Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Film Detective (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/14147-film-detective.html)

Rob4 14th April 2021 12:56 PM

The Film Detective

2 Attachment(s)
I've set up a thread for The Film Detective as it looks like they've entered into a deal with Wade Williams. The first release from the the deal was Giant of the Unknown and they've just released the artwork for a restored Flight to Mars.

I still have a lot of the Wade William releases through Image Entertainment on DVD so it will be nice to upgrade some of them. Hopefully, we might even get a Robot Monster on BR and in 3D :woot:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th April 2021 06:54 PM

Available at.....

https://strangevice.co.uk/store/products/browse

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th April 2021 07:00 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Yeah good label for rarities.
I have their OTHER SIDE OF MADNESS BD.

They also released.....

Susan Foreman 10th May 2021 05:34 AM

'A Life At Stake' (1955) - Coming to Blu-ray from The Film Detective

Release date: July 9

"Spoiled young Doris Hillman (Lansbury) invites struggling architect Edward Shaw (Andes) to come in as her husband's partner in a lucrative real estate deal. However, when Edward becomes romantically involved with Doris, he learns that something deadly is going on. There's a life at stake, and it could be his own.

This independent production from the golden age of film noir was described by the Los Angeles Times as "a study in fear." It also shows Angela Lansbury, already a double Oscar nominee, as you've never seen her. She's a charming femme fatale. But is she as bad as she seems?"

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Commentary by film noir scholar and critic, Jason Ney
  • Full Color Booklet with essay by film noir scholar and critic, Jason Ney
  • "HOLLYWOOD HITCH-HIKERS: INSIDE THE FILMAKERS" an original From Ballyhoo Motion Pictures

Boo Radley 10th May 2021 06:38 PM

I looked on this thread because I thought it was one of those, " I saw a film years ago but can only remember this bit, can anyone help?" threads!
I think I'm getting out of touch.....:lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th May 2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 651835)
I looked on this thread because I thought it was one of those, " I saw a film years ago but can only remember this bit, can anyone help?" threads!
I think I'm getting out of touch.....:lol:

Don't worry. So did i when i saw it this morning.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th May 2021 06:53 PM

Good idea for a thread-anyone for it?

Susan Foreman 12th June 2021 10:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'Frankenstein's Daughter' (1958) - Coming to Blu-ray from The Film Detective

Release date: October 19

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Full Commentary track
  • Full Color Booklet with with original essay
  • Original featurettes from Ballyhoo Motion Picture Production

Rob4 12th June 2021 10:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Amazing Mr. X (1948)

SPECIAL FEATURES:
Commentary by Professor and Film Scholar, Jason A. Ney
Full Color Booklet with essay, "The Amazing Mr. Bey," by Don Stradley
An original Ballyhoo Motion Picture Production

Susan Foreman 13th November 2021 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'Monster from Green Hell' (1957) - Restored from a New 4K transfer! Coming to Blu-ray from The Film Detective

Release date: March 8th

"From the era of giant bugs and atomic testing comes this low budget howler about mutant wasps

When scientists try to understand the effects of radiation on earth creatures, the result brings them to an area of Africa known as "Green Hell," where wasps have mutated into monsters!

Jim Davis, who would someday star in the TV series Dallas, plays Dr. Quent Brady, the scientist who starts the whole mess. The film also stars Vladimir Sokoloff (The Life of Emile Zola, Mission to Moscow) as the skeptical Dr. Lorentz, and Joel Fluellen (Raisin in the Sun), as Arobi, who warns Brady to beware of the African location. The locals don't call it "Green Hell" for nothing! Co-written by Louis Vittes, who gave us the classic, I Married a Monster From Outer Space."

Special features:
  • Commentary track
  • Original essay in full color booklet