Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Code Red (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/1659-code-red.html)

Steel76 19th September 2016 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 505724)
I gather the Italian titles tend to be more costly to license (noticeably they often have higher prices than the rest of his releases), so there's a good chance he won't be picking up worldwide rights to many of them, if any.

Let's hope so.
He can keep his crappy, bottom of the barrel, grindhouse trash.
But he better keep his greedy fingers of the Italian classics.

sjconstable 19th September 2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 505720)
Bill has hinted that he doesn't have world-wide rights for Delirium: Photo of Gioia as he is apparently making that one more of a special edition to compete with an overseas version (88 perhaps?)

I thought 88 Films already announced that one?

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th September 2016 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Now Bill has announced Murder Rock. So he's releasing the same movie twice. As far as I know, there's no difference between this and The Demon Is Loose. Not alternate cut, just a different title.

Attachment 182996

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th September 2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 506383)
Now Bill has announced Murder Rock. So he's releasing the same movie twice. As far as I know, there's no difference between this and The Demon Is Loose. Not alternate cut, just a different title.

Attachment 182996

:pound:

mr 420 25th September 2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Attachment 182996

Mork calling Olsen! Mork calling Olsen! :rolleyes:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th September 2016 01:59 PM

Quote:

Attachment 182996

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but will this be a situation where Bill complains about neither title selling whilst they are impossible to buy anywhere?

To answer my own question: probably.

BAKA 25th September 2016 02:32 PM

I could swear I read that it's a different cut, that the US producers used to get around a rights squabble. But I genuinely can't remember where I read that. I'll hunt a few of my books out and see if I can find it. I think it's a poor show releasing them separately though. Most boutique labels would put both cuts on the same disc (many of Arrow's Bava releases for example).

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th September 2016 02:43 PM

Going off his Facebook page, Bill is releasing the same film with two separate covers in the aim of selling to the same people.

Altough from his first response as to why the same film is released twice he said this

Quote:

seperate release. disco workout killer movie and other is demonic possession
Quote:

need two release to sell 2,000 (1,000 each). it need 2000 moved like everyone else.
And on why not release it with a reversible cover

Quote:

I pressed 2,000 ASSAULT ON PARADISE, did BD-50 and reversible cover as requested by buyer. I had press 2,000 in order to do this Blu only sold 600.. If I did it this other way, I would've sold more.
A man with no scruples or regard for his customers.

Just think! If he sold internationally via Amazon then he's sell a lot more than a paltry 600 copies of his films.

nosferatu42 25th September 2016 04:32 PM

What a ****in' numbnuts.
This will probably see people buying the same film twice.
I can see a backlash coming.
Serve the twat right.

Susan Foreman 2nd October 2016 01:33 PM

Cover for 'Slave Of The Cannibal God'

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...03&oe=5861D3BC