Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2013, 07:35 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
He seems to be plagued by pain for some time,I know he was is in accident last year but don't know if it's related.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Hopefully Bill has a speedy recovery.
Old 14th May 2013, 02:32 PM
Cultist

Received my last Code Red order today. I ordered Sole Survivor, Choke Canyon, Heated Vengeance & Terminal Island.
Unfortunately due to the super crappy cheapo DVD cases that are used, two of them were damaged.
Terminal island's cover has even been torn a bit due to this, which pissed me off.
Code Red seem to use really nasty brittle cases for a lot of their releases it seems. I guess this is to keep production costs down.
Terminal wasn't even damaged in the post, it seems to have been order picked that way as it was safely sandwiched between the others in a way that the damage doesn't make any sense.
Bit annoyed more care wasn't taken in picking my order out but in light of recent events i'm not gonna even bother trying to ask for a replacement.
Luckily Heated Vengeance's damage hasn't affected the the cover.

Anyone know a good vender for quality black amaray cases? I could do with maybe half a dozen.
Old 14th May 2013, 03:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1313 View Post
Received my last Code Red order today. I ordered Sole Survivor, Choke Canyon, Heated Vengeance & Terminal Island.
Unfortunately due to the super crappy cheapo DVD cases that are used, two of them were damaged.
Terminal island's cover has even been torn a bit due to this, which pissed me off.
Code Red seem to use really nasty brittle cases for a lot of their releases it seems. I guess this is to keep production costs down.
Terminal wasn't even damaged in the post, it seems to have been order picked that way as it was safely sandwiched between the others in a way that the damage doesn't make any sense.
Bit annoyed more care wasn't taken in picking my order out but in light of recent events i'm not gonna even bother trying to ask for a replacement.
Luckily Heated Vengeance's damage hasn't affected the the cover.

Anyone know a good vender for quality black amaray cases? I could do with maybe half a dozen.
It can be frustrating, I agree. I get mine from Ebay.
Old 14th May 2013, 06:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

These things can happen,I've had lots of cracked cases in the past (no Code Red though),some even completely smashed with covers completely torn.

A couple of packages looked like a lorry drove over them or someone stamped his foot on them...just my luck that those contained 2 dvd's instead of one I guess.

The cases don't matter much,had Blue Underground's and Mondo Macabro's completely destroyed,even bd cases.

Same goes for (scratched) floaters,had many over the years.

I usually stock a healthy supply of replacement cases and try to pick one that's the same (or almost) as the one originally used.

Agree that it can be frustrating but over the years I've learned to live with it.
Old 14th May 2013, 06:27 PM
Cult Rookie

Code red store is back up an running and bill is taking no from anybody emailing about orders not delivered within a certain timeline.
Jinx_Barkman likes this.
Old 14th May 2013, 06:34 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Yeah Bill is still not feeling well so asks everyone to follow a few basic rules so he can recuperate a bit.
I'm actually amazed he re-opened the store instead of resting some more.

PLEASE READ REGARDING NEW ORDERS PLACED AS OF THIS WEEK

"Ok, I am out of the hospital, and I can slowly try to mail, but not fast as I used to be. So here is the rules right now

Orders will take maybe extra 4 to 5 days to be packed.

Oversea orders will take at least a week to be packed and sent due to customs.

Large orders of 5 or more will take just as long due to the size and weight restrictions, plus gotta find a box for the order.

Bare with me, my body is breaking apart, not as young as I used to be.

If you order, and email me before these time frame listed above asking me if the package has been sent out yet or packed, your order will be CANCELLED and refund issued. I don't have time to deal with inpatient customers right now.

Please understand."
Old 14th May 2013, 07:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Excellent! bdc, any idea as to when John Travolto will be going up? I want to place an order but would rather just wait to make one if it isn't going to be that long.
Old 14th May 2013, 07:49 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

No idea (especially with Bill not feeling well) when that will be up but the pressing plant is/was working on that one.

This is the latest info from Bill on what's being pressed:

"Now the pressing plant is going to press...

james Hong's TEEN LUST: GIRL NEXT DOOR
POLICE CONNECTION (aka THE MAD BOMBER) (aka DETECTIVE GEROMINO)
Maria's B-Movie Mayhem WEEKEND PASS + GAMES GUYS PLAY
CLASS OF 74 + GABRIELLA, GABRIELLA
DANDY
Maria's B-Movie Mayhem JOCKS + CLASSROOM TEASERS (STUDENT BODY) (1975)
VIRGINITY (Vittorio Gassman/Ornella Muti)
FACE WITH TWO LEFT FEET"

I have to correct myself,I had one cracked Code Red/Shriek Show/Media Blasters release (Scream) way back,which came from Axel Music,the cover was also slightly torn.
The case obviously got cracked in the mail.

Just added the new releases to filmaf:

Jinx_Barkman likes this.
Old 14th May 2013, 08:22 PM
Cultist

I've been collecting dvd's long enough to know the score. This damage wasn't down to pot luck with the mail, it was down to using really cheap cases that are very light weight & brittle.
I'm not bashing Code Red, i'm just saying i now have two brand new dvd's, one with a ripped cover & both with badly damaged cases due to the cheap shitty cases used.

Last edited by 1313; 14th May 2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 14th May 2013, 09:02 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The cases can be replaced I guess,shame about the torn cover though.
Is it a big tear?

CR switched to new cases some time ago but people didn't like them...http://www.technimark.com/home/index...d=70&Itemid=81

They were more sturdy and held the disc nice and tight (good to prevent floaters but harder to get the disc out).

I guess that's why they switched to other cases?
Or maybe the pressing plant has something to do with it?

Like this? Share it using the links below!