Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3665Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th December 2017, 09:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Can someone remind me, what was wrong with the SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER disc in the Sinbad set and if all numbered sets are affected.
Also what to do if you need a replacement disc.

Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 09:24 AM
Ex-member

"With those numbering 1-4000.They shipped the wrong unmastered version, All you need to do is provide proof of purchase and send them a picture of the belly band showing your limited edition number falls within the affected batch. If you have one numbered 4001-6000 you should already have the correct version"

link

https://www.popcorncinemashow.com/20...-of-the-tiger/
profondo rosso likes this.
Old 4th December 2017, 09:30 AM
Cult Acolyte

Awesome. Thanks dude
SilverSurfer likes this.
Old 4th December 2017, 05:31 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched their WOLF yesterday.
PRISTINE!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 5th December 2017, 02:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Interesting little info-nugget re The Full Treatment (included in the second Indicator Hammer box) - a colleague has been delving into the BBFC's records and has discovered that the 120-minute version mentioned on their website is a complete myth, almost certainly the by-product of either faulty record-keeping back in 1960 or erroneous data entry when their database was put together four decades later.

The version that's going to be on the Indicator disc runs a whisker short of 110 minutes, and as far as we can see is precisely what was submitted to and passed by the BBFC with no cuts requested - the Monthly Film Bulletin confirms that that's the correct running time, which is corroborated by the length of the release print that we dug out of the BFI's vaults. This is one minute and 59 seconds longer than the US cut (Stop Me Before I Kill!, which is also on the disc) in terms of additional footage, but we've added a few extra seconds of the original BBFC X certificate at the start, because it was on the source print that we used for the extra footage and we couldn't think of a good reason not to.

Happily, the print we sourced that footage from turned out to be in excellent physical condition - we've given it a going-over to remove spots and scratches, and it now cuts pretty much seamlessly into the surrounding footage from Sony's HD master.
Old 5th December 2017, 05:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
we've added a few extra seconds of the original BBFC X certificate at the start
Awesome. I love seeing those at the beginning.
Old 5th December 2017, 05:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Stop Me Before I Kill! will of course not have the BBFC card at the start - although ironically that’s the censored version of the film!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 13th December 2017, 08:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Up for pre-order Feb 19th release, what a great time to be a Hammer Studios fan

81wH+bJ+iXL._SL1137_.jpg

Four classic thrillers from the vaults of Hammer Films released on Blu-ray for the very first time, including premiere presentations of the complete, uncensored UK theatrical release versions of Val Guestâ's The Full Treatment and Cyril Frankel's Never Take Sweets from a Stranger and a host of new and exclusive extra features. This stunning Limited Blu-ray Edition Box Set from Indicator is strictly limited to 6,000 numbered units.

Never Take Sweets from a Stranger
Cash On Demand
The Full Treatment
The Snorkel
INDICATOR LIMITED BLU-RAY EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:

• HD restorations of all four films
• Original Mono audio
• New title-specific documentaries exploring aspects of each film
• Two presentations of Never Take Sweets from a Stranger: the original UK theatrical cut, containing original titles and dialogue; and the alternative US version with amended Never Take Candy from a Stranger titles and censored dialogue
• Never Take Sweets from a Stranger introduction by actor and filmmaker Matthew Holness
• Archival audio interview with Never Take Sweets from a Strange director Cyril Frankel
• Two presentations ofThe Full Treatment: the uncensored UK theatrical cut; and the censored US version with alternative Stop Me Before I Kill titles
• Audio commentary with film historian Michael Brooke and author Johnny Mains onThe Snorkel
• Audio commentary with film historians Jonathan Rigby and David Miller on Cash on Demand>
• New and exclusive interviews with cast and crew members, including actors Janina Faye (Never Take Sweets from a Strange) and Lois Daine Cash on Demand), props master Peter Allchorne (The Snorke) and second assistant director Hugh Harlow The Snorke Appreciations of composers Elizabeth Lutyens (Never Take Sweets from a Strange and Francis Chagrin The Snorkel) by David Huckvale, author of Hammer Film Scores and the Musical Avant-Garde
• Hammer’s Women: Betta St John (2018)iabolique magazine’s editor-in-chief Kat Ellinger offers an appreciation of the American actress, singer and dancer
• Hammer’s Women: Gwen Watford (2018): British cinema expert Dr Laura Mayne explores the life and career of the prolific English film, stage and television actress
• Hammer’s Women: Diane Cilento (2018): Dr Melanie Williams, author of Female Stars of British Cinema, explores the life and career of the Australian theatre and film actress and author
• Hammer’s Women: Lois Daine (2018): critic and author Becky Booth on the popular English film and television actress
• Archival documentaries, interviews and featurettes
• Original trailers
• Image galleries: extensive promotional and on-set photography, poster art and marketing materials
• Exclusive booklets for each film, with new essays by Kat Ellinger, Julian Upton and Kim Newman, archival interview materials, contemporary reviews, and full film credits
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• World Blu-ray premieres of all four films
• Limited Edition Box Set of 6,000 numbered copies
Rob4 likes this.
Old 13th December 2017, 09:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
Up for pre-order Feb 19th release, what a great time to be a Hammer Studios fan

