Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2013, 10:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Argh, promised myself I wouldn't order anything else until the the 15th, when my card starts a new month, and he's gone and put Weekend Murders up. Which was just behind Rituals as one of my most wanted. Limited quantity too. Some in limited quantity have gone really quick, but others have stuck around for a few weeks. Sigh... decisions.

I'm still waiting for my last CR order too, come to think of it. Bloody post. I imagine there's no post until Tuesday now thanks to the bank holiday.
bdc likes this.
Old 4th May 2013, 10:55 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The Weekend Murders is a great film imho,should provide lots of enjoyment.

Added:

THE VAMPIRE'S NIGHT ORGY + DR. JEKYLL VS. THE WEREWOLF (refurbished)
SOLE SURVIVOR (Limited Quantity)
WEEKEND MURDERS (LIMITED QUANTITY)
THE BLACK KLANSMAN

And a new release:

Maria's B-Movie Mayhem : JOCKS / CLASSROOM TEASERS (aka The Student Body)

This teen comedy follows a tennis team as they find trouble at a Las Vegas tennis tournament. Starring Scott Strader, Perry Lang (TEEN LUST), Mariska Hargitay (TV's LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT), Katherine Kelly Lang (TV's BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL), Stoney Jackson (STREETS OF FIRE), Donald Gibb (REVENGE OF THE NERDS), Trinidad Silva (COLORS), and veteren actors Richard Roundtree (KILL POINT), Christopher Lee (NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT), and R.G. Armstrong (LONE WOLF McQUADE). Directed by Steve Carver (AN EYE FOR AN EYE, LONE WOLF McQUADE, CAPONE).

Rated R / 1.78.1 (16x9) /

SPECIAL FEATURES
+ Original theatrical trailer
+ Audio commentary with director Steve Carver moderated by Maria Kanellis
+ Code Red trailers

In this low-budget exploitation outing, a trio of curvy young women, fresh out of reform school, go to college to participate in an experiment. These lovely young ladies end up having loads of erotic fun and drama that will have your toes curling. Starring Warren Stevens (FORBIDDEN PLANET), Peter Hooten (INGLORIOUS BASTARDS), Jillian Kesner (TRICK OR TREAT), Janice Heiden, and June Fairchild (UP IN SMOKE's Ajax Lady!). Directed by Gus Trikonis (THE EVIL, MOONSHINE COUNTY EXPRESS, NASHVILLE GIRL).

Rated R/ 1.78.1 (16x9) / 83min

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093315/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075278/

g053584398 likes this.

Last edited by bdc; 4th May 2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 4th May 2013, 03:28 PM
Cultist

I was well chuffed to go on the code Red shop today & see Sole survivor for sale, couldn't order it quick enough!

That's another one off my Code Red wishlist, decided to buy Terminal Island too.
bdc likes this.
Old 4th May 2013, 04:41 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Just read this on the Weekend Murders product review on CR's site.

Bill just comes across as a dick.

Title I wish it sold, but one pressing is all I ever did. seems to be worth money in ebays. and fans of cult films show very little support as it barely sold. I guess kids saved money to buy popular best selling titles like "Papaya: Love Goddess Of The Cannibals" and "Graphic Sexual Horror". It kind of sad when others sells thousands and code red sells hundred. Last chance to get this.

His attitude doesn't inspire me to buy from him to be honest.

I have Weekend Murders already but if i didn't he's basically having a go at me for not buying it.
dream demon and artisturn like this.
Old 4th May 2013, 05:25 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Bill was and is disillusioned because the work,time and money that went into this release and it not selling well (like so many CR releases).

Many people do seem to prefer blind buying the "new big thing" from certain companies and wait and wait before purchasing something like this.
Then they whine when it's oop and ask for a reprint?

So no he wouldn't have a go at you for not having it,only for complaining about not having had enough time to pick it up.
Old 4th May 2013, 07:31 PM
Cultist in Training

I was glad to see bill get a reprint quickly on Dr. Jeckyl vs the Werewolf.
bdc likes this.
Old 4th May 2013, 10:01 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The Weekend Murders is one of the few CR titles I own and its a good, if odd, little film. There are many films in their catalogue I'd love to get but the cost prohibits me from doing so unfortunately.
bdc likes this.
Old 5th May 2013, 07:02 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Maybe if Bill marketed and promoted his products better, they'd sell.

You'd at least think he'd set up a marketplace shop on Amazon or a store on eBay in order to hit a wider customer base.

Plus, the ever present 'chip on his shoulder' doesn't help, either.
Old 5th May 2013, 08:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Just read this on the Weekend Murders product review on CR's site.

Bill just comes across as a dick.

Title I wish it sold, but one pressing is all I ever did. seems to be worth money in ebays. and fans of cult films show very little support as it barely sold. I guess kids saved money to buy popular best selling titles like "Papaya: Love Goddess Of The Cannibals" and "Graphic Sexual Horror". It kind of sad when others sells thousands and code red sells hundred. Last chance to get this.

His attitude doesn't inspire me to buy from him to be honest.

I have Weekend Murders already but if i didn't he's basically having a go at me for not buying it.
I understand what you mean with this, I was taking a look at The Undertaker, and most of the description was him moaning about how Troma's The Last Horror Filmf DVD release was bought by many, and how when he released The Undertaker, nobody bought it.

But Troma's release was cheap and easy to find, where as this isn't. Also, reading reviews of this DVD, people say its a disaster, one going so far as to say he hopes they go bankrupt.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 5th May 2013, 09:04 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Also, reading reviews of this DVD, people say its a disaster, one going so far as to say he hopes they go bankrupt.
Nice reviews for The Undertaker...and people seem to be surprised Bill is bitter...

CR had 3 covers designed and let fans choose the one they preferred:
http://codereddvdblog.blogspot.be/20...r-october.html

Also The Undertaker was once available everywhere (I bought mine from CD Universe).

I also found the old receipt in my mailbox:

"DVD 1 1 Undertaker $13.89 Shipped 1 on Jan 10, 2011"

And that of The Last Horror Show (not the best presentation either btw):

"DVD 1 1 Last Horror Film $10.15 Shipped 1 on Jul 28, 2009"

Prices are without shipping.

The Last Horror Film is a better film but The Undertaker is a rarer one,unfinished film as well (but later more footage was added to try and release it)...I guess only Spinell fans would appreciate this one though.

Actually there exist 2 edits of the film,CR released the later edit that tried to make a complete film of the footage shot:

http://retroslashers.net/dvd-review-...merchant-1988/

Last edited by bdc; 5th May 2013 at 11:21 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!