Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1457Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th November 2011, 09:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMcG View Post
Just picked up the excellent OOP DD Video dvd releases of 'Quatermass Experiment', ' Abominable Snowman' 'X the Unknown' & '4 Sided Triangle' complete with booklets £4 each!

Just had to tell someone!
Ooh, that is a bargain. New or used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
In February Final Cut are going release a limited edition steelbook of Terence Fisher's CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF.

The Curse of the Werewolf --DVD--Exclusive 2 Disc Limited Steelbook.: Amazon.co.uk: Clifford Evans, Oliver Reed, Yvonne Romain, Catherine Feller, Terence Fisher: Film & TV
Blu would be nice, but seeing as it's a double disc, one would hope that they have some yummy special features planned. Plus, the idea of a series of Hammer 2-disc steelbook editions is just too good to resist, and you never know, that pre-order price may very well drop over the next 3 months.
Old 28th November 2011, 10:02 PM
Cultist in Training

Used from CEX but in immaculate condition.
Old 5th December 2011, 07:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just in case anyone hasn't had a chance to look through the Christmas TV guide yet, The Gorgon (1964) is on BBC2 on Sunday 18th December at 12:35AM
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 5th December 2011, 07:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon View Post
Just in case anyone hasn't had a chance to look through the Christmas TV guide yet, The Gorgon (1964) is on BBC2 on Sunday 18th December at 12:35AM
Cool, that's set to record then.
Old 6th December 2011, 11:06 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

New Hammer Film.

Here's the press release.

CROSS CREEK PICTURES AND EXCLUSIVE’S HAMMER FILMS TO CO-PRODUCE ADAPTATION OF CHERIE PRIEST NOVEL “BONESHAKER

Los Angeles, CA – November 29, 2011 – Brian Oliver, President of Cross Creek Pictures, Simon Oakes, Vice-Chairman of Exclusive Media Group and President & CEO of Hammer Films and Guy East and Nigel Sinclair, Co-Chairmen of Exclusive Media Group (“Exclusive”) announced today that Hammer has acquired the rights to the novel “Boneshaker” by Cherie Priest for adaptation to the big screen. Project will be co-produced by Hammer and Cross Creek Pictures and co-financed by Exclusive and Cross Creek Pictures.

John Hilary Shepherd, a 2010 WGA Award nominee for his work on the first season of the Showtime series, “Nurse Jackie,” is writing the screenplay. Tobin Armbrust, Head of Production is overseeing the project’s development for Hammer Films.

An example of “steampunk” science-fiction, which incorporates futuristic innovations into a Victorian setting, Priest’s novel is set in an alternate version of 1880s Seattle, where the city has been walled in and a toxic gas has turned many of its remaining residents into “Rotters,” more commonly known as zombies. A young widow hunts for her teen son in the Seattle underworld, while dealing with airship pirates, a criminal overlord and heavily armed refugees. “Boneshaker” was nominated for a 2010 Hugo Award for Best Novel, and won the 2010 Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel.

The novel, published in 2009 by Tor Books, is the first in a series set in the same Civil War-period, alternate-world Priest has dubbed “The Clockwork Century.” The series’ second novel “Dreadnought” was published in 2010 and the third novel titled “Ganymede” was recently released online and in bookstores on September 27th.

Tor Books is releasing the fourth novel in the series in 2012 titled “Inexplicables,” and last week announced a deal with Cherie Priest for her to write a fifth novel in “The Clockwork Century” series. The fifth book will be called “Fiddlehead.”

“First and foremost this is a great story. Bringing a steampunk style novel to life on the big screen is going to be very cool, very unique,” said Tobin Armbrust.

“Boneshaker is a classic zombie movie with a modern twist which is quintessentially Hammer so it’s a perfect fit for us,” said Simon Oakes. “Cherie Priest’s steampunk series are fantastic with a distinct, unique style and we’re really looking forward to bringing her ‘Rotters’ to the big screen.”

“It’s like Jules Verne meets ‘Resident Evil,’ and we’re thrilled to have such a fun, commercial potential franchise in Boneshaker,” says Oliver. He continues: “John’s an exciting screenwriter and we see this being a real crowd pleaser.”

