Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Optimum / Studio Canal Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/1376-optimum-studio-canal-thread.html)

WaveCrest 6th June 2009 05:05 PM

Optimum / Studio Canal Thread

Optimum have delayed the Region 2 release of Rider On The Rain until September. I read recently on the film's IMDb forum that Optimum have been trying to find the English dubbed version. Apparently the previous release was a French dubbed version and the picture was terrible.

It was either on the Anchor Bay forum, Cult Movie Forums or on here, where I'd asked about a Charles Bronson film I'd seen a DVD of on the shelves in my local HMV. Someone replied saying the picture was poor and that it may be or was a public domain release.

Other Optimum releases

I recently bought a Lee Van Cleef western called Barquero on R2 which I'd never heard of before. Inside was a booklet telling you about past, present and future Optimum releases. What particularly caught my eye were the following (these have been mentioned in recent news articles on websites DVD Times and DVD Active):

Electra Glide In Blue
Hardware: Special Edition

mark meakin 7th June 2009 03:31 PM

I'm waiting for their release of Hammer's LOST CONTINENT (1968) an adaption of Dennis Wheatley's Uncharted Seas.I have the OOP Anchor Bay r0 disc but the film is cut together from about 3 different print sources of varying quality.I'm hoping that this will be taken from a better source.

Pete 8th June 2009 10:00 AM

I was thinking of starting an Optimum thread!:)

I picked up their disc of Turkey Shoot recently and was suprised to find they had actually bothered to include some extras! It had the featurette from the Umbrella disc and a interview with the director, which i think was shot for this release.

Pete 4th August 2009 11:48 AM

Optimum are re-issuing Xtro and Emmanuelle.

vincenzo 4th August 2009 04:22 PM

Their last release of Emmanuelle was pretty good. First time uncut in the UK and a nice print.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th August 2009 05:24 PM

Their recent release of THIEF is anamorphic and crystal clear!:woot:

Vampix 4th August 2009 07:55 PM

I'll definitely pick up Xtro, the last time I saw this was on pre-cert video.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th August 2009 09:09 PM

Some great titles on Optimum. I think I have about 30 of their releases. My first Optimum, and probably one of my favourites is Lynch's Naked Lunch which I bought back in 2004.

vincenzo 4th August 2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 36680)
I'll definitely pick up Xtro, the last time I saw this was on pre-cert video.

Hopefully they'll release the complete version. The Film 2000 DVD is missing a few brief (non-violent) scenes that are present in the German DVD and old UK video versions.

Pete 5th August 2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 36599)
Their last release of Emmanuelle was pretty good. First time uncut in the UK and a nice print.

This new edition is going to have a new documentary.