Old 1st November 2011, 04:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Correction,7 copies here cheap too:-
TWO FACES OF DR JEKYLL DVD BRAND NEW & SEALED | eBay
Old 16th November 2011, 11:31 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

DRACULA POD, PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES and THE REPTILE all coming to Blu-Ray from Studio Canal in Feb!
Mojo and dream demon like this.
Old 16th November 2011, 11:43 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
DRACULA POD, PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES and THE REPTILE all coming to Blu-Ray from Studio Canal in Feb!
Best news ever!
Old 16th November 2011, 12:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It will be very interesting to see what can be done with The Reptile - I havn't seen the Anchor Bay disc but the Optimum DVD features a real lo-fi image - it's watchable but it's much too dark and there's a slight green tinge throughout. John Gilling shot the film on a shoestring so it will be interesting to see how much it can be tweaked for the Blu. I think the film is one of Hammer's minor masterpieces, but a masterpiece nonetheless...
Old 16th November 2011, 01:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Well, this news has prompted me to re-visit my Dutch Green Cow release of The Reptile, and this version at least looks pretty decent to my eyes (I haven't seen the Optimum version yet). Hopefully they can pull something new out of the bag for this upcoming Blu. The fact they have chosen to release this in the first place may suggest that they have a decent source material lined up, or else why bother when there are so many other titles in their catalogue they could have chosen?
Old 16th November 2011, 02:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'd love to see an option where you could see the films as they played the circuit in the 60's as part of double-bills, sort of like a Grindhouse deal - the two features plus a bunch of Hammer trailers in between - Rasputin the Mad Monk on a double-bill with The Reptile, and Dracula Prince of Darkness with Plague of the Zombies...
Demoncrat and platostotal like this.
Old 26th November 2011, 03:07 PM
Cultist in Training

Just picked up the excellent OOP DD Video dvd releases of 'Quatermass Experiment', ' Abominable Snowman' 'X the Unknown' & '4 Sided Triangle' complete with booklets £4 each!

Just had to tell someone!
Old 28th November 2011, 08:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

In February Final Cut are going release a limited edition steelbook of Terence Fisher's CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF.

Quote:
Beautiful 2 disc dvd Steelbook limited to 2000 (numbered) sets.
Extras disc includes:
-The Making of Curse of the Werewolf with interviews with Catherine Feller, Yvonne Romain, Mike Hill, Don Mingaye, Margaret Robinson, Jimmy Sangster.
-Lycanthropy:The Beast in All of Us
-Stills Gallery with never before seen images.

Set of 8 Exclusive Postcards
The Curse of the Werewolf --DVD--Exclusive 2 Disc Limited Steelbook.: Amazon.co.uk: Clifford Evans, Oliver Reed, Yvonne Romain, Catherine Feller, Terence Fisher: Film & TV

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 28th November 2011, 08:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
In February Final Cut are going release a limited edition steelbook of Terence Fisher's CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF.
BEST NEWS EVER!
Old 28th November 2011, 08:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Not to rain on the parade but last night I was watching Brides Of Dracula on the US Universal Hammer set and nearly watched Curse Of The Werewolf instead. I was actually thinking to myself that it was such a shame that Curse had gone to a company that were doing DVD only and wondering how long the rights would be stuck. I also wondered if Final Cut would move into Blu-Ray, especially after Optimum releasing some. So what do we get instead? A second DVD...

Ohhhh, to add to it, I thought I'd check the Amazon listing. Nearly £22???
Daemonia likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!