Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th December 2021, 05:50 PM
Cult Master

'2LDK' (2003) - Coming to Blu-ray from Unearthed Films

"Anyone who's ever had a difficult roommate will relate to this outrageous and violent Japanese comedy

Small town girl Kimi and her glamorous, big city roommate, Lana, share a Tokyo apartment (2 bedroom, living room, dining room, and kitchen, hence the titular abbreviation). They already have their little disagreements, but when it comes to light that they are competing for the same movie role AND the same man, their fights escalate from arguments to all-out power tool battles!

Taking place entirely within the confines of the apartment, 2LDK is short, thrilling ride for fans of offbeat cinema."

Bonus Materials
  • Making Of 2LDK
  • Promotional Videos and Interviews
  • Photo Gallery
  • Trailers

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2LDK.jpg (48.0 KB, 21 views)
Demoncrat likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th February 2022, 09:24 PM
Cult Master

'Calamity of Snakes' (1982) - Coming soon to Blu-ray from Unearthed Films

"After a business man kills thousands of snakes in pit where they are building a new apartment building. The people living there soon become attacked by thousands of snakes as vengeance"

MORE INFO TBA

Demoncrat and Rob4 like this.

Old 10th February 2022, 09:32 PM
Cult Master

'Christmas Cruelty' (2013) - Coming to Blu-ray Christmas 2022 from Unearthed Films

"We follow a serial killer and his victims as they all prepare for Christmas in their own ways. This year it doesn't matter if you have been naughty or nice, Santa is coming to town no matter what, and he knows where you live"

Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.

Old 1st September 2022, 06:08 AM
Cult Master

'The August Underground Trilogy' - Coming soon to Blu-ray from Unearthed Films

"Heralded as the most disturbing, intense and extreme series in horror fandom, Unearthed Films will be presenting August Underground Trilogy in fresh, new Blu Ray releases with rare behind the scenes, new commentaries, new video interviews, rare commentaries and older interviews."

"Imagine walking down the street and finding an unmarked VHS tape. Curiosity peaked, you take it home and pop it in. What starts off as two men screwing around with a video camera quickly transforms into an ultra-realistic torture sequence where the unidentified psychopaths tape their exploits as the torment and violate a woman tied to a chair. The sodomy of your morals continues throughout the entirety of the footage, while subtly revealing the killer’s shattered pasts via the interactions with the victims and each other. The most shockingly realistic portrait of a serial killer’s existence is FRED VOGEL’S AUGUST UNDERGROUND."

"August Underground’s Mordum is the sequel to the cult classic August Underground is a character study in the sick, an amoral putrid masturbatory fantasy. The found footage contained in August Underground’s MORDUM documents extreme deviant sexuality, torture and murder, while unfolding a classic tale of a man and woman in love. However, the woman cannot give up her other lover, who also happens to be her younger brother. Exploiting the trio of killers and their deviant ways with issues such as child abuse, incest, rape and their effects on the human psyche, August Underground’s MORDUM will vomit all over you and leave you for dead!"

"Has someone ever handed you a movie, not telling you one thing about it, only telling you to watch it. What if that tape was the personal home video of two sociopaths on a killing spree? This is their home movie, for their eyes-only. This is August Undergroud’s PENANCE. The third and final film in the AU franchise Directed By Fred Vogel and Starring Cristie “Crusty” Whiles. August Underground’s PENANCE shows the dark decline of the two nameless killers from the previous films as they continue to videotape their madness on their path to destruction."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg August Underground Trilogy.jpg (94.9 KB, 110 views)
MacBlayne and Demoncrat like this.

Old 1st September 2022, 10:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Aren’t those films recorded on a Nokia 3210 lol

I’ve never seen them, I know they have a reputation, but I also know they are very lofi looking, not sure what the benefit of having them on a Blu-ray would bring.
Susan Foreman likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st September 2022, 10:40 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Aren’t those films recorded on a Nokia 3210 lol

I’ve never seen them, I know they have a reputation, but I also know they are very lofi looking, not sure what the benefit of having them on a Blu-ray would bring.
They were purposefully made to mimic a 10th generation copy of a video recording

The original idea was that people would make a copy of the film and then leave it on a bus or train or park bench so that the person who unwittingly found and watched it would be convinced that they had found a genuine snuff movie!

