Old 22nd September 2014, 07:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
It is.
And it's WELL worth seeing.
An Ozploitation classic.
I have a VHS-rip and also find it an enjoyable movie, can't understand how it never got released. Must've been a rights issue.

Last edited by Sobral; 22nd September 2014 at 09:08 PM.
Old 22nd September 2014, 08:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Likewise.
If HE can get the rights,surely someone else can as well....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th September 2014, 12:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Kind of wondering if Bill has come to his senses, or at least is actively working on a solution to a lot of the issues people have. He posted something quite sad on Twitter (I'm not a fan of how he runs his business, but to see him post something like he did, makes me wonder if he suffers from depression, and if that is influencing some of his barmy antics). Shortly after, Diabolik posts this:

Quote:
Would anyone be interested if we did a preorder sale for the 4 new Code Red DVD titles much like the Scorpion Releasing sale we have going on now?
I know it says DVD titles in that post, but that's just the link to Code Red's Facebook Page, it has DVD in his name on Facebook. I assume it means the four new BDs. But if Diabolik can work out something like this consistently it goes a long way to sorting out the majority of issues a lot of us have had.
Old 27th September 2014, 01:31 PM
Cultist

Bill's great at getting his hand on titles and decent prints too. But he's crap managing customers and sales and he really needs help from someone who can take over that side of things so he concentrate on his strengths.

Be better for everyone if diabolik can be more hands on with what they're great at.
Old 27th September 2014, 11:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

His Twitter feed is...interesting. And a bit strange. Then you have people saying to him - "don't worry about the overseas customers, just look after your fans in the States."
I'm sure most customers would prefer to pay a bit more for tracking? I'd insist on it.
Old 27th September 2014, 11:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
His Twitter feed is...interesting. And a bit strange. Then you have people saying to him - "don't worry about the overseas customers, just look after your fans in the States."
I'm sure most customers would prefer to pay a bit more for tracking? I'd insist on it.
They have a point really. After all CR are an American media company. Bill shouldn't be selling them at all, i suppose he should have worked on getting a worldwide distributor to sell his films rather than getting bogged down with his own web store.
Old 27th September 2014, 11:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Yep, good point.
But, if he's trying to move more stock, and there are keen customers overseas, it would appear to be worth it.
Old 28th September 2014, 07:44 AM
Cult Addict

Perhaps an enterprising UK distributor could share the costs and release stuff in European editions? hen again the BBFC would undoubtedly cut half the stuff put in front of them so we simple folk wont go on a rampage (or more likely try and justify their existence in the modern era)
Old 29th September 2014, 07:00 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
They have a point really. After all CR are an American media company. Bill shouldn't be selling them at all, i suppose he should have worked on getting a worldwide distributor to sell his films rather than getting bogged down with his own web store.
Then he shouldn't have started selling them overseas in the first place.
Collectors of his goods have a right to be pissed.
Boo Radley likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 30th September 2014, 11:44 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Another 'pre-book' bundle up on the Code Red store...

...this time for three Andy Milligan titles!

Not sure what all three titles will be, but one will be Bloodthirsty Butchers.

I recently reviewed this as part of my Nightmare USA project and it was a lot of fun.

Like this? Share it using the links below!