Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2008, 02:21 PM
Ex-member

One review pointed out regarding the animal cruelty.....

" What you have heard is true. Deodato agreed to the killing of animals, all for the cameras edification. In no way, shape or form, is murdering helpless creatures suitable for ?entertainment? purposes, and it makes the film impossible to defend. What?s most sickening about these scenes, is the way the actors behave; appearing to enjoy these barbaric acts. It makes the whole affair much more unsettling. The fact that much of it occurs during the ?found footage? portion of the film, only helps to heighten one?s discomfort. A muskrat is gutted; a bound pig is shot at point-blank range, a monkey faces a horrid end, and in the most gut-churning segment, Yates and his colleagues capture a turtle, chop off it?s head, and proceed to tear-out its innards. There?s no clear reason for why Deodato felt these scenes were necessary, although he?s not the only Italian director to employ such methods Cannibal Ferox and Eaten Alive! also committed these crimes".

Deodato did indeed regret shooting the animal footage.
Old 3rd May 2008, 04:03 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

What can I say.?
Im guilty of watching a couple of films as the director intended me to.
I make no appolgies for it. Just because I watch the animal scenes dosent mean I enjoy them. I find them unpleasant .
I watched I Spit Uncut but it dosent mean I enjoy rape. I found the rape scenes in Spit harder to watch than anything in Ferox.

Yes I defend Deodato and Lenzi's use of the footage as I believe it is nessary to those films, and as an animal owner I didn't find the majorty of the scenes to be cruel. A swift death is not cruel only unpleasant .

At the end of the day people will always be split on this.

Last edited by vipco; 3rd May 2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 3rd May 2008, 05:05 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
What can I say.?
Im guilty of watching a couple of films as the director intended me to.
I make no appolgies for it. Just because I watch the animal scenes dosent mean I enjoy them. I find them unpleasant .
I watched I Spit Uncut but it dosent mean I enjoy rape. I found the rape scenes in Spit harder to watch than anything in Ferox.

Yes I defend Deodato and Lenzi's use of the footage as I believe it is nessary to those films, and as an animal owner I didn't find the majorty of the scenes to be cruel. A swift death is not cruel only unpleasant .

At the end of the day people will always be split on this.
Hey Vipco I am not condemning you for it,it is up to you watch you want to watch,I just differ on it that's all.
Old 3rd May 2008, 05:36 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Okay folks,both points taken on board....okay?
Old 3rd May 2008, 08:48 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Smile

I hope my post wasn't taken as being rude to Bunny's views as I would never be rude to anybody. I was just stating my view. Rather poorly it would seem. Sorry.

The written word is so emotionless sometimes it can be taken wrongly. Words sound different in my head than they looked on the post. SORRY.

I fully respect your views on the subject on the films and was only giving my views in return but I certainly never ment to come across as defensive or offending towards your opinions and preferences Bunny.
I would love to see proper version of Ferox and Alive, in the UK with all the fake gore scenes as intact as possible but minus the animal scenes as the current VIPCO releases are poor and it would be a shame for the films to fade into obscurity here in the UK.

I hope you except my apology if you thought I was having a pop at you as I wasn't .
Looks like a case of poor wording and a PS3 Vitual Keypad im afraid.

I hope you accept my appolgies for any misunderstandings .

My appolgies to the MOD's as well.

Last edited by vipco; 3rd May 2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 3rd May 2008, 09:44 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I hope my post wasn't taken as being rude to Bunny's views as I would never be rude to anybody. I was just stating my view. Rather poorly it would seem. Sorry.

The written word is so emotionless sometimes it can be taken wrongly. Words sound different in my head than they looked on the post. SORRY.

I fully respect your views on the subject on the films and was only giving my views in return but I certainly never ment to come across as defensive or offending towards your opinions and preferences Bunny.

I hope you except my apology if you thought I was having a pop at you as I wasn't .
Looks like a case of poor wording and a PS3 Vitual Keypad im afraid.

I hope you accept my appolgies for any misunderstandings .

My appolgies to the MOD's as well.
Hey Vipco as I said before no problem,I fully respect your view and so not offended,it seems even the mod was thinking we was at each other's throats when I know and you know we were not.

All is well.
Old 3rd May 2008, 11:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Glad everything's ok.
I never posted with any malice or I believe did you.

It's difficult to realise what the mood is between people with opposite views when they discuss those views on an open forum with just the written word, so I can see were the MOD was coming from., and appoligise to him for any misunderstandings I may have give.

But all's well.

Last edited by vipco; 3rd May 2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 4th May 2008, 10:30 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

No apologies needed guysJust didn't want it escalating into a ruckuss.....if i've misunderstood where it was going,then I apologise..........
Old 4th May 2008, 11:57 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

I'm offended.
Old 4th May 2008, 03:06 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I doubt there is much that would offend you Sic.

Like this? Share it using the links below!