Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree270Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th November 2013, 08:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Interesting!

As for Scum of the Earth, it's directed by notable schlock-meister S.F. Brownrigg, who was responsible for giving us notably scuzzy gems such as 'Don't Look in the Basement' and 'Don't Open the Door'.

The 'Poor White Trash Part 2' title was used for US home video market in an attempt to capitalise on the drive-in success of Harold Daniels' 1957 hicksploitation film 'Bayou' which was later marketed as 'Poor White Trash' on the drive-in circuit in the US and is pretty infamous, mainly in regards to the sexual themes present involving a 15 year old girl (although this is not explored as much as the ad campaigns would of had you believe) plus also Timothy Carey's stand-out performance of Ulysses.
You've heard of Palm reading!
You've heard of mind reading!
I just happen to be one of the very best at Boob Reading!
Boo Radley and anythinggoes78 like this.
Old 16th November 2013, 09:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Back in the day it was very difficult to find out which films were banned, there was no internet to look things up on and quote. You gleaned information from the media and word of mouth.
The first "definitive" list came out in a 'zine called "In The Flesh" by a guy named Steve C.
He took all known sources (4 at that time!) of banned films and put together a list of 81 video's. That instantly became THE Gospel of the Banned and was adopted by everyone who was interested in Nasties.
Apart from the 74 now infamous films there were 7 more that became highly collectable. Abducted aka (School) Girls in Chains, Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll, Don't Answer the Phone, Hell Night, Love Camp, Other Side of Madness aka The Helter Skelter Murders and Poor White Trash 2 aka Scum of the Earth. These were collected with the same excitement as Cannibal Holocaust or the Beast in Heat.
I've heard people say that the Nasty list is only the DPP 39 and that the other films were not prosecuted so not worthy of the list. That can only be said by someone who wasn't there at the time! If a film was not prosecuted but was on the list it wasn't like it re-appeared back in video shops a bit later, it was gone, never to be seen again until DVD made an appearance, so it didn't matter if it was prosecuted or not.
For me and a few others, the Nasty list will forever be 81 films, so it was written, so it shall always be! The 74 film list is for the people who weren't there and the list of 39 for tight asses who have just a passing interest.
The good news is the extra 7 are all available on DVD except PWT2 which is supposedly getting a Grindhouse BD release later next year. The most difficult to find now is Abducted aka Schoolgirls in Chains aka Girls in Chains, released by Code Red as a stand alone title and on a double bill with something else.(?) Saying that, Blue Eyes and Other Side of Madness aka Helter Skelter Murders are getting harder to find now.
Go on, if you're collecting the Video Nasty's then go for the whole lot, you know you want to...

Edit; Steve C, wherever you are, thank you.!
Old 16th November 2013, 10:02 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The dilemma I have is whether to buy DVD Nasties when a BD could be round the corner as there are still a number I don't own.
Boo Radley and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 16th November 2013, 10:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
The dilemma I have is whether to buy DVD Nasties when a BD could be round the corner as there are still a number I don't own.
Therein lies the problem. If we just talk about the 74 more well known ones for a minute. Of these they are all available except for Delirium, Hu Ex, I Miss you, Night Maker and Were wolf Yeti. Terror Eyes aka Night School is only available as a MGM DVD-r burn on demand disc. Therefore the list is pretty much achievable especially as Hu Ex and Night Maker are meant to be coming out soon. (Scorpion and Code Red)
I've said previously that 2 Nasties are available uncut only on Blu Ray, Expose and Pranks, but both are Blu/dvd combo's.
For all 74 films to be released on Blu we might be waiting a long time. I'm a sad bastard in that although I have all 81 DVD's I still religiously buy every Nasty that comes out on Blu Ray.
I don't think (But hope and pray otherwise!) that all of them will ever be out all on one format and that there will always be a mixture of the two.
If I was starting to collect now I, personally, would go for DVD as the more obscure titles are already getting hard to find and seemingly rocketing in price and you can have a more or less complete collection, albeit with a couple of DVD-r's!
Old 16th November 2013, 10:30 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Back in the day it was very difficult to find out which films were banned, there was no internet to look things up on and quote. You gleaned information from the media and word of mouth.
The first "definitive" list came out in a 'zine called "In The Flesh" by a guy named Steve C.
He took all known sources (4 at that time!) of banned films and put together a list of 81 video's. That instantly became THE Gospel of the Banned and was adopted by everyone who was interested in Nasties.
Apart from the 74 now infamous films there were 7 more that became highly collectable. Abducted aka (School) Girls in Chains, Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll, Don't Answer the Phone, Hell Night, Love Camp, Other Side of Madness aka The Helter Skelter Murders and Poor White Trash 2 aka Scum of the Earth. These were collected with the same excitement as Cannibal Holocaust or the Beast in Heat.
I've heard people say that the Nasty list is only the DPP 39 and that the other films were not prosecuted so not worthy of the list. That can only be said by someone who wasn't there at the time! If a film was not prosecuted but was on the list it wasn't like it re-appeared back in video shops a bit later, it was gone, never to be seen again until DVD made an appearance, so it didn't matter if it was prosecuted or not.
For me and a few others, the Nasty list will forever be 81 films, so it was written, so it shall always be! The 74 film list is for the people who weren't there and the list of 39 for tight asses who have just a passing interest.
The good news is the extra 7 are all available on DVD except PWT2 which is supposedly getting a Grindhouse BD release later next year. The most difficult to find now is Abducted aka Schoolgirls in Chains aka Girls in Chains, released by Code Red as a stand alone title and on a double bill with something else.(?) Saying that, Blue Eyes and Other Side of Madness aka Helter Skelter Murders are getting harder to find now.
Go on, if you're collecting the Video Nasty's then go for the whole lot, you know you want to...

