Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2013, 09:21 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Nice reviews for The Undertaker...and people seem to be surprised Bill is bitter...
Yes, the internet can be a breeding ground for this kind of thing, unfortunately.

I mean look at Arrow - they get their fair share of bad reviews, but are always quick to sort things out when they do screw up. However it has bred a few 'bad apple' reviewers here and there, who seem hell bent on seeing them fail and almost enjoying it when they do, just so they can post a scathing review.

This may be true for Code Red also, but Bill propagates this even further by fanning the flames and speaking very publicly by moaning and insulting his customers. A key rule to manage a successful business is to NEVER insult your customers... because all they're going to do is shun you and many will even plant bad reviews in 'revenge'. This is one of the key reasons why Code Red haven't been as successful as they could have been.

Every cult label goes through the same issues, but you don't see Scream Factory, Shameless, Arrow, Synapse, Severin et al insulting their customers. They just ignore it and carry on. Bill needs to realise that the majority of cult film fans are highly opinionated, volatile, whiny little shits, and stop all the provocation, otherwise he may need to find a new business!
Old 5th May 2013, 09:59 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I've added some more info to my previous post...

I personally don't think Bill insults his customers,he has often thanked his customers and told them their support was much appreciated.
Old 5th May 2013, 10:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Bill needs to realise that the majority of cult film fans are highly opinionated, volatile, whiny little shits, and stop all the provocation, otherwise he may need to find a new business!
Truest thing I've seen written on Cult Labs!!!
I'm not having a go but I am constantly amazed by some of the complaints about dvd and blu releases by "fans" whose sole intent is to bitch and complain about the smallest issues and proclaim the release crap!

I think people are spoilt now, back in the day I would get a nth generation grainy copy of some obscure release and would be delighted that I had it at all. Some guys seem to think that if you release a 30 year old film, blown up from 16mm, that somehow the "magic" of being bluray will make it look like Avatar, and when it doesn't meet their expectations, they trash it completely.

Code Red is a small company and they put out niche films not released anywhere else in the world. Films like Girls in Chains, Nightmare, Night of the Demon, Primal Rage, etc, etc. If you want a film they release - then get it when it comes out. It's not like it's a secret that CR dvd's sell out and are hard to obtain, we all know that, so if someone decides to wait for a while before buying,they know the risks. Bitching at Bill that he didn't print enough and now he must do a second re-print because they missed out is ridiculous.

Quite frankly I understand Bill getting pissed with people hassling him all the time. The films were available for sale, you and I had a choice to buy or not. If you choose not to buy then don't be "opinionated, volatile, whiney little shits!" Bill sells out of his films most of the time, I don't think he will care too much if a handful of British whingers stop buying them.

Hey, just my opinion!
Old 5th May 2013, 10:33 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Sorry, but being a small company is no excuse for the way he talks to customers. Not very professional at all. You don't go into a shop to complain, and expect to have the manager come out and tell you to **** off (not that I'm saying Bill has ever said that). But you get my point.
Old 5th May 2013, 10:47 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Sorry, but being a small company is no excuse for the way he talks to customers. Not very professional at all. You don't go into a shop to complain, and expect to have the manager come out and tell you to **** off (not that I'm saying Bill has ever said that). But you get my point.
Good point. I agree. But... depends on the complaint.
The fact that something is sold out and you're demanding him to re-print 500 copies because you want to buy one for $20.00 from him instead of $50.00 on Amazon (Nightmare.) or ebay is deserved of a "F*** OFF!!"
but your point is valid. Rudeness never helps.
Old 5th May 2013, 10:52 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Good point. I agree. But... depends on the complaint.
The fact that something is sold out and you're demanding him to re-print 500 copies because you want to buy one for $20.00 from him instead of $50.00 on Amazon (Nightmare.) or ebay is deserved of a "F*** OFF!!"
but your point is valid. Rudeness never helps.
Well yeah, I can see your point about the Amazon thing.
Old 5th May 2013, 10:55 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'm a bit confused here but what exactly does he say to his customers according to the people who take offence?
Old 5th May 2013, 04:25 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Cheaper Refurbished titles are now marked (disc only) in the store as case and/or cover may be replaced.
Old 5th May 2013, 04:45 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
This should be coming really soon from Code Red,it's the rare uncut version (as The Police Connection) fully remastered.

I should correct myself and say The Police Connection is the "hard" (not meaning XXX though! ) and unclothed version of The Mad Bomber (softer and clothed).

Also coming very soon:
The Girls Next Door aka Teen Lust
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manbaaaca.jpg (20.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg teen lust poster.jpg (102.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 5th May 2013, 05:54 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I'm a bit confused here but what exactly does he say to his customers according to the people who take offence?
Without his Twitter, which doesn't seem to be active anymore, I couldn't really say. I do recall reading it a few times and he was moaning at everyone about cover art etc, i THINK at one point he told his customers that they sucked.lol:

Like this? Share it using the links below!