This is the latest in a number of projects Cross Creek Pictures and Exclusive have teamed on, including George Clooney’s “The Ides of March,” which opened nationwide on October 7th through Sony Pictures, the upcoming “The Woman in Black” starring Daniel Radcliffe, which CBS Films has set to release February 3rd, 2012 and Ron Howard’s Formula 1 film “Rush” starring Daniel Brühl and Chris Hemsworth with production partners Imagine, Revolution Films and Working Title.
Old 6th December 2011, 01:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Sounds interesting. I may have to check these books out.
Old 6th December 2011, 03:55 PM
Cultist in Training

Default Hammer

Did anyone watch the wonderful A History of Horror with Mark Gatiss on TV? Does anyone know the name of the big book he said he owned as a child? He said the book influenced his interest in horror and he still owned the book which briefly featured on the show. It was a big book with plenty of pictures mainly focusing on the Hammer period. I'm pretty sure the book is OOP now but I'm just curious to look for it.

And on a side note..Can anyone recommend any good books that illustrate the classic Hammer films? And I'm sorry it's not relating to Hammer but I would also like to find a good book that illustrates the 80's horror period (I know Gatiss didn't like what the 80's did to the classic horror genre but I personally feel it was the best decade for horror) so any pointers would be appreciated.
Old 6th December 2011, 04:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Movie Treasury of Horror Movies by Alan G. Frank,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Blair View Post
Did anyone watch the wonderful A History of Horror with Mark Gatiss on TV? Does anyone know the name of the big book he said he owned as a child? He said the book influenced his interest in horror and he still owned the book which briefly featured on the show. It was a big book with plenty of pictures mainly focusing on the Hammer period. I'm pretty sure the book is OOP now but I'm just curious to look for it.

And on a side note..Can anyone recommend any good books that illustrate the classic Hammer films? And I'm sorry it's not relating to Hammer but I would also like to find a good book that illustrates the 80's horror period (I know Gatiss didn't like what the 80's did to the classic horror genre but I personally feel it was the best decade for horror) so any pointers would be appreciated.
According to an interview i read he owned this book The Movie Treasury of Horror Movies by Alan G. Frank,
Old 6th December 2011, 05:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Hammer Story: The Authorised History of Hammer Films

Quote:

I can highly recomend The Hammer Story: The Authorised History of Hammer Films,and Splatter Movies: Breaking the Last Taboo of the Screen is a good book on the 80s movies
Old 6th December 2011, 05:37 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I've just pre-ordered this limited edition of The Hammer Vault from Titan Books:

"THE HAMMER VAULT

SLIPCASED EDITION WITH EXCLUSIVE EXTRA MATERIAL

LIMITED TO 1,000 NUMBERED COPIES

The Book:

Enter the Archive of Hammer Films…

This remarkable journey through the Hammer vault includes props, annotated script pages, unused poster artwork, production designs, rare promotional material and private correspondence. Hundreds of rare and previously unseen stills help to create a rich souvenir of Hammer’s legacy, from the X certificate classics of the 1950s to the studio’s latest productions.

Written and compiled by the official Hammer Films historian Marcus Hearn, and featuring exclusive contributions from the actors and filmmakers associated with the company, this is the most lavish book ever published on the legendary House of Horror.

This oversized hardcover book is in landscape format, 9 3/4 inches high and over 12 inches long, and is printed on heavy art paper stock.

Printed on 140gsm glossy art stock.
Hardcover, printed case with foiling.

The Limited edition:

The special slipcased edition of The Hammer Vault is strictly limited to 1,000 numbered copies. The book is presented in a foil-stamped slipcase, featuring the Hammer logo on one side, and on the reverse a photo of one of the company’s most iconic props — the clasp worn by “the most evil man of all time” in Taste the Blood of Dracula. Also included in the slipcase is an envelope containing a collection of ten pieces of rare and previously unseen memorabilia, reproduced from the originals in the Hammer archive:

A ticket for the première of The Curse of Frankenstein

A 4pp brochure, originally given to attendees at The Curse of Frankenstein’s première A 4pp brochure, originally given to attendees at the première of Dracula

A US lobby card for Quatermass 2 (under its American title, Enemy From Space)

A US lobby card for X the Unknown

Hammer’s 1971 Christmas card, featuring photos of (among others) Julie Ege and Ingrid Pitt

A British front of house still for Countess Dracula

A British front of house still for Twins of Evil

A promotional brochure for Stones of Evil, a horror film about the creation of Stonehenge which was never made

Peter Cushing’s own costume design, painted by him in watercolours and with his own handwritten annotations, for his character in the unmade film The Savage Jackboot

These extra items, reproduced on heavy art paper stock or art cards, are all exclusive to the Limited edition, and do not feature as illustrations inside the book.
"
VicDakin, bdc, EMcG and 5 others like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!