Hearn and Kieran Foster, archival interview materials, historical articles, contemporary reviews, and film credits
• UK premiere on Blu-ray

THE TWO FACES OF DR. JEKYLL

• High Definition remaster
• Original mono audio
• New and exclusive documentary about the film, produced by Hammer expert Marcus Hearn (2019)
• Audio commentary by film historians Josephine Botting and Jonathan Rigby (2019)
• Interview with Paul Massie (1967): rare archival audio interview with the film’s star
• Hammer's Women – Dawn Addams (2019): British cinema expert Laura Mayne explores the life and career of the UK-born star
• David Huckvale on Monty Norman (2019): new appreciation of the renowned composer
• Trailer commentary (2013): short critical appreciation by Josh Olson
• Limited edition box set exclusive booklet with a new essay by Kat Ellinger, archival interview materials, historical articles, contemporary reviews and film credits
• UK premiere on Blu-ray

TASTE OF FEAR

• Original mono audio
• Alternative presentation with US Scream of Fear title sequence
• Audio commentary with Kevin Lyons, editor of The Encyclopedia of Fantastic Film and Television (2019)
• The BFI Interview with Jimmy Sangster (2008): archival audio recording of the celebrated filmmaker and screenwriter in conversation with Marcus Hearn at London’s National Film Theatre
• The BEHP Video interview with Jimmy Sangster (2008): archival video recording, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project, featuring Sangster in conversation with Jonathan Rigby
• The BEHP Interview with Douglas Slocombe – Part Two (1988): archival audio recording, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project, featuring the renowned cinematographer in conversation with Sidney Cole
• Fear Makers (2019): interviews with camera operator Desmond Davis, assistant editor John Crome and clapper loader Ray Andrew
• Hammer's Women – Ann Todd (2019): Melanie Williams, author of Female Stars of British Cinema profiles the English star and producer
• David Huckvale on Clifton Parker (2019): new appreciation of the renowned composer
• Super 8 version of Scream of Fear: original cut-down home cinema presentation
• Trailer commentary (2013): short critical appreciation by Sam Hamm
• Limited edition box set exclusive booklet with an essay by Marcus Hearn, archival interview materials, historical articles, contemporary reviews and film credits
• UK premiere on Blu-ray

THE DAMNED

• New 2K restoration
• Original mono audio
• Two presentations of the film: The Damned, the original UK theatrical release version; and These Are the Damned, the complete and uncut restoration which first premiered in 2007
• Audio commentary by film historians Samm Deighan and Kat Ellinger (2019)
• Beneath the Surface (2019): new interview with filmmaker Gavrik Losey, son of director Joseph Losey
• Interview with actor Shirley Anne Field (2019)
• Interview with screenwriter Evan Jones (2010)
• Children of 'The Damned' (2019): new interviews with actors Kit Williams, David Palmer and Christopher Witty
• Hammer's Women – Viveca Lindfors (2019): profile of the renowned actor by critic and film historian Lindsay Hallam
• David Huckvale on James Bernard (2019): new appreciation of the celebrated composer
• Beyond Black Leather (2019): appreciation by film expert I Q Hunter
• No Future (2019): analysis by author and film historian Neil Sinyard
• Trailer commentary (2013): short critical appreciation by filmmaker Joe Dante
• Limited edition box set exclusive booklet with a new essay by Richard Combs, archival interview materials, historical articles, contemporary reviews and film credits
• UK premiere on Blu-ray

Limited edition box set of 6,000 numbered units
All extras subject to change

#PHILTD089
BBFC cert: 15
REGION FREE
EAN: 5060697920024

Quote:
SECRET CEREMONY
(Joseph Losey, 1968)

Release date: 18 November 2019
Limited Blu-ray Edition (World Blu-ray premiere) - pre-order

Joseph Losey’s lurid and often misunderstood drama stars the great Elizabeth Taylor (Suddenly, Last Summer) as an ageing London prostitute who befriends a young woman (Mia Farrow, See No Evil) that reminds her of her long-dead daughter. As the bizarre relationship between the two evolves, the appearance of Robert Mitchum (Cape Fear), as Farrow’s abusive stepfather, ignites deep emotions and dark passions.

With its exquisite production design, stylish cinematography and elegant score, Joseph Losey’s lost masterpiece finally makes its long-overdue premiere on Blu-ray.

INDICATOR LIMITED BLU-RAY EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:

• Original mono audio
• Audio commentary with authors and critics Dean Brandum and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas (2019)
• Interview with Joseph Losey (1968): the celebrated director promotes Secret Ceremony in this archival interview from French TV
• The Beholder’s Share (2019): interview with filmmaker Gavrik Losey, son of director Joseph Losey
• Trailer commentary (2015): short critical appreciation by Larry Karaszewski
• Limited edition exclusive booklet containing a newly commissioned essay by Neil Sinyard, archival interviews, historic articles, an overview of contemporary critical responses and full film credits
• World premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited edition of 3,000 copies
• All extras subject to change

#PHILTD155
BBFC cert: 15
REGION B
EAN: 5037899084038
And to pre-emptively answer the most obvious question, packaging for Hammer volume 4 will of course be identical to that of volumes 1-3.
Old 5th September 2019, 09:56 AM
Cult Veteran

The Damned, finally!
Mojo likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th September 2019, 04:36 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Awwwww i'm sad the new Hammer set doesn't use those digisleeves

JOKING!

Like this? Share it using the links below!