Old 7th February 2018, 04:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

And finally...

Quote:
THE ST. VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE
(Roger Corman, 1967)
Release date: 22 April 2018
Limited Blu-ray Edition (UK Blu-ray premiere) - pre-order here

Roger Corman’s most ambitious and expensive production – his only film for a major studio – is a violent and lurid account of the events leading up to one of the most infamous events in American crime history. Detailing the bitter and brutal rivalry between feuding Chicago mob bosses Al Capone and ‘Bugs’ Moran, Corman’s vividly realised film features terrific performances from Jason Robards, Ralph Meeker and George Segal, and remains one of Corman’s best films.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• 4K restoration from the original negative
• Original mono audio
• Roger Corman Remembers 'The St Valentine’s Day Massacre' (2014, 4 mins)
• Barry Forshaw on 'The St Valentine’s Day Massacre' (2018): an appreciation by the film historian and journalist
• Ben Ohmart on Paul Frees (2018): a new appreciation of the great voice actor by the author of Welcome, Foolish Mortals: The Life and Voices of Paul Frees
• Super 8 version: original cut-down home cinema presentation
• Isolated score: experience Lionel Newman and Fred Steiner's original soundtrack music
• Original theatrical trailer
• Roger Corman trailer commentary (2013, 3 mins)
• Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Neil Sinyard, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and historic articles on the film
• UK premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Edition of 3,000 copies
• All extras subject to change

#PHILTD072
BBFC cert: 15
REGION B
EAN: 5037899071410
Old 2nd March 2018, 09:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Final specs for March’s releases:

Gumshoe:

Otley:

The Passenger:

Town on Trial:

Old 2nd March 2018, 10:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Otley must and shall be mine!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd March 2018, 10:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

We’re really pleased with how Otley turned out. Dick Clement’s director’s commentary is one of the best I’ve heard in ages (his recall of the film’s production is superb given that it started shooting a full half-century ago), and it’s crammed with stories that I imagine haven’t been told much before because he’s never been interviewed about Otley in this kind of depth until now. 

And while Ian La Frenais opted not to be on the commentary track (I suspect he felt that he wasn’t as involved with the day-to-day production as was Clement), he was happy enough to give an on-camera interview about it - and the full-on Clement/La Frenais double act is preserved in an audio recording of a career-spanning BFI Southbank interview from 2008 that runs almost as long as the feature.

We had a couple of slight hitches elsewhere - although we announced and scheduled a Freddie Jones interview, it turned out that he couldn’t remember the first thing about Otley, so we reluctantly had to drop it. And Tom Courtenay’s memory of it wasn’t that much better, but he decided to go for it nonetheless, bless him - and it’s not as though there isn’t an absolute ton of stuff about the production in the other extras, so it doesn’t really matter: it’s just great having him on camera.
Old 3rd March 2018, 01:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This is all music to my ears MB!! My rather dogeared vhs is on it's last legs sadly ...

Kudos!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd March 2018, 04:49 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Picked up Ship of Fools today!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th March 2018, 08:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Anyone else trying to spot the films in the collection behind Kat Ellinger on the Hammer discs?
Old 8th March 2018, 09:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

Powerhouse May release is a 5 film Randolph Scott boxset - i'm sure Michael Brooke will post the full details once the official announcement goes through.
Old 8th March 2018, 09:59 AM
Cult Acolyte

probably still plenty of time but i ordered my Laura Mars today just in case
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PHlowstock(1).jpg (71.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 8th March 2018, 10:06 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Powerhouse May release is a 5 film Randolph Scott boxset - i'm sure Michael Brooke will post the full details once the official announcement goes through.
At last some love in the UK for the great Randolph Scott.

Wonder what they'll be?
profondo rosso likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!