Like Tree3663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th June 2019, 08:27 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That's a nice Dietrich box set. I'm sure fans will love it.

I'm not a fan of those films at all however. She seems to overact somewhat probably due to being schooled in silents the ten years prior.

She improved in later films like Destry Rides Again, Rancho Notorious and Touch of Evil.

Powerhouse should look into a Jean Harlow box set. That would be nice.
Aside from Shanghai Express, I don't think I've seen any of the other films in the set.
Old 8th June 2019, 01:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Full specs for Bloody Terror: The Shocking Cinema of Norman J Warren 1976-1987:

Satan's Slave

Prey

Terror

Inseminoid

Bloody New Year

Old 8th June 2019, 01:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Oh, and here's The Legacy:

Old 14th June 2019, 08:57 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Following a last-minute (almost literally!) but very welcome discovery of an uncompressed standard-definition master of the long-unavailable slightly longer British theatrical cut, here are revised specs for The Legacy.

Old 20th June 2019, 06:58 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

SCUM arrived today direct from PH.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th June 2019, 08:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Taught a whole generation on how to make,a cheap,effective cosh!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 11th July 2019, 09:23 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Mondo Digital on Bloody Terror: The Shocking Cinema of Norman J. Warren 1976-1987.

Quote:
Easily one of the more lavish sets assembled for any genre filmmaker, this impressive collection will likely be the last word on this key figure in British horror for quite a long time to come.
Old 19th July 2019, 07:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Worth the wait!

A message from Powerhouse Films:

We're sorry to inform you that we have encountered a problem with our release of BLOODY TERROR: THE FILMS OF NORMAN J WARREN 1976-1987.

At check-disc stage we discovered framing discrepancies with both PREY and TERROR. These have now been rectified, and we have reinstated the full image area, whilst maintaining Norman J Warren's preferred grading and restoration choices. This discovery has meant that there will be a short delay in Lime Wood Media's receiving finished stock, which, in turn, will delay their shipping of your box set to you.

Whilst we recognise that there will be disappointment at the delay, we sincerely hope that our unwillingness to compromise on quality will act as some compensation. We have worked hard to produce and deliver the corrected discs as quickly as possible, and we know that Lime Wood Media will post them to you without delay the very moment they arrive in their warehouse. A knock-on effect for those of you who also bought THE LEGACY in our bundle offer is that you will receive this a few days after its official release date. We sincerely apologise for this, but hope that you will understand the reasons.

On a more positive note, it is likely that you will get your copy of BLOODY TERROR a week or so earlier than if you had purchased it from other retailers. What's more, you will receive the original pressing (complete with the initial, rejected versions of both discs), along with the corrected replacement discs, both included separately in your package, making you the lucky recipient of an instant collector's item!

We hope that, despite the extra wait, you'll be as pleased as we and Norman are with the results. If you should have any concerns, questions or complaints about any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact Lime Wood Media.

Best wishes,

Team Powerhouse
Demoncrat, markchro and Rob4 like this.

Old 25th July 2019, 07:38 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I really hope those are slips with the usual cases underneath, and not digipaks

IMG_7331.jpg
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 25th July 2019, 08:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

No!
Please don't disrupt the uniformity of the rest of the titles!

Like this? Share it using the links below!