Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th July 2021, 05:08 PM
Cult Rookie

Thanks for the quick response and your welcome comment.
Old 15th July 2021, 05:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Indicator are a great company and do have a broad spectrum, but on a personal point of view, I’d love them to release more UK films from the 70s.
There’s a lot of unreleased stuff from that era that is crying out for the Blu Ray treatment ( although I acknowledge this is much easier said than done! ).
Having said that, I have a lot of their Blu rays ( their Hammer boxsets are fantastic ) and will continue to support them, even if some of their releases aren’t my cup of tea. To be honest, I do this with all labels - I’m just glad companies like this are releasing fantastic stuff on dvd / Blu-ray. Long may it continue!
Old 15th July 2021, 06:45 PM
Cult Rookie

I agree with you 100%. I’ve bought numerous releases from Powerhouse, and not once have I had a bad release. I especially love the Hammer sets. I think my favorite one is the “Curse of the Demon” set. Powerhouse is the reason why I purchased an all region Blu-ray player.
Old 15th July 2021, 07:09 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

to the jungle!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th July 2021, 05:09 AM
Cult Rookie

I really hope that the Hammer Volume 7 will contain: “Brides of Dracula”, “The Evil of Frankenstein”, “The Curse of the Werewolf” & “Kiss of the Vampire” would be the next set. I did hear a rumor that Shout! Factory is doing “Curse of the Mummy’s Tomb” in December.
Old 16th July 2021, 06:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingHead1973 View Post
I really hope that the Hammer Volume 7 will contain: “Brides of Dracula”, “The Evil of Frankenstein”, “The Curse of the Werewolf” & “Kiss of the Vampire” would be the next set. I did hear a rumor that Shout! Factory is doing “Curse of the Mummy’s Tomb” in December.
I think the 4 you mention will be coming down the line.

The horror update I'd like most from Indicator is to do with the other Robert Hartford-Davis titles they are rumored to have, given that Corruption came out as a standalone release? Are they cancelled or still going ahead? Box or standalones?

Not seen Michael Brooke on here for awhile either. He must be busy. Lets hope so...
Old 22nd July 2021, 08:31 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

So glad I order direct from PH.

These arrived today FIVE weeks early!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd July 2021, 09:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Indicator are a great company and do have a broad spectrum, but on a personal point of view, I’d love them to release more UK films from the 70s.
There’s a lot of unreleased stuff from that era that is crying out for the Blu Ray treatment ( although I acknowledge this is much easier said than done! ).
Aside from mentioning that Alvin Rakoff's Hoffman (1970) and Gerry O'Hara's The Brute (1977) are on their way (both have been officially teased), I can't go into specific detail right now, but I hope you won't be disappointed by what's coming up over the next few months.

As you suggest, there's a bigger challenge with stuff like this than there is with major studio releases, because HD masters don't normally exist off the shelf and have to be created from scratch (with all the expense and logistical challenges that that implies) - and of course lockdown hasn't made things easy either, as gaining physical access to vault materials has been far trickier than it used to be. But we have several 1970s British titles in active development.
Old 22nd July 2021, 10:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
So glad I order direct from PH.

These arrived today FIVE weeks early!
Nice one, Reaper.

I haven't even started on Powerhouse titles yet.

I've bought what i want from the 88 Range and i can wait for one or two extra upgrades from Arrow titles, same with 101 so i think Powerhouse will be the label i start on next month. Plenty in that three for £30 offer to keep me going a while - Hammer, Randolph Scott etc.

I count fifteen....
Old 23rd July 2021, 07:05 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Aside from mentioning that Alvin Rakoff's Hoffman (1970) and Gerry O'Hara's The Brute (1977) are on their way (both have been officially teased), I can't go into specific detail right now, but I hope you won't be disappointed by what's coming up over the next few months.

As you suggest, there's a bigger challenge with stuff like this than there is with major studio releases, because HD masters don't normally exist off the shelf and have to be created from scratch (with all the expense and logistical challenges that that implies) - and of course lockdown hasn't made things easy either, as gaining physical access to vault materials has been far trickier than it used to be. But we have several 1970s British titles in active development.
Many thanks for the reply, Michael. Looking forward to what you’ve got coming up in the ( hopefully near! ) future.

Like this? Share it using the links below!