Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   RONIN FLIX (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/14066-ronin-flix.html)

Rob4 3rd October 2020 10:17 AM

RONIN FLIX

2 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure Ronan Flix merit a thread of their own, but I didn't want to bury this release in the Obscure Labels thread.

gag 3rd October 2020 10:48 AM

Don’t know this label at first glance I thought it was someone name :pound:.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd October 2020 12:45 PM

Yeah they originally set up shop and only sold Code Red and Scorpion titles....

Rik 3rd October 2020 01:11 PM

Never bought owt from them because I’m pretty sure they don’t ship to the UK and I can’t be arsed messing about with shipito etc :lol:

FYI, it’s Ronin Flix :nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th October 2020 09:17 PM

They don’t ship to the uk,you need shipitto.Then when you get to checkout they charge you that states tax rate:rolleyes:

Rob4 8th October 2020 07:42 AM

I read on another forum that it will be exclusive to the Ronin site for a period and then released to Diabolik.com for international orders. Don't know how kosher that information is?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th October 2020 09:32 AM

Dunno mate,but I picked up the uk box the other day and it’s abysmal in comparison.No reversible artwork,no booklet,cut films....I mean,come on that original poster is cinematic history!

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th October 2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 637270)
Dunno mate,but I picked up the uk box the other day and it’s abysmal in comparison.No reversible artwork,no booklet,cut films....I mean,come on that original poster is cinematic history!

Have you seen how long ISOYG Deja Vu is?

Two and a half hours. :shocked:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th October 2020 06:41 PM

Yeah I used to have the briefly released US disc.
Believe it or not,it's a worthy sequel.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th November 2020 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shipped!:clap:

MrBarlow 15th November 2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 637273)
Have you seen how long ISOYG Deja Vu is?

Two and a half hours. :shocked:

To me it was two and half hours I will never get back

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th November 2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 640287)
To me it was two and half hours I will never get back

Yeah, i decided not to bother with the new film. Far too long for what it is in my opinion.

MrBarlow 15th November 2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 640292)
Yeah, i decided not to bother with the new film. Far too long for what it is in my opinion.

Smart move Dem

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th November 2020 01:08 PM

Wouldn’t say I ‘enjoyed’ it.Rape and revenge movies are too vile to use that term.....and yeah it could do with being at least half an hour shorter,but in comparison to those awful remakes,it is far superior.

Dave 16th November 2020 04:39 PM

Seriously considering it for the 4K scan and all the bells and whistles but struggling to justify paying Grindhouse Video £73.94 (their cheapest option). Might stick with the old trusty Anchor Bay for now but still on the fence.

Dave 16th November 2020 05:07 PM

I’ll maybe grab it from Diabolik at the end of the month if it’s still available

Susan Foreman 2nd February 2021 06:09 AM

'Lawnmower Man 2: Jobe’s War' (1996) - Coming soon to Blu-ray from Ronin Flix

Susan Foreman 2nd February 2021 06:10 AM

'Adrenaline: Fear The Rush' (1996) - Coming soon to Blu-ray from Ronin Flix

Susan Foreman 27th February 2021 12:05 PM

'Rollerball' (1975) - Coming soon from Ronin Fix

Susan Foreman 10th March 2021 11:55 AM

• FLASH SALE! Enjoy one last movie binge on us before venturing out into the sun.
  • Get an EXTRA 30% OFF current low sale prices when you spend $50 or more on any of the 40+ titles in the Spring Forward Sale collection.
  • Enter code AWAKENING at checkout.
  • Sale begins 3/9 at 2 PM PT and ends 3/14 at 2 AM PT.
  • Offer valid on Blu-rays in the Spring Forward Sale collection only. Available while supplies last.

https://roninflix.com/?fbclid=IwAR3E...d_JpX3P0s_rdVY

Susan Foreman 12th June 2021 09:48 PM

I Spit on Your Grave and I Spit on Your Grave: Dej* Vu getting stand-alone releases from Ronin Flix on October 5

