Like Tree1457Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th April 2018, 10:47 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
But the thistle is a flower ... "Away Dracula! Before I hit you with ...... this posie "

Even Cushing couldn't sell that ... and he fought a big moth (and I believed it)
It's not a flower i'd wish to role naked in though. Wee bit on the prickly side. Not exactly daisies and buttercups.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 30th April 2018, 11:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Now there's an image I won't get rid of for a while.

Must finish thoughts on Fear In The Night. While the plot is a bit hackneyed, for sure, the finale does elevate it beyond others in it's subgenre imo. This BD will surely improve on my vhs' muffled audio.
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st May 2018, 08:28 AM
Cult Acolyte

This scene is great..

067-peter-cushing-theredlist.jpg
Old 1st May 2018, 09:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Any film that stars the legend, Peter Cushing, is well worth watching.
Old 1st May 2018, 05:22 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Which is why it beggars belief why this classic hasn't been given the HD five star treatment.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st May 2018, 06:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeed

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th May 2018, 04:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default hammerite

Well I went with my gut (which is very substantional ) feeling and got Horror of Frankenstein today...

91fMwhFNtdL._SL1500_.jpg

Old 6th May 2018, 11:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Kudos! Ralph's groovy shades .... maaan etc cough.
Enjoy .... PQ cough ...
keirarts likes this.

[B]
Old 8th May 2018, 06:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default horror

The Horror of Frankenstein (1970)

Well again another Hammer film I have not watched in a while,probably not since the days of VHS even.I really enjoyed this Frankenstein re-boot,and while there are some rather ridiculous jokes,the severed arm giving the v sign being one,its still a fun if juvenile entry in the Frankenstein series... Ralph Bates as Victor Frankenstein,gives the role a fresh shot in the arm,funny to think he was being groomed (oh call Childline) as the next Peter Cushing,one wonders what would of happened if Hammer had survived the 70's and kept banging the films out with a younger cast.Eye candy is supplied by the luverly Kate O'Mara,whose buxom ways is only over shadowed by her dodgy accent which she seems unable to keep up..im not sure but was there many wenches from the west country in Bavaria (or where ever the f word it is set).Veronica Carlson is also superb although she doesn't do that much apart from looking a bit forlorn,but hey better than being the village trollop like O'Mara.Can't forget Dave Prowse as the monster,I think he looks very effective with minimal makeup and wielding an axe at any passing villager who gets in his way.Last but not least Dennis Price as the grave digger,(although his wife does all the digging) always adds a bit of class to any film even a Jess Franco film...The PQ as with all these recent releases are fantastic and the extra documentary Gallows Humour: Inside The Horror of Frankenstein is another great if short doc directed by Marcus Hearn and involving the usual talking heads including Veronica Carlson who still look great....Its not perfect and its certainly not Jimmy Sangster's finest hour and a half but its still miles better than most modern films...( hey im old now i can say shit like that)..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hof.jpg (95.9 KB, 4 views)

Old 8th May 2018, 07:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Another i'll clearly have to get. I wasn't intending getting this one.

Like this? Share it using the links below!