Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Hammer 6 is on the way
Ditto-with EYE OF THE CAT!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th July 2021, 11:39 AM
Cult Acolyte

No horror from Indicator in October. Guys you slay me
Old 15th July 2021, 01:29 PM
Cultist

Default Newsletter image clue

Just worked out what a future release will be! I'm usually terrible at working them out!

Michael Dunn in the photo, must be Madigan.

I'm hoping one day that The Mutations/Freakmaker could get the Indicator treatment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 669d7fbc-4e84-6079-bc39-efef0e16056b.jpg (44.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 15th July 2021, 02:40 PM
Cult Master

'Gray Lady Down' (1978) - Blu-Ray pre-order available at PowerHouse Films direct - £15:99

Release date: October 18

"Limited Edition Blu-ray (UK Blu-ray premiere)

In Gray Lady Down, the race is on to rescue a crew of sailors after a nuclear submarine collides with a Norwegian freighter and becomes stranded on the seabed. Skilful direction from David Greene (The People Next Door) and top-tier performances by Charlton Heston, David Carradine, Stacy Keach, Ned Beatty, Stephen McHattie, and Ronny Cox combine to make this the definitive disaster film."

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
  • High Definition remaster
  • Original mono audio
  • Audio commentary with film historian Peter Tonguette (2021)
  • The Guardian Interview with Charlton Heston (1985): archival audio recording of the great actor in conversation with Quentin Falk at the National Film Theatre, London
  • New interview with actor Stacy Keach (2021)
  • New interview with actor Stephen McHattie (2021)
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Radio spot
  • Image gallery: promotional and publicity material
  • New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Omar Ahmed, archival articles on the film, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
  • UK premiere on Blu-ray
  • Limited edition of 3,000 copies

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 15th July 2021, 02:43 PM
Cult Master

'McArthur' (1977) - Blu-Ray pre-order available at PowerHouse Films direct - £15:99

MacArthur is a thoughtful look at the life and times of controversial American military leader General Douglas MacArthur. Directed by Joseph Sargent (The Taking of Pelham One Two Three), this celebrated biopic features a hugely authoritative central performance by Gregory Peck, and strong support from Ed Flanders (The Ninth Configuration) and Dan O’Herlihy (Imitation of Life), who play Presidents Harry S Truman and Franklin D Roosevelt, respectively."

• Original stereo audio
  • Optional 5.1 surround audio
  • Audio commentary with film historians Steve Mitchell and Steven Jay Rubin (2021)
  • A selection of newsreels capturing General MacArthur through the years, from his arrival in Australia in 1942 to his 75th birthday celebrations
  • Radio spot
  • Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Robert Matzen, archival articles on the film and the events that inspired it, an overview of critical responses, and film credits

Old 15th July 2021, 02:46 PM
Cult Master

'Midway' (1976) - Blu-Ray pre-order available at PowerHouse Films direct - £15:99

Recreating the famous sea battle between the American fleet and the Imperial Japanese Navy, Midway finds director Jack Smight (Airport 1975) confidently handling epic battle scenes and a stellar cast which includes Charlton Heston, Henry Fonda, James Coburn, Glenn Ford, Hal Holbrook, Toshiro Mifune, Robert Mitchum, and Robert Wagner. Midway is presented here with a wealth of extras."

• Original mono and 2.1 Sensurround audio tracks
  • Audio commentary with film historians Steve Mitchell and Steven Jay Rubin (2021)
  • The Guardian Interview with Robert Wagner (1983): archival audio recording of the film and TV star in conversation with Joan Bakewell at the National Film Theatre, London
  • They Were There! (1976): Charlton Heston presents this archival documentary featuring interviews with three combatants who survived the battle
  • The Making of ‘Midway’ (2001): documentary short looking at the film’s production
  • Sensurround: The Sounds of ‘Midway’ (2001): a look at the film’s use of the Sensurround audio system
  • The Score of ‘Midway’ (2001): film composer John Williams discusses his work on the film
  • Selected scenes from the extended TV version
  • The Battle of ‘Midway’ (1942): Oscar-winning documentary directed by John Ford relaying the battle with footage shot by Navy cameramen
  • New video essay by film historian Tag Gallagher on John Ford’s acclaimed documentary
  • Super 8 version: original cut-down home-cinema presentation
  • TV spots
  • Radio spot
  • Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Lee Pfeiffer and Dave Worrall, archival articles on the film and the events that inspired it, an overview of critical responses, and film credits

Old 15th July 2021, 02:48 PM
Cult Master

'Hellfighters' (1968) - Blu-Ray pre-order available at PowerHouse Films direct - £15:99

In Hellfighters, the legendary embodiment of no-nonsense stoicism, John Wayne, plays heroic firefighter Chance Buckman who combats oil-field blazes across the world. Based on the exploits of Red Adair (who acted as technical adviser on the film), this explosive actioner is directed with solid efficiency by Andrew V McLaglen (The Wild Geese, North Sea Hijack)"

• Original 6-track stereo presented as 5.1 surround audio
  • Optional stereo audio
  • Audio commentary with film historians Michael F Blake, C Courtney Joyner, and Constantine Nasr (2021)
  • The BFI Interview with Andrew V McLaglen (1999): archival audio recording of the director in conversation with David Lewin at the National Film Theatre
  • Tom Vincent on Andrew V McLaglen (2021): career-spanning appraisal by the film archivist
  • Newsreel footage of Red Adair fighting blazes in the Sahara and the North Sea
  • Super 8 version: original cut-down home-cinema presentation
  • Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Andrew Nette, archival articles on the film and the events that inspired it, an overview of critical responses, and film credits
  • UK premiere on Blu-ray

Old 15th July 2021, 03:33 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Excellent set of releases. Midway, Grey Lady Down and Macarthur are certain purchases.
Dave Boy likes this.
Old 15th July 2021, 04:13 PM
Cult Rookie

Default John Badham’s “Dracula”

Hello. I’m new to Cult-Labs, and excited to be here. Does anyone have any up to date into on this upcoming release. I heard that it was being released sometime this year, but no official announcement was made. I know that Kim Newman has contributed a essay for this release. I also got an email directly from Indicator/Powerhouse saying that it’s definitely coming.
Old 15th July 2021, 04:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingHead1973 View Post
Hello. I’m new to Cult-Labs, and excited to be here. Does anyone have any up to date into on this upcoming release. I heard that it was being released sometime this year, but no official announcement was made. I know that Kim Newman has contributed a essay for this release. I also got an email directly from Indicator/Powerhouse saying that it’s definitely coming.
There is no recent information. The last thing I heard (think it might have been on the Hammer on Bluray Facebook Page) was from Michael Brooke who said words to the effect that it would be released later in the year, in a period that was more of a traditional time for horror releases.

I took that to mean around Halloween but Indicator have made horror releases in November too.

We'll just have to be patient I guess...

...welcome to the board by the way

Like this? Share it using the links below!