Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2023, 09:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
I've only seen the religious Ormond ones. They are fairly hilarious tbh.
If Footmen Tire You, What Will Horses Do? has to be seen to be believed, and even then you might think you were having a particularly strong hallucination.

Stylistically, it's as if Herschell Gordon Lewis had found religion towards the end of his career, but carried on making films in exactly the same style - so this is a gore-drenched Red Dawn-style fantasy about an evil Commie takeover of the US, with God-fearing American men, women and children being oppressed and brutalised by vodka-swigging Russkies with comedy Slavic accents, intercut with properly hellfire-and-brimstone preaching about how this is certain to happen to America unless they abandon pretty much everything that's even vaguely pleasurable and start reading the Bible 24/7. Depending on one's religious views, it's either absolutely terrifying (this was shown to kids in church and must have scarred them for life) or hysterically funny.
nosferatu42 and Graveyard like this.
Old 15th March 2023, 05:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Final specs for Indicator's first two Jean Rollin releases, available in either 4K UHD or normal Blu-ray.

The Shiver of the Vampires (Le Frisson des vampires):

Two Orphan Vampires (Les deux orphelines vampires):

Old 16th March 2023, 11:45 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The sale starts next Friday, March 24th.
Old 16th March 2023, 11:47 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Oh and i'm definitely in for the June releases of Cold Eyes of Fear and Black Magic Rites.
Mojo likes this.
Old 16th March 2023, 12:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Oh and i'm definitely in for the June releases of Cold Eyes of Fear and Black Magic Rites.
Bloody right! Polselli and a Giallo in 4k! Indicator really are excelling themselves these days! Day one purchase.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 16th March 2023, 12:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Mexican Gothic Horror box set, two Rollin's and these two. Powerhouse are already in position as label of the year.
Old 16th March 2023, 12:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah great releases. My only concern, is that every genre release seems to be a rigid box limited edition. I don't think my wallet is going to keep up so I might have to wait for standard releases for some of these

Shelf space is a problem too

I think I'll prioritise CEoF as I don't have a copy of that one.
Old 16th March 2023, 01:52 PM
Cult Veteran

I've never seen Cold Eyes of Fear so I might check that one, but as for Black Magic Rites, I have a BD already and i'm not exactly a fan so will skip that one.

Can we expect more Screenbound films? Jess Franco next?

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th March 2023, 03:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've never seen Cold Eyes of Fear so I might check that one, but as for Black Magic Rites, I have a BD already and i'm not exactly a fan so will skip that one.

Can we expect more Screenbound films? Jess Franco next?
I realised after posting earlier that i have both these on Screenbound Blu-ray's so won't be bothering replacing them. I only watched them last summer too.
Old 16th March 2023, 05:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

There's some large gaps in Indicator's spine numbers now:

263-267
274-275
292-293
336-380
394-401
403-416
418-424

Some of the one-off gaps are no doubt delayed projects like Dracula but I wonder if the gaps represent projects or deals that got cancelled or never got off the ground?

I'm pretty sure the Rollins will be 403-416 and I think there's a good chance that 418-424 are also from the Redemption catalogue, although The Cold Eyes of Fear is listed right back at 279 so that might indicate otherwise? The gap of 336-380 is the biggest - surely not all Mexican films?

Anyway, there seems to be a lot of licensed product backed up now so a lot to look forward to

Like this? Share it using the links below!