Special features:
I Spit on Your Grave:
  • New 4K HD scan & restoration of director Meir Zarchi's 35mm original camera negative!
  • Newly Restored DTS-HD Master Audio Mono and DTS-HD 5.1 Audio options
  • English Subtitles for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing
  • NEW Jennifer’s Journey - the locations of I Spit on Your Grave featurette hosted by writer Michael Gingold
  • Audio Commentary with writer / director Meir Zarchi
  • Audio Commentary with Film Critic Joe Bob Briggs
  • The Value of Vengeance - Meir Zarchi Remembers I Spit on Your Grave
  • Alternate Day of the Woman Opening Title
  • Theatrical Trailers, TV & Radio Spots, and Stills Gallery
  • NEW Slideshow with Rare & Behind-the-Scenes Photos from the Set
  • Reversible Cover

Deja Vu:
  • High Definition Blu-ray 1080p Widescreen Presentation (2.39:1)
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround
  • English Subtitiles for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing
  • NEW! Audio Commentary with Film Critic Joe Bob Briggs
  • NEW! Cast Interviews
  • EXCLUSIVE! The Making of 'I Spit on Your Grave: Deja Vu'
  • Behind-the-Scenes footage with director Meir Zarchi and cast
  • Original Theatrical Trailer

Susan Foreman 10th September 2021 02:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
'Modern Vampires' (1998) - Coming soon to Blu-ray

"A borderline fascistic Dr. Van Helsing unwittingly hires crack smoking gang-bangers to pursue the decadent vampires who secretly control Hollywood and the United States"

MORE INFO TBA!

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th September 2021 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 659165)
'Modern Vampires' (1998) - Coming soon to Blu-ray

I wonder which cut this is? The original US version was rated R but the UK version on dvd as Revenant was from an unrated print.

I really like this one.

Susan Foreman 25th November 2021 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Holiday sale

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/17...g?v=1637781275

Susan Foreman 23rd September 2022 05:01 PM

'Becky' (2020) - Blu-Ray pre-order available from Ronin Flix direct - $19:99

Release date: October 18

" "Lean, mean, nasty fun... " - Variety

"A gory, blood-spattered, fever dream take on Home Alone." - Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun Times

"An absolute blood-drenched joyride of a film." - Brian Orndorf, Blu-ray.com

Ronin Flix is giving Becky the hero treatment with a brand new BD-50 blu-ray release featuring enhanced audio and video, limited edition packaging, and over 60 minutes of never-before-released bonus material.

Spunky and rebellious, Becky (Lulu Wilson) is brought to a weekend getaway at a lake house by her father Jeff (Joel McHale) in an effort to try to reconnect. The trip immediately takes a turn for the worse when a group of convicts on the run, led by the merciless Dominick (Kevin James), suddenly invade the lake house.

“Featuring strong performances, whip-smart dialogue … and some of the most gruesome horror to ever come from north of the border, Becky is a pleasant little surprise. But make no mistake: it is straight up gleefully irresponsible revenge horror and is definitely not for the squeamish” (Frank Wilkins, Reel Reviews).

Starring Lulu Wilson (TV’s The Haunting of Hill House, Annabelle: Creation, Ouija: Origin of Evil), Kevin James (TV’s Kevin Can Wait, Grown-Ups), Joel McHale (TV’s Community, Happily)"

Special features and specs:
  • Film Introductions from directors Jonathan Millet & Cary Murnion
  • Two Heads are Better than One: Directing Becky with Jonathan Millet & Cary Murnion
  • No Laughing Matter with Joel McHale
  • The Fight of her Life with Lulu Wilson
  • Fan Art and Behind-the-Scenes Photo Galleries
  • Audio Commentary with star Lulu Wilson and screenwriters Ruckus and Lane Skye
  • 93 Minutes
  • Rated R
  • Color
  • English with English Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
  • Region A

Susan Foreman 23rd September 2022 05:04 PM

'Nightmare Man' (2260) - Blu-Ray pre-order available from Ronin Flix direct - $19:99

""A solid whirlwind of a horror movie with more twists and turns than a hula hoop competition… a winner." - Amanda Reyes, Film Threat

“Demonic brain-bender." - Fangoria

"An insanely cool thrill ride packed to the gills with sexy ladies… a true coup for genre fans..." - Bloody Disgusting

Ronin Flix is proud to present Rolfe Kanefsky's award-winning horror film, Nightmare Man, on blu-ray for the first time with over 60 minutes of extras including a new interview featurette.

