Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Optimum / Studio Canal Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/1376-optimum-studio-canal-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th August 2009 06:52 PM

Can't wait to see a decent transfer of XTRO.
Optimum may not go bonkers with the extras on their older films,but I don't think I've seen a bad transfer yet.
The German XTRO disc I have is shoddy to say the least.:pout:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th August 2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 36699)
Hopefully they'll release the complete version. The Film 2000 DVD is missing a few brief (non-violent) scenes that are present in the German DVD and old UK video versions.

The German dvd I used to have (and traded on here) had two versions of the film Vince.One I'm sure was the director's cut and the other the theatrical version.Be nice if Optimum did this....:coolblue:

vincenzo 5th August 2009 09:35 PM

It's not a classic by any means but I enjoyed it. The first appearance of the alien on the road is genuinely creepy.

Pete 7th August 2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 36773)
Can't wait to see a decent transfer of XTRO.
Optimum may not go bonkers with the extras on their older films,but I don't think I've seen a bad transfer yet.
The German XTRO disc I have is shoddy to say the least.:pout:

It will have some extras as they went through the bbfc the other day.

Daemonia 8th August 2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 36695)
Some great titles on Optimum. I think I have about 30 of their releases. My first Optimum, and probably one of my favourites is Lynch's Naked Lunch which I bought back in 2004.

Sorry to be pedantic - but don't you mean Cronenberg's Naked Lunch?

vincenzo 8th August 2009 10:47 PM

Or to be even more pedantic Cronenberg's Burroughs's Naked Lunch. :madgrin:

Splatterdragon73 9th August 2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 36868)
It's not a classic by any means but I enjoyed it. The first appearance of the alien on the road is genuinely creepy.

If i recall correctly it's actually a crew member facing forward in the 'crab' position wearing the alien costume back to front and it is indeed creepy. Xtro is a weird and wonderful little effort where the selection of strange events in the movie actually work in it's favour rather than against the film.

Remember the legendary 'Action Man' scene with Anna Wing from Eastenders?

Hopefully Optimum will do something special with this sci-fi horror oddity.:)

Splatterdragon73 9th August 2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 36773)
Optimum may not go bonkers with the extras on their older films.
:

That's true enough and the likes of Killer Klowns From Outer Space, The Inglorious Bastards, The Exterminator, The Antichrist, Maniac Cop and Prison among others could all have benefitted from having some decent bonus material included. It's this lack of effort towards extras that put's me off investing in some of Optimum's offerings. They're not a bad company they could just be a little bit better at times.:)

vincenzo 9th August 2009 10:57 AM

Optimum's Rosemary's Killer was uncut but the sleeve was awful. Very sparse on the extras too.

Pete 9th August 2009 12:54 PM

RK may be short on extras but the transfer is superb.

I like the artwork.