Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree270Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th November 2013, 02:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think I've seen somewhere between 15-25 Video Nasties.
Old 11th November 2013, 02:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

At the end of the day I think we all agree that many movies from the list are pretty mediocre, some of them even being utter doodoo.

However, there are a few gems on the list which every Horror movie fan should have watched at least once in his or her life.

Silly fun
Blood Feast
Bloody Moon
Contamination
The Evil Dead
Hell Of The Living Dead

Masterpieces
The Burning
The House By The Cemetery
Tenebrae
A Bay Of Blood
Zombie Flesh Eaters
The Beyond
Inferno
The Living Dead At Manchester Morgue

Disturbing
House On The Edge Of The Park
I Spit On Your Grave
The Last House On The Left
Mountain Of The Cannibal God*
Cannibal Ferox*
Cannibal Holocaust*

* I'd only pick one of them - that's more than enough.

Note: this is my personal breakdown of the list. It's by no means objective. It is meant as a little help for newcomers. Feel free to disagree.
Gold6082, dis, Hawkmonger and 1 others like this.
Old 12th November 2013, 10:49 AM
Cult Addict

Is there any word on Butcher, Baker, Nightmare Maker? One of the better nasties that I would love to have on a two-disc set so I can finally retire my old Atlantis video.

A very underrated movie that deserves to be seen by a wider audience. Ouch!, that car crash still gets me every time.
Old 15th November 2013, 10:07 AM
Active Cultist

I was quite impressed never actually looked at what films where on the DPP list ive got 25 without even trying, now to make a move on the last 47, my challenge for next year or so i suppose.
Boo Radley and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 15th November 2013, 05:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 View Post
I was quite impressed never actually looked at what films where on the DPP list ive got 25 without even trying, now to make a move on the last 47, my challenge for next year or so i suppose.
It's a hell-a-va challenge, mate, but best of luck! A few are very easy to pick up cheap via EBay and the like, look out for people selling 6/7/8 Nasties in a job lot, you can save ££'s, but some still command seriously stupid prices and some are getting harder and harder to find. It starts to grate a bit when you're forking out 10 to 20 quid a pop, times 47!!
When I started collecting them I had about 40 dvd-r's to complete the collection, now there is only a few that haven't had a release somewhere.
(Delirium, Human Experiments, I Miss You, Hugs and Kisses, Nightmare Maker, Poor White Trash 2, Night School/Terror Eyes - is available as MGM burn on demand DVD-r - and Werewolf and the Yeti.) And 3 of those (HE, NM, PWT2) are meant to be coming out......in the near-ish future.
A couple are only available in an uncut form on Blu ray. The Dorm That Dripped Blood aka Pranks and House on Straw Hill aka Expose.
Be very careful though, it can become obsessive..
Old 15th November 2013, 07:13 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
It's a hell-a-va challenge, mate, but best of luck! A few are very easy to pick up cheap via EBay and the like, look out for people selling 6/7/8 Nasties in a job lot, you can save ££'s, but some still command seriously stupid prices and some are getting harder and harder to find. It starts to grate a bit when you're forking out 10 to 20 quid a pop, times 47!!
When I started collecting them I had about 40 dvd-r's to complete the collection, now there is only a few that haven't had a release somewhere.
(Delirium, Human Experiments, I Miss You, Hugs and Kisses, Nightmare Maker, Poor White Trash 2, Night School/Terror Eyes - is available as MGM burn on demand DVD-r - and Werewolf and the Yeti.) And 3 of those (HE, NM, PWT2) are meant to be coming out......in the near-ish future.
A couple are only available in an uncut form on Blu ray. The Dorm That Dripped Blood aka Pranks and House on Straw Hill aka Expose.
Oh I've seen how expensive already with some at £60 + but I'm in no rush whether I complete the challenge is another thing my amazon save list looks interesting to say the least
Boo Radley and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 16th November 2013, 05:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Why dies Poor White Trash 2 not ring any bells with me? Does it have an alternate title?
Old 16th November 2013, 05:58 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
Why dies Poor White Trash 2 not ring any bells with me? Does it have an alternate title?
It's more commonly known as 'Scum of the Earth'.
Old 16th November 2013, 06:29 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
It's more commonly known as 'Scum of the Earth'.
I've read Lots of boobs and watched documentaries about VN's but never heard of that one.
anythinggoes78 likes this.
Old 16th November 2013, 06:48 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
I've read Lots of boobs and watched documentaries about VN's but never heard of that one.
Interesting!

As for Scum of the Earth, it's directed by notable schlock-meister S.F. Brownrigg, who was responsible for giving us notably scuzzy gems such as 'Don't Look in the Basement' and 'Don't Open the Door'.

The 'Poor White Trash Part 2' title was used for US home video market in an attempt to capitalise on the drive-in success of Harold Daniels' 1957 hicksploitation film 'Bayou' which was later marketed as 'Poor White Trash' on the drive-in circuit in the US and is pretty infamous, mainly in regards to the sexual themes present involving a 15 year old girl (although this is not explored as much as the ad campaigns would of had you believe) plus also Timothy Carey's stand-out performance of Ulysses.

Like this? Share it using the links below!