To describe them as being 'LoFi' is over praising them!

Old 1st September 2022, 08:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
They were purposefully made to mimic a 10th generation copy of a video recording

The original idea was that people would make a copy of the film and then leave it on a bus or train or park bench so that the person who unwittingly found and watched it would be convinced that they had found a genuine snuff movie!

To describe them as being 'LoFi' is over praising them!

Even back then, why on Earth would you take a left behind unmarked tape.

YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT'S ON IT
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 9th December 2022, 08:59 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
'Calamity of Snakes' (1982) - Coming soon to Blu-ray from Unearthed Films

"After a business man kills thousands of snakes in pit where they are building a new apartment building. The people living there soon become attacked by thousands of snakes as vengeance"

MORE INFO TBA

Release date: November 4, 2023

Special features:
  • Commentary from Nathan Hamilton and Brad Slaton
  • Full Length Documentary: From Shaw to Snakes: The Venom And Violence Of Early Chinese Language Horror Cinema
  • Reptilian Recollections: Lin Kuang-Yung In Conversation With Chui-Yi Chung
  • Alternate Cut
  • Cruelty Free Cut

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Calamity Of Snakes 2.jpg (100.6 KB, 76 views)
Demoncrat and Rob4 like this.

Old 9th January 2023, 06:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well... 2 more films picked up for Unearthed... Horror fans will be delighted. Extras in the works for August Underground, Extras being made for Profane Exhibit. Just put in another film into the system on Friday for release right after Calamity of Snakes. We have about 8 films we have not announced yet. Working on a limited edition statue I am dying to show you BUT... gotta keep secrets, secret.

Thank the Lord for my UF Family... I wouldn't be able to do this without them. I have been bringing in more people into the inner circle at UF recently to help, due to our growth over the last 2 years. This is not a complaint, just a fact.

It's been hard... to be honest. I've always been more hands-on but lately, I have had to relinquish control of certain aspects but I am adjusting, slowly. It's a mental thing. I can trust myself but giving people chances, and opportunities, some **** it up and others hit the bullseye. It always sucks when I give people a gun, tell them to shoot the target, and then proceed to shoot themselves in the foot and then turn around and shoot me in the foot.

The Guyver Is almost done... it will be our 1st 4K release and since it is our 1st... still figuring out the 4k tech specs we need, to do it right. Cleaning it up a bit is what you would call the restoration process. Takes longer than we want but alas, has to be done. Serbian Film extended cut will be in 4K as well... so figuring that out as well. Might do a limited of it before we hit retailers.

I'm actually really excited... I think fans will rejoice.

2023 is going to be a banger of a year for Unearthed. 2024 is looking amazing as well...
Old 11th April 2023, 06:23 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
'The August Underground Trilogy' - Coming soon to Blu-ray from Unearthed Films

"Heralded as the most disturbing, intense and extreme series in horror fandom, Unearthed Films will be presenting August Underground Trilogy in fresh, new Blu Ray releases with rare behind the scenes, new commentaries, new video interviews, rare commentaries and older interviews"
Special features:
  • NEW! Audio commentary by Actor/Director Fred Vogel and Ulta Violent Magazine's Art Ettinger
  • NEW! 10 Questions with Fred Vogel
  • NEW! TOETAG Masterclass: From Storyboard To Screen
  • New Dave Parker Interviews Fred Vogel
  • Audio Commentary By Fred Vogel With Actors Aaron LaBonte & Ben LaBonte
  • Audio Commentary By 'The Killer'
  • Audio Commentary By Actor/Director Fred Vogel
  • HAMMER TO THE HEAD: A Closer Look At August Underground
  • August Underground On Location
  • August Underground Behind The Brutality
  • August Underground 'Too Real For Comfort' An Outsiders Perspective
  • Photo Gallery
  • Trailers
  • An Introduction By Director Fred Vogel

Like this? Share it using the links below!