Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st May 2012, 09:07 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

PLEASE state your location when contacting Code Red direct via e-mail,seems a lot of people forget this.
Old 1st May 2012, 11:34 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Ghostkeeper (DVD, 2012) NEW OOP CODE RED mega rare | eBay
Old 1st May 2012, 12:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Now that's taking the piss surely......for shame etc

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st May 2012, 03:34 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Actually the "grainy parts" he's mentioning in the review are specks and they only really pop up at the beginning or end of reels.
Old 1st May 2012, 04:36 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Vampire at Midnight

Fun late 80's vampire thriller which puts a policeman (Jason Williams = Flesh Gordon) hot on the trail of a "vampire killer".
"...it played like an episode of Hill Street Blues with a dash of The Night Stalker thrown in." (Mondo Digital)

There's some thrills and chills but also plenty of nudity and blood to keep things interesting.

A definite bonus is the overall weird feel this one has and Gustav Vintas as the baddie.

Fans of the 80's should definitely see this as there's a lot to enjoy.
Old 3rd May 2012, 06:37 PM
Cult Rookie

In regards to the "Ghost Keeper" release, I have now been waiting for the DVD to arrive since Monday 23rd April. I'm seeing most people have already Recieved their DVD. Worrying times me thinks
Old 3rd May 2012, 07:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Not really depending on where you live.
Only been 10 days.
Old 3rd May 2012, 07:41 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Re: Ghostkeeper

Jim Makichuk speaks! (thanks to Matthew David)

"So my movie is finally re-released, eh?

Yes, finally after all my talking about Ghostkeeper, the feature film has been re-released after nearly 32 years.

It happened somewhere in the night. My guy, Bill, was the one who discovered 2 fairly good 35mm prints of Ghostkeeper in a film storage place in NYC.

Ghostkeeper as most of you who read the blog know of, was my first feature film. In 1980 I wrote and directed it and the film was done under my company, Badland Pictures. In the last 5 years a somewhat dubious cult following began; some people liked it, some didn't and some didn't understand it.

So what goes on now?

Well, to try to sell as many copies as is possible. Since this isn't Avatar, the distribs went with a run of around 500 dvds, to be sold "direct" from their website called Code Red. They're known for horror pics and they added mine to the catalog.

DVD's now are somewhat at the edge of the cliff, streaming has gained tremendously and many industry people think dvds might last another 2 years or so. Same goes for Blue-Ray which is just a more expensive dvd. It'll hang around for a bit more, but technology will soon make it as useful as a VHS cassette.

In the meantime, Blu-Ray can play standard DVDs so no need to upgrade movies. Ironically Blu-Ray failed to take off as much as the studios wanted. I think consumers got tired of having to renew movies from VHS to DVD and now to Blu-Ray. Most people I know don't really care about that extra quality. Hell, I don't.

Ghostkeeper is coming out on DVD and that's it.

If they sell 500, that'll pay off their investment and I might get a few bucks from it. I don't really know what the costs were, nobody ever knows that but I assume around $3000. Those costs consisted of paying the storage fees, then making a copy on Digi-Beta which is an industry standard digital file.

It's used as a "Master", and it allows copying to DVD or any other format. This way the actual 35mm print doesn't have to be run through the scanners anymore than they have to. Film scratches easily.

We did a commentary on it, Riva Spier, the lead, Murray Ord, the male lead and me. I'd never done one before but it went okay. We sat in a music studio of Pico Blvd, in a big house that used to be a Korean brothel.

Yes, I began getting ideas for a movie; Revenge of the Hookers? Hoooker Zombies? The mind reels.

All three of us enjoyed seeing each other after just over 30 years and surprisingly remembered a lot about the filming.

But the real treat was Georgie Collins, now 86, who played the "crazy old lady", her interview is also on the Ghostkeeper dvd. She is sharp as a tack and has great stories.

I also edited and included a short interview with John Holbrook, the cameraman who was the DP who filmed it.

So what does any of this matter? In the big scheme, nothing. Just another movie that, 5 billion years from now, will be destroyed with everything else.

But in the meantime, I'll enjoy a little attention from the fans who liked it and those who didn't. And everybody likes a little attention now and then."

Old 6th May 2012, 07:55 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Complete Code Red 64-DVD Spine Numbered Collection | eBay

Btw this is not a "complete Code Red collection",but it's a very nice start.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 8th May 2012, 09:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Horror High video review:

http://horrorbreakdown.com/horror-hi...elease-review/

Last edited by bdc; 9th May 2012 at 07:17 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!