Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Powerhouse Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/13399-powerhouse-films.html)

Rob4 18th November 2019 05:40 PM

:rockon: Got my Hammer Vol 4 today and its another outstanding package. i hope PH/I get to re-release the studiocanal titles and the ones not yet released. i'd definitely double dip for more releases like this

Dave Boy 18th November 2019 06:03 PM

Check out this saving on Amazon for the new set..

£39.99
Was: £40.00
You Save: £0.01

Thanks Amazon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Demoncrat 25th November 2019 11:16 AM

Forgot to say that I acquired the Indicator Berserk! BD as a birthday present. Apparently I have to upgrade the PS3 again to watch it. :whip:
So I'll keep you posted ahaha.

Susan Foreman 6th December 2019 03:59 PM

'Endless Night' - Blu-Ray available for pre-order at Powerhouse Films direct - £15.99

Release date: February 17, 2020

"The final feature by Sidney Gilliat, Endless Night capped a career that encompassed screenplays for Alfred Hitchcock and Carol Reed, the anarchic St. Trinian’scomedies, and his own directorial gems such as mystery-thriller Green for Danger.

Adapting Agatha Christie’s celebrated novel of the same name, the film reunites the co-stars of cult classic Twisted Nerve, Hywel Bennett (The Virgin Soldiers) and Hayley Mills (Take a Girl Like You), and boasts an impressive supporting cast including Britt Ekland (The Wicker Man), Per Oscarsson (A Dandy in Aspic) and George Sanders (All About Eve)."

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • New 4K restoration
  • Original mono audio
  • The BEHP Interview with Sidney Gilliat (1990): an archival audio recording, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project, featuring the renowned writer and director in conversation with Roy Fowler and Taffy Haines
  • The John Player Lecture with Bernard Herrmann (1972): the celebrated composer in conversation at London’s National Film Theatre
  • New interview with actor Hayley Mills (2020)
  • Bernard in Britain (2020): appreciation of Bernard Herrmann’s ‘British period’ by author and historian Neil Sinyard
  • Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
  • Theatrical trailer
  • New English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Limited edition exclusive 36-page booklet with a new essay by Anne Billson, Frank Launder and Sidney Gilliat on Endless Night, an archival interview with Gilliat, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
  • UK premiere on Blu-ray
  • Limited edition of 3,000 copies

Susan Foreman 6th December 2019 04:02 PM

'Secret Friends' - Blu-Ray available for pre-order at Powerhouse Films direct - £15.99

"Unfairly neglected since its original low-key cinema run, Secret Friends is the only feature to be written and directed by Dennis Potter (Pennies from Heaven, The Singing Detective).

Made shortly after his hugely controversial mini-series Blackeyes, the film centres on a writer, played by Alan Bates (A Day in the Death of Joe Egg), who descends into a kind of madness during a train journey as memories, fantasies and psychotic visions collide."

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • High Definition remaster
  • Original stereo audio
  • New audio commentary with Graham Fuller, editor of Potter on Potter
  • Bon Vivant (2020): actor Ian McNeice recalls working with Dennis Potter
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Image gallery: publicity and promotional material
  • New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Limited edition exclusive 36-page booklet with a new essay by Jeff Billington, Dennis Potter on the making of Secret Friends, an extract from Potter on Potter, an overview of critical responses, and film credits
  • World premiere on Blu-ray

Susan Foreman 6th December 2019 04:05 PM

'The Pillow Book' - Blu-Ray available for pre-order at Powerhouse Films direct - £15.99

"Inspired by Sei Shōnagon’s first-century diary, Peter Greenaway’s The Pillow Book is an audio-visual tour de force, and a showcase for one of British cinema’s most singular talents.

Starring Vivian Wu (8½ Women), Ewan McGregor (Trainspotting) and Ken Ogata (Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters), the film is among Greenaway’s most daring and adventurous works."

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • High Definition remaster
  • Original stereo audio
  • Selected scenes commentary with Peter Greenaway (2015)
  • The Book of the Editor (2020): new interview with editor Chris Wyatt
  • Rosa (1992): performance film by Anne Teresa De Keersmaker’s Rosas dance company, directed by Peter Greenaway and shot by Sacha Vierny, presented in a new restoration from the original negative
  • Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Original theatrical calligraphic subtitle presentation
  • New English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Limited edition exclusive 40-page booklet with a new essay by Adam Scovell, Peter Greenaway on The Pillow Book, excerpts from Greenaway’s 26 Facts About Flesh and Ink and the original press book, an overview of contemporary critical responses, Anthony Nield on Rosa, and film credits

Dave Boy 31st December 2019 12:07 PM

Hell Yeah !

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...16&oe=5EA0AEEB

Rob4 31st December 2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 617878)

doesn't sound like an adventure themed set does it?

Dave Boy 31st December 2019 06:36 PM

No, not at all.
With the remaining Hammer Columbia titles I can't see the fit.

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st December 2019 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 617898)
No, not at all.

With the remaining Hammer Columbia titles I can't see the fit.

I'm thinking maybe Hell is a City with Stanley Baker might be in this set. Studio Canal released it on dvd about 8 years ago, but I see Park Circus distributes it now, so I wonder if PH have managed to get it.

Attachment 221735