Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd May 2008, 09:28 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Whats wrong with the film, its a classic.
The only shame I see is it was cut. Maybe thats what you meant.
Old 2nd May 2008, 09:59 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I think the cuts (which were all to animal cruelty) actually help the film.

Which doesn't say much really.
Old 2nd May 2008, 10:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It was the 1st proper cannibal film though wasn't it ,? or was Deodato first.?
Old 2nd May 2008, 10:36 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
I think the cuts (which were all to animal cruelty) actually help the film.

Which doesn't say much really.
Only 3mins of cuts but it helps the film immensely ,probably the only time I have applauded the BBFC .
Old 3rd May 2008, 06:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes, would agree there VFB, the BBFC defintely deserve a round of applause here. I wonder how many complaints they get about the cutting of animal cruelty in films these days? Not too many I would suspect. It would be interesting to know though. Presumably they would get more complaints if they left them in. It appears the UK is one of the few countries that does cut such scenes. Australia used to cut these films as well but they have now changed eg Holocaust & Ferox are both uncut now, although bizarrely The Gore, Gore Girls is banned.

If you're a serious fan of the cannibal genre then DRS might have some appeal, Vipco, but I'm not really a big fan myself but I do often check out films that have been cut by the BBFC simply for this reason.

Last edited by Angel; 3rd May 2008 at 06:18 AM.
Old 3rd May 2008, 11:13 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I have all the cannibal films uncut and cut versions and as im a massive fan of the genre then you can guess which versions I prefer.

Interestinly the bbfc dose'nt seem to see protraying jungle dwelling indio's as flesh eating cannibals as racist.

Also interesting how people attack Cannibal Holocaust for animal cruelty and ignore the fact that even in the cut version there is still some film of actual human death in the form of execution firing squad footage , and its bbfc approved.
Theres something wrong when footage of fellow human beings being killed dose'nt bother us but a jungle animal being killed for food causes a worldwide uproar.
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:12 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Most of the BBFC cuts to Faces Of Death and Africa Addio were to scenes of animal cruelty.
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I haven't seen HOLOCAUST but as far as I know the execution scene was just archive footage. The BBFC would never pass genuine snuff scenes although animals killings are regularly passed.

Can you imagine the BBFC passing scenes of human deaths providing it was swift and humane. Directors can now kill their actors for real.

Last edited by Angel; 3rd May 2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 3rd May 2008, 01:02 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Theres something wrong when footage of fellow human beings being killed dose'nt bother us but a jungle animal being killed for food causes a worldwide uproar.
The difference though is the animals scenes you see were deliberately filmed for the camera ( in particular some cases retakes were done for CH I believe ) whereas the human beings were as Angel said were archive .
Old 3rd May 2008, 01:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

According to Deodato, 1 extra monkey had to be killed for filming purposes .
He know regrets shooting the animal footage.

Like this? Share it using the links below!