Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th March 2011, 04:34 PM
Cult Rookie

i am trying to find a list of all of the Vipco's Screamtime Collection dvd's including the VSC numbers. can anybody help me.
im trying to start a collection of them (since i finished my "The Dead Of Night" collection) so far i have...

VSC013 PRANKS
VSC016 SPOOKIES
VSC026 THE DUNGEON
VSC029 ZOMBIE FLESHEATERS 3
VSC033 THE HOUSE OF LOST SOULS

any help?
thanks
Old 11th March 2011, 04:44 PM
Cult Rookie

thanks, even if you cant find the complete list with the VSC numbers just some will help make the list

p.s soz about dbl postin
Old 11th March 2011, 06:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I don't mean to seem rude but why do people still rate Vipco?

Most of their films are poor quality, in wrong aspect ratios and cut. I would guess that most of their releases have turned up in remastered form on labels such as Blue Underground which pretty much makes them redundant.

Even in the days of vhs it was much more satisfying to pick up one of their releases on their original labels such as Intervision etc, rather than a vipco hatchet job
Old 11th March 2011, 07:34 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I don't mean to seem rude but why do people still rate Vipco?

Most of their films are poor quality, in wrong aspect ratios and cut. I would guess that most of their releases have turned up in remastered form on labels such as Blue Underground which pretty much makes them redundant.

Even in the days of vhs it was much more satisfying to pick up one of their releases on their original labels such as Intervision etc, rather than a vipco hatchet job
I think people mainly collect them for nostalgic reasons, plus some of the cover art for the Vaults releases was pretty good; some were even better than the films themselves.

I've never been a fan myself, and only own The House of Doom boxset and Zombie Nosh, both on Vaults.
Old 11th March 2011, 07:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I think people mainly collect them for nostalgic reasons, plus some of the cover art for the Vaults releases was pretty good; some were even better than the films themselves.

I've never been a fan myself, and only own The House of Doom boxset and Zombie Nosh, both on Vaults.
The only ones i still have are Vault of Horror and Asylum, both have better quality releases now on other labels
Old 11th March 2011, 10:41 PM
Cult Rookie

well i recently acquired a bunch of dvd's from a friend, mostly containing "The Dead of Night Collection" (2/3) and a bunch of vipco's including some from the cult classic collection, vault collection and of course the Screamtime Collection.
i wasn't planning on collecting them all but just wanted a list to see which is the best vipco collection.
Old 30th March 2011, 09:20 PM
Cult Rookie

To be honest,,,I cant even believe there is a Vipco thread, ive never touched one of the video's,dvd's, and never will,, film abortionist's,,,Just saying
Old 31st March 2011, 11:20 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANIAC View Post
To be honest,,,I cant even believe there is a Vipco thread, ive never touched one of the video's,dvd's, and never will,, film abortionist's,,,Just saying
There was a time (If you are old enough) when Vipco were one of the best companies out there, period! Then there came the early '90s when they started to re-release some cool films (ok, some were cut) at a time when nobody else really catered for the UK market (If Im not mistaken this was before Redemption, A Taste of Fear ((remember them?)) and the like were on the go). So to say that there shouldn't be a Vipco thread is daft. They played a major part in the UK horror scene for many a year.
Old 31st March 2011, 11:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

indeed, revisionism is rife though....i cant speak as ive only the odd vipco release.
my Screamtime COTLD does have the CC commmentary!! (as does my loverly Arrow one)
people should remember that not aw of us live in cities and have had limited access to the internet sometimes. after i finally got hold of some of these films, after YEARS of only reading about them or paying extortionate prices for dupes etc, i can only say "any port in a storm" where possession of something is better than nothing, hence why i was so pissed off when my mate turned his nose up at 4FoGV in poundland. after recently acquiring a vhs of BLOOD FOR DRACULA and watching it was a real wake up call...P&S print, fuzzy, poor sound. can only imagine even a 4:3 dvd would still look better. but this was the case for YEARS, when the industry finally began to cater for film fans after many a call to arms ahem!! Finally to recap. people are spoiled now for choice of prints...and collecting is part and parcel of "being a horror fan" i find. i thought we werent allowed to slag off other people's tastes anyhow???
Old 31st March 2011, 11:46 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
indeed, revisionism is rife though....i cant speak as ive only the odd vipco release.
my Screamtime COTLD does have the CC commmentary!! (as does my loverly Arrow one)
people should remember that not aw of us live in cities and have had limited access to the internet sometimes. after i finally got hold of some of these films, after YEARS of only reading about them or paying extortionate prices for dupes etc, i can only say "any port in a storm" where possession of something is better than nothing, hence why i was so pissed off when my mate turned his nose up at 4FoGV in poundland. after recently acquiring a vhs of BLOOD FOR DRACULA and watching it was a real wake up call...P&S print, fuzzy, poor sound. can only imagine even a 4:3 dvd would still look better. but this was the case for YEARS, when the industry finally began to cater for film fans after many a call to arms ahem!! Finally to recap. people are spoiled now for choice of prints...and collecting is part and parcel of "being a horror fan" i find. i thought we werent allowed to slag off other people's tastes anyhow???
Well said. I wasn't slagging off Maniac's tastes, the point that I was trying to put across was that Vipco aren't just some fly by night shysters, but rather have been on the go (ok with some large periods of absence) since the late 1970s!

Like this? Share it using the links below!