Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2012, 08:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah, those multi-film boxsets are highly suspect. I borrowed a Westerns box set off my brother to see China 9 Liberty 37 and there was about 30mins missing out of it and not only did it look like it was taken from VHS but it looked like it was camcordered of a VHS. I'm not having much luck with Monte Hellman...
Old 1st December 2012, 10:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default ive been Tromatised

not exactly the worse PQ ive seen but Troma's so called ltd edition of Mad Dog Morgan (1977) is orrible,not 100% on my tech talk but the ratio looks wrong and the print looks naff (naff's a word,right?)

Troma.jpg
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 1st December 2012, 10:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToZero View Post
I dont't buy movies because of the packaging but who says a filmr must be limited to the "standard case" for every release?
I don't - it's the film I want, but why should I or anyone else have to pay £10-£12 more just because it comes in a metal case?

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 1st December 2012, 11:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
not exactly the worse PQ ive seen but Troma's so called ltd edition of Mad Dog Morgan (1977) is orrible,not 100% on my tech talk but the ratio looks wrong and the print looks naff (naff's a word,right?)
Vic the Austrailian Umbrella disc is the one to get. I have it and it's highly recommended...

10 cheap Austrralian bucks here
Old 1st December 2012, 11:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Tartan's release of Bride Of Re-Animator, one of the shitiest transfers i've ever seen, i have a better copy on a VHS that i taped off Film4 years ago.
Old 1st December 2012, 11:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Vic the Austrailian Umbrella disc is the one to get. I have it and it's highly recommended...

nice one Wes cheers
Old 1st December 2012, 11:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post

Agreed. It looks beautiful, BD next!
VicDakin likes this.
Old 6th December 2012, 01:51 PM
Cult Rookie

My Prism Leisure dvd of Rabid was turned off after a couple of minutes. I may watch it one day - hopefully Cronenberg's entire output will get the HD treatment it deserves before that happens.

Not horror, but I have a budget dvd of the Australian film Bliss - it's crud: mastered from vhs, with tracking lines visible, really muddy sound and no subs. Also it's a heavily cut version. I think I'll shell out for the Oz dvd, as the film itself is terrific.
Old 6th December 2012, 02:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Conversely,. I was delighted by the awful print quality of the Mill Creek presentation of the theatrical version of Blood Of Dracula's Castle.

I know it's hipster bollocks, but there are rare occasions when a crappy print sets the atmos!

If you are going to willingly watch something as absurd as Blood Of Dracula's Castle then print damage seems entirely appropriate!

I really need a car seat to watch it from...maybe a car door to hang a tinny speaker on...

Old 6th December 2012, 03:25 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
As far as i'm aware Prom Night has never had a nice looking print on dvd. The region 1 release from Platinum is fairly poor.

Shite film though, so i wouldn't bother with a better version anyway.
The Australian Region 4 DVD of Prom Night boasted an extremely nice anamorphic transfer. Guess most people missed that one, though.

Worst DVD I ever saw was Digital Entertainment's release of The Gate. It was a pixellated mess and barely watchable. Thank God DE bacme AB and upped their game.

Like this? Share it using the links below!