Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1457Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th February 2012, 09:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Moon Zero Two: is it good?

Is there any DVD release available besides the Warner DVD-R?
Old 18th February 2012, 09:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobral View Post

There was an R1 Best Buy exclusive from Warner with When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth. Out of print and quite expensive to get hold of though. It was withdrawn quickly because WDRTE was the unclothed version but had a PG rating on the cover.
Sobral likes this.
Old 18th February 2012, 09:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobral View Post

I enjoyed it quite a lot. http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/213063-post295.html

I have the Best Buy double pack release which is now pretty scarce
Sobral likes this.
Old 18th February 2012, 11:35 PM
Cult Addict

Hands of the Ripper is on at 12.40 on the horror channel. If you haven't seen it, tune in. It's an absolute cracker. 
Old 22nd February 2012, 02:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Does anyone else think it's shame that we're getting almost third rate Hammer films on blu? I know the Studio Canal packages are supposed to be excellent, but I really can't get excited about Dracula: Prince of Darkness, The Reptile or Plague of the Zombies (both of which were poor films designed to turn a quick profit) when there's stuff like Curse of Frankenstein, The Devil Rides Out, The Mummy and Dracula that they could be releasing!

Quatermass and the Pit is kind of the exception, but I'd rather see the earlier Quatermass films!
Old 22nd February 2012, 02:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Does anyone else think it's shame that we're getting almost third rate Hammer films on blu? I know the Studio Canal packages are supposed to be excellent, but I really can't get excited about Dracula: Prince of Darkness, The Reptile or Plague of the Zombies (both of which were poor films designed to turn a quick profit) when there's stuff like Curse of Frankenstein, The Devil Rides Out, The Mummy and Dracula that they could be releasing!

Quatermass and the Pit is kind of the exception, but I'd rather see the earlier Quatermass films!
There's just no way DPOD and Plague are third rate. They're actually pretty much top of my list. The ones you mentioned are all coming as well but honestly, I'll take those first two over The Mummy and even Curse of Frankenstein any day.
Old 22nd February 2012, 02:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

To be honest, I hated POTZ when I saw it, and I really can't see the point of releasing D:POD before the others. I know they're not direct sequels, but you wouldn't release Friday the 13th IV or Temple of Doom before the original film, it just seems illogical to me.
Old 22nd February 2012, 02:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
To be honest, I hated POTZ when I saw it, and I really can't see the point of releasing D:POD before the others. I know they're not direct sequels, but you wouldn't release Friday the 13th IV or Temple of Doom before the original film, it just seems illogical to me.
It's different studios and I'd rather have DPOD sooner rather than later. It's not like a don't know the Dracula story, plus there's a recap at the beginning and I never watch them in any order anyway. As good as Dracula is, I now get more enjoyment from some of the 'sequels' down to the fact that through all the film variations of the story I've probably seen it in the hundreds of times.
Old 22nd February 2012, 03:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

I've no problem at all with DPOD coming out before the original, any more that QATP before the first two Quatermass movies. There is a lot of restoration work being done on Dracula ( particularly the Japanese footage ) so I guess they're waiting to get it just right.

As for Plague Of The Zombies being third rate Personally it's one of my favourite Hammers!
oaxaca likes this.
Old 22nd February 2012, 03:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I personally can't wait for all three of these to be released, I never bothered with Quatermass because I'm not a fan, but D:POD and POTZ are excellent films (I don't think I've seen The Reptile before, or don't remember anyway) and will definitely benefit from a makeover. But, like I said on The Gate thread, if we all had the same tastes it would be pretty boring on here, e.g I think the only decent film starring Charles Bronson is the Great Escape, Chuck Norris is one of the worst actors ever and Dolph Lundgren IS the worst actor ever and Red Scorpion is a big steaming pile of horseshit.

To save you the job I'll set the angry mob on myself and run like buggery
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!