Like Tree1457Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th December 2011, 06:41 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

OH GOD NO!!!

YOU JAMMY SOAB BIZARRE_EYE

MY BLOODS BOILING WITH SEETHING JEALOUSY.

THAT IS SO F**KIN' GORGEOUS.!!!
Old 6th December 2011, 08:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Now i've had a cold shower, the book arrived with me yesterday (its a Christmas pressie for me) but i managed to sneak a look at a couple of pages and it seems wonderful, i don't think i had seen any of the pictures before on the two pages i opened.
bdc and bizarre_eye@Cult Labs like this.
Old 6th December 2011, 08:48 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
(its a Christmas pressie for me)
They're the best kind of presents.
Old 6th December 2011, 09:48 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'm hoping the price will keep it in stock for a while as I'd love a copy but can't anywhere near afford it. The regular edition is only about £18 at Amazon though.

Hopefully the fact that you can still order The Hammer Story ltd ed and that was only 600 copies is a good sign but then that's £75!
Old 6th December 2011, 10:00 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Hopefully the fact that you can still order The Hammer Story ltd ed and that was only 600 copies is a good sign but then that's £75!
Yeah, I noticed that too.

I managed to get a copy of that one around this time last year for about £50 (even though I already had the regular edition!)

There isn't much that I'd pay a lot for when a standard edition is available a lot cheaper, but I love these Hammer books so can personally justify the expense for a limited edition. Hammer has brought me so much enjoyment in the last 20 odd years, so much so that I feel like it's an integral part of my life!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 6th December 2011, 10:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I am impressed with Marcus Hearn's books in that all four of them so far, whilst all on the same subject, are all completely different in terms of content .

I remember his work when he started out at Doctor Who magazine, always good articles.

I can't really justify buying the ltd edition, at least not until after Christmas, as i don't want to hurt my mum and dad's feelings, as they are the ones actually giving me the book for Christmas, when the regular edition is an excellent present anyway.
Old 7th December 2011, 01:27 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
I can highly recomend The Hammer Story: The Authorised History of Hammer Films,and Splatter Movies: Breaking the Last Taboo of the Screen is a good book on the 80s movies
Thanks for the heads up mate - I will look out for the books you've mentioned. Think I will get the new Hammer Vault and Hammer Story books as they're both well under 35 quid delivered from Amazon!
Old 7th December 2011, 02:05 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
According to an interview i read he owned this book The Movie Treasury of Horror Movies by Alan G. Frank,
As an aside, I actually own a book by Alan G. Frank,which I've had since I was about 10/11 years old and it's quite good, if a little thin.

Sci-Fi Now : 10 Exciting Years of Science Fiction from 2001 to Star Wars and Beyond ... / By Alan Frank: Amazon.co.uk: Alan G. Frank: Books
Old 7th December 2011, 06:12 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I've just pre-ordered this limited edition of The Hammer Vault from Titan Books:

Thanks for posting this, didn't know about this one! I already have The Hammer Story & The Art Art Of Hammer, so I'll surely be getting this one too.

By the way, I couldn't find that special edition on Titan's site, only the regular one, is it sold out?
Old 7th December 2011, 08:00 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobral View Post
Thanks for posting this, didn't know about this one! I already have The Hammer Story & The Art Art Of Hammer, so I'll surely be getting this one too.

By the way, I couldn't find that special edition on Titan's site, only the regular one, is it sold out?
It's under the Titan Exclusives sub-site - here's a link: http://titanexclusives.myshopify.com...imited-edition
Sobral likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!