Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th August 2021, 09:35 AM
Cult Acolyte

All the Warren's have there moments...

I guess Prey is the most difficult to like for a lot of people as it's got loads of padding, terrible dialogue and the kills are mostly offscreen. But... for me anyway, it sticks in the memory. It could be the strange atmosphere and/or the climax, which I won't spoil here...
Old 20th August 2021, 01:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The first time i saw Prey was via a vhs which looked very much like this.
Wasn't Legend of the Werewolf and The Ghoul also on the same label?
Old 20th August 2021, 01:49 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
Wasn't Legend of the Werewolf and The Ghoul also on the same label?
No, they were released via Screamtime. I have them both still on vhs.

I don't have them to hand at this moment but i remember when i reviewed them both in The Gothic Thread back in 2015 the only way i could take screen caps was to actually take a photo of the tv screen.
g053584398 likes this.
Old 21st August 2021, 09:08 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post

I guess Prey is the most difficult to like for a lot of people as it's got loads of padding, terrible dialogue and the kills are mostly offscreen. But... for me anyway, it sticks in the memory. It could be the strange atmosphere and/or the climax, which I won't spoil here...
Yep,the climax is worth the wait.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st August 2021, 09:09 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Anyway.....when we getting a Pete Walker boxset?

(With Amarays)
Paul@TheOverlook and Rob4 like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st August 2021, 09:58 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Anyway.....when we getting a Pete Walker boxset?

(With Amarays)
I think they are owned by London Films like the Warrens, so it would be good if a deal can be done. I guess it's complicated by Screenbound already releasing some and also I guess the fact they've been released in the US for a long time now that it might not be considered a profitable option... that hasn't stopped them pushing on with Hammer releases though
Old 22nd August 2021, 10:48 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I think they are owned by London Films like the Warrens, so it would be good if a deal can be done. I guess it's complicated by Screenbound already releasing some and also I guess the fact they've been released in the US for a long time now that it might not be considered a profitable option... that hasn't stopped them pushing on with Hammer releases though

Demoncrat and Rob4 like this.

Old 22nd August 2021, 11:17 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:

For me, Prey is comfortably the most original of Warren's horror films - let's face it, you're unlikely to go "God, not another film about a flesh-eating alien disguised as a human being shacking up in the middle of nowhere with two lesbians who don't know any actual human males and so think that his bizarre behaviour is normal" - which helps keep it going over the longueurs.

But I'd gladly have cut the lesbian sex scene to about ten seconds - it's quite fun to watch in the knowledge that neither Warren nor his actresses knew what lesbians actually did together (it's more entertaining to watch with the commentary than with the original film soundtrack), and I obviously understand the commercial imperatives, but the film basically stops dead at that point.
Old 24th August 2021, 12:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yep,a masterclass in what you can do on a ten quid budget.

A lot of American trash auteurs could’ve learned a lot from old Norman.

Old 13th October 2021, 03:32 PM
Cult Master

Distribution Solutions Inks Distribution Deal With Powerhouse Films Label / Media Player News

"Distribution Solutions, a division of Alliance Entertainment, has inked a physical media partnership with Powerhouse Films’ U.K.-based label Indicator.

Distribution Solutions will handle sales and distribution of all Powerhouse Films sellthrough releases in the United States and Canada.

The first physical Powerhouse Films releases distributed by Distribution Solutions will be available for purchase in January 2022.

Powerhouse Films has an extensive collection of classic films that includes limited-edition boxed sets and single-title releases, as well as standard-edition reissues of limited-edition titles that have gone out of print, such as John Carpenter’s Christine, Jacques Tourneur’s Night of the Demon and Dennis Hopper’s The Last Movie.

“We are very excited to be in business with Powerhouse Films,” Distribution Solutions president Ben Means said in a statement. “Partnering internationally with a film label like Indicator, which has such a driven passion for physical media, helps expand the quality and coverage of classic films we distribute to the U.S. and Canada.”

“We’re thrilled to be bringing our unique blend of cult and classic cinema to audiences in the U.S. and Canada in partnership with the fantastic team at Distribution Solutions,” Powerhouse Films’ co-founder Sam Dunn said in a statement. “We’ve been working hard unearthing and restoring a raft of incredible titles in order to put together a schedule that will surprise and delight even the most adventurous viewer.”

“Indicator lovingly curates and enshrines obscure, precious gems for the obsessive collector and the genre connoisseur,” award-winning filmmaker Guillermo del Toro said in a statement."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!