Ah i see well i think ill stick to the 74 plan for now, as thats going to be hard enough, and after that if i still have my money and sanity ill start digging out these little gems, i was only 5-6 at the time more interested in He Man and Transformers.
Old 16th November 2013, 11:28 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Therein lies the problem. If we just talk about the 74 more well known ones for a minute. Of these they are all available except for Delirium, Hu Ex, I Miss you, Night Maker and Were wolf Yeti. Terror Eyes aka Night School is only available as a MGM DVD-r burn on demand disc. Therefore the list is pretty much achievable especially as Hu Ex and Night Maker are meant to be coming out soon. (Scorpion and Code Red)
I've said previously that 2 Nasties are available uncut only on Blu Ray, Expose and Pranks, but both are Blu/dvd combo's.
For all 74 films to be released on Blu we might be waiting a long time. I'm a sad bastard in that although I have all 81 DVD's I still religiously buy every Nasty that comes out on Blu Ray.
I don't think (But hope and pray otherwise!) that all of them will ever be out all on one format and that there will always be a mixture of the two.
If I was starting to collect now I, personally, would go for DVD as the more obscure titles are already getting hard to find and seemingly rocketing in price and you can have a more or less complete collection, albeit with a couple of DVD-r's!
There are certainly a fair few others which were uncut on other formats before hitting blu, so there is a decent amount total on blu. I wouldn't be surprised if a fair few end up coming out, as we're seeing a lot of titles get better treatment then ever on blu ray, or premiering on blu instead of DVDs. I mean Raro are working their way through some cannibal titles from the look of things, and the other cult labels seem very eager to put out unreleased on DVD films, especially Nasties.
ArgentoFan1987 and Zann like this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 27th November 2013, 04:27 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:

Can i confirm which Love Camp im looking for i take it its the 1977 Version

Frauen im Liebeslager (1977) - IMDb

and not this one

Die Todesgöttin des Liebescamps (1981) - IMDb
Old 27th November 2013, 05:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 View Post
Can i confirm which Love Camp im looking for i take it its the 1977 Version

Frauen im Liebeslager (1977) - IMDb

and not this one

Die Todesgöttin des Liebescamps (1981) - IMDb
Yep. You got it right.
Old 27th November 2013, 06:47 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Yep. You got it right.
Excellent didn't want the wrong one got 35 still to get
Old 28th November 2013, 09:53 AM
Active Cultist

So this is where i stand with my collection so far, im aiming at the 81 BTW

Got these in hopefully Uncut versions

The Bogey Man
Axe
Blood Bath
Cannibal Ferox
The Driller Killer
Evilspeak
The House by the Cemetery
The House on the Edge of the Park
Island of Death
The Last House on the Left
Madhouse
Tenebrae
Zombie Flesh Eaters
The Beyond
Cannibal Terror
Contamination
Dead & Buried
Death Trap
Don't Go in the House
Don't Go Near the Park
Don't Look in the Basement
The Evil Dead
Inferno
Killer Nun
Late Night Trains
The Slayer
The Witch Who Came From the Sea
The Funhouse
Cannibal Holocaust
Unhinged
Nightmares in a Damaged Brain
The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue
Zombie Creeping Flesh
Possession
Snuff
The Toolbox Murders
Mardi Gras Massacre
The Cannibal Man
Prisoner of the Cannibal God
Revenge of the Bogey Man
Shogun Assassin
Xtro
Don't Answer the Phone
Hell Night
Other Side of Madness
Poor White Trash 2
Love Camp
Blue Eyes Of the Broken Doll

Got but in Cut Version will upgrade to Uncut

I Spit On Your Grave
Night Of The Bloody Apes

Not got these yet but have them saved in Amazon for when funds available.

Deep River Savages
Frozen Scream
Pranks
Terror Eyes
Visiting Hours
Women Behind Bars
Absurd
Anthropophagous: The Beast
The Beast in Heat
Blood Rites
Exposé
Faces of Death
Fight for Your Life
Gestapo's Last Orgy
Love Camp 7
Night of the Demon
Toxic Zombies
Cannibal Apocalypse
SS Experiment Camp
Blood Feast
Bloody Moon
The Burning
The Devil Hunter
Don't Go in the Woods
Flesh for Frankenstein
Abducted

Cannot find these on DVD at the moment

The Werewolf and the Yeti
Human Experiments
I Miss You, Hugs and Kisses
Nightmare Maker
Delirium

Last edited by anythinggoes78; 28th November 2013 at 04:57 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!