Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2018, 11:28 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Powerhouse Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
And no I didn't dream it .... a goddamn Sam Fuller set.

Happy happy demon.

I’m subtitling them now: they’re huge fun. And Power of the Press, while it gets a bit soapboxy at times, is genuinely fascinating for the way that it anticipates many of the Leveson-related debates about journalistic ethics by seven decades - which just goes to show how little has changed. It even uses a decidedly current phrase at one point.

IMG_0177.JPG

(Incidentally, that’s a very low-bitrate MP4 created for subtitling purposes - the actual HD master looks far better.)
Old 21st April 2018, 12:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sound!! Can't wait!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th April 2018, 12:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I guess there was some kind of error with The Border's booklet, I ordered it recently direct from Powerhouse, and it came externally of the sealed case, in the same package.

I've bought six Indicator titles in the last week.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th April 2018, 12:37 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I guess there was some kind of error with The Border's booklet, I ordered it recently direct from Powerhouse, and it came externally of the sealed case, in the same package.

I've bought six Indicator titles in the last week.

There was. The first page was complete gibberish.
BAKA likes this.
Old 3rd May 2018, 09:42 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
HAMMER VOLUME THREE: BLOOD & TERROR
THE CAMP ON BLOOD ISLAND
(Val Guest, 1958)
YESTERDAY’S ENEMY (Val Guest, 1959)
THE STRANGLERS OF BOMBAY (Terence Fisher, 1959)
THE TERROR OF THE TONGS (Anthony Bushell, 1961)

Release date: 23 July 2018
Limited Blu-ray Edition (World premieres on Blu-ray)

Pre-order here

Four classic and controversial works from the vaults of Hammer Films, all released on Blu-ray for the very first time. Containing a wealth of new and archival extra features - including exclusive new documentaries and appreciations, new interviews with actors and crew members, archival audio commentaries, and extensive booklets - this stunning Limited Edition Box Set is strictly limited to 6,000 numbered units.

INDICATOR LIMITED BLU-RAY EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• High Definition remasters of all four films
• Original mono audio
• New, title-specific documentaries featuring interviews with film historians Jonathan Rigby and Dr Josephine Botting, produced and directed by Hammer expert Marcus Hearn
• The Stranglers of Bombay audio commentary with screenwriter David Z Goodman
• The Terror of the Tongs audio commentary with screenwriter Jimmy Sangster, assistant editor Chris Barnes, and Marcus Hearn
• The Guardian Interview with Val Guest (2005): archival audio recording with the prolific and highly respected filmmaker in conversation with film historian Jonathan Rigby at London’s National Film Theatre
• New interviews with actors Barbara Brown (The Terror of the Tongs) and Edwina Carroll (Yesterday's Enemy)
• New interviews with props master Peter Allchorne (The Terror of the Tongs) and assistant costume designer Yvonne Blake (The Terror of the Tongs)
• ‘The Stranglers of Bombay’ and the Censor (2018): ex-BBFC examiner Richard Falcon discusses the film's history with the Board
• David Huckvale on James Bernard (2018): a new appreciation of the renowned composer by the author of Hammer Film Scores and the Musical Avant-Garde
• Steve Chibnall on Val Guest (2018): a new appreciation of the great British filmmaker by the director of the Cinema and Television History Research Centre at De Montfort University
• Hammer’s Women (2018): a series of new appreciations of the female players from the films: Mary Merrall, Edwina Carroll, Jan Holden and Yvonne Monlaur
• Original theatrical trailers
• The Stranglers of Bombay trailer commentary (2013): a short critical appreciation by Brian Trenchard-Smith
• Image Galleries: promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
• Limited Edition Box Set exclusive booklets for each film with new essays by Kim Newman, Neil Mitchell, James Oliver and Samm Deighan, archival materials, contemporary reviews, and film credits
• World premieres on Blu-ray
• Limited edition box set of 6,000 numbered units
...AND MORE!
• All extras subject to change

#PHILTD080
BBFC cert: 15
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899071472
Old 3rd May 2018, 09:43 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
FOOTSTEPS IN THE FOG
(Arthur Lubin, 1955)
Release date: 23 July 2018
Limited Blu-ray Edition (World Blu-ray premiere)

Pre-order here

Shot in glorious Technicolor by award-winning cinematographer Christopher Challis (The Tales of Hoffmann, A Dandy in Aspic, Villain), this classic Gothic melodrama stars the then real-life husband and wife acting team of Stewart Granger and Jean Simmons in the tale of a murderous London businessman and the scheming housemaid who shares his dark secret.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• High Definition remaster
• Original mono audio
• Josephine Botting on ‘Footsteps in the Fog’ (2018): an exploration of Hollywood’s fascination with Victorian England by the film expert and BFI curator
• Steve Chibnall on Belinda Lee (2018): a new appreciation of the tragic star by the film expert and author of British Horror Cinema
• Kat Ellinger on ‘Footsteps in the Fog’ (2018): Diabolique magazine’s editor-in-chief explores the film's Gothic origins
• Original theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited Edition exclusive booklet containing a newly commissioned essay by professor Steve Chibnall, archival interviews, historic articles, an overview of contemporary critical responses and full film credits
• World premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Edition of 3,000 copies
• All extras subject to change

#PHILTD107
BBFC cert: PG
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899071632
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:06 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Here's the new Hammer box without the belly band:

...and the individual sleeves:

As before, the reversible side of the sleeve will be based on original US poster artwork.
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:18 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Here's the new Hammer box without the belly band:

...and the individual sleeves:

As before, the reversible side of the sleeve will be based on original US poster artwork.
Michael

thanks for this - just one question. is there any new footage for Stranglers as there was rumoured to be a more complete cut with the BFI than was available for previous releases?
mark meakin likes this.
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:22 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Michael

thanks for this - just one question. is there any new footage for Stranglers as there was rumoured to be a more complete cut with the BFI than was available for previous releases?
No promises at this stage (I'm acutely aware that we jumped the gun on Never Take Sweets from a Stranger by prematurely announcing the reinstatement of a censored word that we ultimately couldn't restore), but let's just say for now that we're all fully aware of this film's release and version history.
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Michael

Yes I was hoping this version would be used.Shame about the obvious cuts to TERROR OF THE TONGS (notably when Helena Sale is attacked and has her fingers severed) but I assume this footage is all lost.
Rob4 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!