Attachment 199917

Four classic thrillers from the vaults of Hammer Films released on Blu-ray for the very first time, including premiere presentations of the complete, uncensored UK theatrical release versions of Val Guestâ's The Full Treatment and Cyril Frankel's Never Take Sweets from a Stranger and a host of new and exclusive extra features. This stunning Limited Blu-ray Edition Box Set from Indicator is strictly limited to 6,000 numbered units.

Never Take Sweets from a Stranger
Cash On Demand
The Full Treatment
The Snorkel
INDICATOR LIMITED BLU-RAY EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:

• HD restorations of all four films
• Original Mono audio
• New title-specific documentaries exploring aspects of each film
• Two presentations of Never Take Sweets from a Stranger: the original UK theatrical cut, containing original titles and dialogue; and the alternative US version with amended Never Take Candy from a Stranger titles and censored dialogue
• Never Take Sweets from a Stranger introduction by actor and filmmaker Matthew Holness
• Archival audio interview with Never Take Sweets from a Strange director Cyril Frankel
• Two presentations ofThe Full Treatment: the uncensored UK theatrical cut; and the censored US version with alternative Stop Me Before I Kill titles
• Audio commentary with film historian Michael Brooke and author Johnny Mains onThe Snorkel
• Audio commentary with film historians Jonathan Rigby and David Miller on Cash on Demand>
• New and exclusive interviews with cast and crew members, including actors Janina Faye (Never Take Sweets from a Strange) and Lois Daine Cash on Demand), props master Peter Allchorne (The Snorke) and second assistant director Hugh Harlow The Snorke Appreciations of composers Elizabeth Lutyens (Never Take Sweets from a Strange and Francis Chagrin The Snorkel) by David Huckvale, author of Hammer Film Scores and the Musical Avant-Garde
• Hammer’s Women: Betta St John (2018)iabolique magazine’s editor-in-chief Kat Ellinger offers an appreciation of the American actress, singer and dancer
• Hammer’s Women: Gwen Watford (2018): British cinema expert Dr Laura Mayne explores the life and career of the prolific English film, stage and television actress
• Hammer’s Women: Diane Cilento (2018): Dr Melanie Williams, author of Female Stars of British Cinema, explores the life and career of the Australian theatre and film actress and author
• Hammer’s Women: Lois Daine (2018): critic and author Becky Booth on the popular English film and television actress
• Archival documentaries, interviews and featurettes
• Original trailers
• Image galleries: extensive promotional and on-set photography, poster art and marketing materials
• Exclusive booklets for each film, with new essays by Kat Ellinger, Julian Upton and Kim Newman, archival interview materials, contemporary reviews, and full film credits
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• World Blu-ray premieres of all four films
• Limited Edition Box Set of 6,000 numbered copies
ok, I'll bite, is that The Day of the Triffids poster there for a reason?
Old 13th December 2017, 09:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I just like the movie Rob, scared the crap out of me one Friday night when I was wee, liked it ever since. It is of its time, but there is not many killer plant movies out there to compete. I also love old movie posters, lobby cards etc.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!