Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree270Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2013, 07:01 PM
Cult Rookie

No, that was the old Tartan version. The Something Weird version, which I own, put back the deletions. But the Tartan version substituted frames during the whipping, so the running times are much the same. There wasn't much to cut, and the BBFC only felt they had to on account of the film's history at customs. It's basically just some ropes smeared with what looks like red paint getting used like a mop across the girl's back.
Old 3rd December 2013, 03:41 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
ah thank you thats cool managed to get one.
Boo Radley likes this.
Old 4th December 2013, 12:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbmeister X View Post
No, that was the old Tartan version. The Something Weird version, which I own, put back the deletions. But the Tartan version substituted frames during the whipping, so the running times are much the same. There wasn't much to cut, and the BBFC only felt they had to on account of the film's history at customs. It's basically just some ropes smeared with what looks like red paint getting used like a mop across the girl's back.
But the SW 1 is a US disc is it not? Hence BF still not available in UK u/c. Sorry to be pedantic etc.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th December 2013, 12:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The BBFC passed Blood Feast uncut in 2005. Odeon released it.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 4th December 2013, 12:30 PM
Cult Rookie

It was brought out over here (I own it), but I did an Amazon UK check and it's currently out of print. In fact, it was out of print when I bought it, come to that, and I was lucky to get a surplus copy quite cheap on Play UK. My bad for not remembering, but it was brought out uncut.

On a side note, I recently watched Love Camp 7 and the full version of The Toolbox Murders, and it is incredibly unlikely either of those would be cut if resubmitted; it's most likely the latter hasn't been rereleased since it's not well respected (though I think it's underrated), and the former because it's a total niche interest, since it's a pretty lousy film. Same thing goes for Mardi Gras Massacre and Visiting Hours, which are very tame stuff and absolute pants.
Old 4th December 2013, 12:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
The BBFC passed Blood Feast uncut in 2005. Odeon released it.
Wow. Sanity reigns after all. Another one to add to the list then.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th December 2013, 10:44 PM
Cult Rookie

It will cost you. I just checked Amazon UK and it is indeed no longer available. The Something Weird edition released in the UK, though, is the same one released in the States, unlike the extended cut of Texas Chainsaw 2, which over here was missing its extras, so I ordered the US edition of that. If you order the US edition of Blood Feast, it's the same as the one that was brought out here.

If it's any consolation, I missed both UK releases uncut of The Burning. Vipco's was horrendously overpriced and went out of print while I was waiting to see if they'd bring it out on their budget Screamtime range. The second release I never knew about till that also was going out of print, and wasn't available when I had money to order it. Both Flesh for Frankenstein and Blood for Dracula I waited for, because Tartan were about to release them in a mid-price double set, but they went bankrupt before they could. I've seen all of these, of course, before, and all three are worthwhile films.

Last edited by Robbmeister X; 6th December 2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 27th December 2013, 05:46 PM
Active Cultist

So this is where i am at and what i still need to purchase, the first six i can can find and have saved but at a total cost of £175, the last 5 i cannot find mainly because the last 4 i dont think have ever been released on DVD. But im getting there

71 Love Camp
72 Abducted
73 Absurd
74 I Spit on Your Grave
75 Night of the Demon
76 Toxic Zombies

77 The Werewolf and the Yeti
78 Delirium
79 I Miss You, Hugs and Kisses
80 Nightmare Maker
81 Human Experiments
Boo Radley and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 27th December 2013, 06:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

As far as I know, those last five haven't been released anywhere on DVD. I you want to fork out a King's Ransom, you might be able to find them on VHS.
Old 27th December 2013, 07:12 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
As far as I know, those last five haven't been released anywhere on DVD. I you want to fork out a King's Ransom, you might be able to find them on VHS.
Well there is a spanish language only Dvd of the werewolf and the yeti so I'm keeping eyes peeled for that one.

Like this? Share it using the links below!