Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th March 2008, 03:26 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The BBFC also cut the shots of Tom's head being bashed against the table by David Hess in Edge Of The Park. This would definitely be restored now.

I'd love to see how the BBFC would handle Don't Go In The House.
Old 11th March 2008, 04:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Not familiar with Dont go in the House Vincenzo, any good.?

Man Bites Dog is very violent and passed uncut. I thought the violence in the home invasion scene which has an extremely violent head bashing and ends with an interview while smothering a kid to be quite strong. Probably as it was a B/W subtitled movie the bbfc seen it as an arthouse film which would help it pass uncut.

I just noticed that I had 'Friend' under my name and now it says 'Slayer', do you know what this means.?

Last edited by vipco; 11th March 2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11th March 2008, 04:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Maniac has a reasonable chance of passing uncut today. The bedroom strangulation should pass no problem. Not sure about the other cut later on though which shows a physically restrained woman having a knife traced across her chest and then stabbed. It's quite a lengthy scene but it might pass as there is no visible nudity. The BBFC made a similar cut to Strange Days which I think was more disturbing although it is a far better film. But they do have problems with scenes where the woman is restrained in any way so we'll just have to see.
Old 11th March 2008, 04:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It means that you have been promoted, Vipco. I think it actually said Fiend.

I thought Don't Go in the House was boring. Only one very disturbing scene.
Old 11th March 2008, 10:27 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The restraining of women during murder scenes is one of the reasons why I'm sceptical about the chances of Don't Go In The House getting through uncut now (as well as the gloating shots of full-frontal nudity and pleading during THAT murder scene).

Although Toolbox Murders has full-frontal nudity the girl isn't restrained and the scene is more sleazy than anything. Ditto for Visiting Hours. This would probably pass without problems now.

Last edited by vincenzo; 28th August 2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 13th March 2008, 07:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I noticed today in the window of a small independent video shop that he had double feature DVD's with VIPCO across the centre and in this case Bronx Warriors on top and Bronx Warriors 2 on the bottom. I couldn't read who released it as it was at the top shelf and part of the case was covered with the price and trade in price. Sucide and Dungeon was also there.
Anyone know who's putting these out.?
Old 13th March 2008, 10:46 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

There was indeed a 2-on-1 release on Vipco of the Bronx Warriors films. Amazon have it here - Bronx Warriors

Vipco also released 2-on-1 DVD's of A Blade In The Dark/Spookies, Pranks/God Told Me To (aka Demon) and Suicide/The Dungeon. These are all deleted titles now so they're probably worth getting for your collection if the prices are good. The prints are the same as the solo DVD releases.

The print of Pranks is the previously cut video/DVD release alas. Other than that all the above titles (inc the Bronx Warriors films) are fully uncut.
Old 19th March 2008, 08:09 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Default Mike Lee

Is Mike Lee, the former owner of VIPCO still releasing horror films.?
I ask as on a few VIPCO titles on the BBFC it says 'submitted by Horror Video or films UK, while on the later C.H. 25th Anniversary Ed. it says 'submitted by Mike Lee,.
Old 21st March 2008, 12:24 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Mike Lee has more lives than a cat! Don't be surprised if he rises from the ashes with a 'new' vipco scenario....
Old 21st March 2008, 10:46 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

He phoned me one time in the 90's to check my mailing details as some stuff had been lost on the computer and ended up talking about film, what i'd like to see released, censorship, etc for over half an hour.
Very decent fella. I always remembered that when it came to buying my UK films.

Like this? Share it using the links below!