Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree276Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th August 2020, 08:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Robert Wise: Lets turn this book into a haunted house and make it look like the house is haunted and play on the minds as if it is not haunted.

Jan De Bont: sod you lets turn this into a pure haunted house with great effects that will stand about.

Me: wake me up when this is finished

The original had me hiding under my quilt, the remake had me interested that it was being remade but afterwards i was looking for a heavy book to hit my head with and try to forget i watched the movie.
Old 3rd September 2020, 06:18 PM
Cult Master

"Paramount Pictures announced today it will release a new edit and restoration of Francis Ford Coppola’s final film in his epic Godfather trilogy entitled Mario Puzo’s THE GODFATHER, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone. This new version of The Godfather: Part III achieves director/screenwriter Coppola and screenwriter Puzo’s original vision for the finale, which has been meticulously restored for the finest presentation of the Corleone saga’s last chapter. Mario Puzo’s THE GODFATHER, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone will have a limited theatrical release in December, followed by availability on Digital home entertainment platforms and on disc.

“‘Mario Puzo’s THE GODFATHER, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone’ is an acknowledgement of Mario’s and my preferred title and our original intentions for what became ‘The Godfather: Part III,’” said Coppola. “For this version of the finale, I created a new beginning and ending, and rearranged some scenes, shots, and music cues. With these changes and the restored footage and sound, to me, it is a more appropriate conclusion to ‘The Godfather’ and ‘The Godfather: Part II’ and I’m thankful to Jim Gianopulos and Paramount for allowing me to revisit it.”

Coppola and his production company American Zoetrope worked from a 4K scan of the original negative to undertake a painstaking, frame-by-frame restoration of both the new Mario Puzo’s THE GODFATHER, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone and the original The Godfather: Part III. In order to create the best presentation possible, Zoetrope and Paramount’s restoration team began by searching for over 50 original takes to replace lower resolution opticals in the original negative. This process took more than six months and involved sifting through 300 cartons of negative. American Zoetrope worked diligently to repair scratches, stains, and other anomalies that could not be addressed previously due to technology constraints, while enhancements were made to the original 5.1 audio mix. These thorough restoration efforts were not immune to the coronavirus pandemic: midway through the project, all work—even the search for the negative—shifted to the San Francisco Bay area and Los Angeles and was completed by Zoetrope and Paramount remotely.

“Mr. Coppola oversaw every aspect of the restoration while working on the new edit, ensuring that the film not only looks and sounds pristine, but also meets his personal standards and directorial vision,” said Andrea Kalas, senior vice president, Paramount Archives."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd September 2020, 08:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Interesting.

Hopefully he hasn't done a Lucas and went daft.....
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd September 2020, 10:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Interesting.

Hopefully he hasn't done a Lucas and went daft.....
He's going to cgi Jar Jar Binks in as Michael (but keep Pacino's voice).
Old 3rd September 2020, 10:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
That's probably preferably to keeping Pacino in and using Jar Jar's voice.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Robert Wise: Lets turn this book into a haunted house and make it look like the house is haunted and play on the minds as if it is not haunted.

Jan De Bont: sod you lets turn this into a pure haunted house with great effects that will stand about.

Me: wake me up when this is finished

The original had me hiding under my quilt, the remake had me interested that it was being remade but afterwards i was looking for a heavy book to hit my head with and try to forget i watched the movie.
HUG!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th September 2020, 11:17 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
They removed all the scenes with Sophia Coppola
Old 4th September 2020, 01:26 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah that would be a bonus.
Kill Kay off at the end,then maybe we’d bother......

No more Hi cuz....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th September 2020, 07:09 PM
Cult Master

'Coming to America' (1988) - Coming to 4K UHD

Release date: December 1st

MORE INFO TBA!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th September 2020, 08:25 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'Coming to America' (1988) - Coming to 4K UHD

Release date: December 1st

MORE INFO TBA!

Great news! I got it on blu-ray from Japan (for that original artwork), but the sound is out of synch and I was going to buy one from elsewehere, but i'll definitely wait now.

Like this? Share it using the links below!