Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Powerhouse Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/13399-powerhouse-films.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd August 2016 08:09 PM

Powerhouse Films
 
A new British cult film distributor has sprung up to little (no) fanfare: Powerhouse Films.

They have a deal with Sony in the UK (finally someone who has managed to crack them!) and have some nice titles upcoming.

Webstore.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd August 2016 08:12 PM

More upcoming films on their 'About' page.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd August 2016 08:16 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Superb!
Will save those who already don't own the TT discs OTT shipping costs.

Like the '80's ZX Spectrum' type band at the top.....wonder Arrow aren't suing!:lol:
Maybe Fright Night is on the cards.....
Wish them all the luck in the world!:clap:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd August 2016 08:19 PM

There's no add to basket option yet.
They're limited.So I want them! :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd August 2016 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 502387)
There's no add to basket option yet.
They're limited.So I want them! :nod:

I think Amazon and the like may be selling them too Reaps based on some of them having listings.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd August 2016 08:23 PM

Ha,ha i was just looking at what was to come and it's all disappeared. Everything, each page is now product less. :lol:

****ing Treb must have got there first. :pound:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd August 2016 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 502391)
Ha,ha i was just looking at what was to come and it's all disappeared. Everything, each page is now product less. :lol:

****ing Treb must have got there first. :pound:

They must not have banked on the rabid curiosity of the cult film community and took all the listings down - luckily Reaps had the foresight to upload the image attachments.

Wish I'd copied & pasted that full list of upcoming titles. A couple of Noir on there though (Experiment in Terror and The Lady from Shanghai) as well as the phenomenal Bunny Lake is Missing.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd August 2016 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 502393)
Wish I'd copied & pasted that full list of upcoming titles. A couple of Noir on there though (Experiment in Terror and The Lady from Shanghai) as well as the phenomenal Bunny Lake is Missing.

Luckily, someone else did...

Quote:

Indicator is a new British Blu-ray and DVD label owned and operated by Powerhouse Films Ltd, London, England.

Founded by industry veterans with a passion for physical media, Indicator aims to release four titles per month. Indicator editions will be expertly encoded using the finest available master materials, offer lovingly assembled extra features, carry new and improved English subtitles, and include accompanying booklets containing newly commissioned and contemporary writing.

List of Indicator editions:

001 - CHRISTINE (John Carpenter, 1983)
002 - BODY DOUBLE (Brian De Palma, 1984)
003 - GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER (Stanley Kramer, 1967)
004 - TO SIR, WITH LOVE (James Clavell, 1967)
005 - 10 RILLINGTON PLACE (Richard Fleischer, 1971)
006 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME (J. Lee Thompson, 1981)
007 - THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI (Orson Welles, 1947)
008 - BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING (Otto Preminger, 1965)
009 - FAT CITY (John Huston, 1972)
010 - THE LAST DETAIL (Hal Ashby, 1973)
011 - EXPERIMENT IN TERROR (Blake Edwards, 1962)
012 - THE ANDERSON TAPES (Sidney Lumet, 1971)

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd August 2016 05:24 AM

Powerhouse Films
 
The first thing they need to do is get rid of that band at the top, and just have the Indicator logo instead. Second thing is, hopefully they just got UK rights and not Ireland too!

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd August 2016 05:32 AM

Powerhouse Films
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 502385)
Superb!

Will save those who already don't own the TT discs OTT shipping costs.



Like the '80's ZX Spectrum' type band at the top.....wonder Arrow aren't suing!:lol:

Maybe Fright Night is on the cards.....

Wish them all the luck in the world!:clap:


OTT shipping? Think Mr Reaper has been smoking the waccy-baccy. Anyone would think you never pay silly amounts regularly for stuff [emoji39] And the band sucks, just like Arrow's does. [emoji23]

In all seriousness though, looking forward to some of these, and they seem to rival (and better the TT Editions).


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.