From writer / director Rolfe Kanefsky comes "a brilliant gem of independent horror ..." (Jane Magazine). After receiving a demonic African mask in the mail, Ellen Morris (Blythe Metz) is attacked in her dreams by an evil being she calls 'Nightmare Man' and is labeled a paranoid schizophrenic by both her Doctor and her husband. When Ellen is brutally attacked again, this time after being abandoned on the side of the road while being transported to the hospital, she flees for her life and stumbles upon a remote cabin filled with friends. Unsure if the demon is real or not, everyone at the house unknowingly becomes prey to Ellen's mysterious and ever elusive killer. A throwback to the terrifying slasher films of the 1980's, Nightmare Man is "one hell of a fun ride" that will keep you guessing until the very end (Horror-Asylum.com) .

Starring one of Playboy’s 50 sexiest scream queens of all time, Tiffany Shepis (The Hazing, Sharknado 2), Blythe Metz (The Craving Heart), and Richard Moll (TV’S Nightcourt, Scary Movie 2)"

Special features and specs:
  • NEW There's Something Out There: The Making of Nightmare Man featurette including interviews with director Rolfe Kanefsky, actors Tiffany Shepis and Blythe Metz, and crew members Jeff Farley, Esther Goodstein, and Christian Farrel
  • Creating a Nightmare: The Making of Nightmare Man
  • Extended Scenes
  • Tiffany's Behind-the-Scenes
  • Flubbing a Nightmare Gag Reel
  • Stills Gallery
  • Promo Reel
  • NEW Film Score Audio-Only Track
  • Audio Commentary with director Rolfe Kanefsky, producer Esther Goodstein, and cast member Tiffany Shepis
  • 87 Minutes
  • Rated R
  • Color
  • English with English Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
  • Region A

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd September 2022 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 676287)
'Nightmare Man' (2260) - Blu-Ray pre-order available from Ronin Flix direct - $19:99

2260? Quite a wait for this one then. ;)

Susan Foreman 23rd September 2022 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 676289)
2260? Quite a wait for this one then. ;)

2006 perhaps!!!!

The problems with typing when a cat is jumping all over the keyboard!

Rob4 23rd September 2022 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 676290)
2006 perhaps!!!!

The problems with typing when a cat is jumping all over the keyboard!

How many cats do you have Susan? I have 4 so I wholeheartedly sympathise :lol:

Susan Foreman 24th September 2022 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 676299)
How many cats do you have Susan? I have 4 so I wholeheartedly sympathise :lol:

There are three in the house - 2 are very young kittens who are still exploring everything and the other one is a bit older who only comes to me when she is looking for fuss, food or cuddles!

Susan Foreman 27th October 2022 01:51 PM

Jet Li Double Feature: 'Fist of Legend' (1994) / 'Tai Chi Master' (1993) - Coming soon to Blu-ray

Susan Foreman 20th December 2022 03:41 PM

'The Lost' (2006) - Coming to Blu-ray in 2023 from Ronin Flix

"19-year-old Ray Pye (Marc Senter) is a black-clad suburban sociopath who meets his match when a new girl with a taste for the dark side, Katherine Wallace (Robin Sydney), arrives in town. Together, they are a dangerous couple whose deadly games lead to a horrific and shocking climax in this "disturbing and powerful" thriller (Dread Central). Based on the infamous horror novel by Jack Ketchum."

Special Features: To Be Announced