Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1457Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th August 2018, 07:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm going to watch Both Of Horrors and Mystery and Suspense during September as a build up to my October Halloween Marathon.
Ive only just started watching the Hammer Horror box set,and its alot raunchier than I remember...a few top less scenes and Prunella Gee in her pants...any how the quality is top notch.One of the best looking tv shows on Blu that I have seen in fact,well from that era any how..,Seems a shame that they only made 13 (unlucky for some) episodes,I wonder what the viewing figures were for this series at the time...(should of been good seeing as there was only 3 or maybe 4 channels at the time of there being broadcast)...

Old 29th August 2018, 09:18 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Ive only just started watching the Hammer Horror box set,and its alot raunchier than I remember...a few top less scenes and Prunella Gee in her pants...any how the quality is top notch.One of the best looking tv shows on Blu that I have seen in fact,well from that era any how..,Seems a shame that they only made 13 (unlucky for some) episodes,I wonder what the viewing figures were for this series at the time...(should of been good seeing as there was only 3 or maybe 4 channels at the time of there being broadcast)...
It's only the first episode Witching Time which has any nudity. Must have been to try and keep folk watching.

Children of the Full Moon is a memorable episode, Hope you enjoy that one.

The Two Faces of Evil is a reworking of the 70's lost film The Deadly Strangers.

I remember watching something which i thought was an episode way back when i was a kid. That depicted an Occult practice with nudity (You take special notice of these things in your teens) but i'm damned if i know exactly what it was from. It seemed to be in a cave where it took place.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 29th August 2018, 09:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
It's only the first episode Witching Time which has any nudity. Must have been to try and keep folk watching.

I thought RUDE AWAKENING with Denholm Elliott had brief topless nudity from Lucy Gutteridge in a phone box.Will check my dvds though I have the Blu-ray set (plus Two Faces Of Evil script copy) too.

EDIT:

Yes at the start & around the 16:18 mark
g053584398 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 29th August 2018, 09:41 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
I thought RUDE AWAKENING with Denholm Elliott had brief topless nudity from Lucy Gutteridge in a phone box.Will check my dvds though I have the Blu-ray set (plus Two Faces Of Evil script copy) too.
I think you're right now you come to mention it. It never really stood out unlike Witching Time.
Old 29th August 2018, 09:45 AM
Seasoned Cultist

My favourite in that set is were the chap gets a job in a pet shop owned by Peter cushing and after trying to rob him ends up in a elaborate trap.
g053584398 and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 29th August 2018, 09:48 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
My favourite in that set is were the chap gets a job in a pet shop owned by Peter cushing and after trying to rob him ends up in a elaberate trap.
A lot of people like / remember that one. Personally it's not a favourite of mine, neither is The House that Bled to Death which is another one people recall vividly.
Old 29th August 2018, 09:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
I think you're right now you come to mention it. It never really stood out unlike Witching Time.
No it's very brief as mentioned. I was pleased to get the TWO FACES OF EVIL script by ordering it direct from Network as it's one of my favourite episodes along with GUARDIAN OF THE ABYSS. Even my wife recalls this episode from her childhood along with CHILDREN OF THE FULL MOON.
Old 29th August 2018, 10:00 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
No it's very brief as mentioned. I was pleased to get the TWO FACES OF EVIL script by ordering it direct from Network as it's one of my favourite episodes along with GUARDIAN OF THE ABYSS. Even my wife recalls this episode from her childhood along with CHILDREN OF THE FULL MOON.
Guardian of the Abyss is another cracking occult episode. Gave us a few Hammer stars like Barbara Ewing and John Carson too.

Carpathian Eagle with it's Pierce Brosnan appearance is another memorable one.

Black Carrion from Mystery and Suspense is another fave.
g053584398 likes this.
Old 29th August 2018, 10:07 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
A lot of people like / remember that one. Personally it's not a favourite of mine, neither is The House that Bled to Death which is another one people recall vividly.
i thought it was excellent. Peter cushing was fantastic, and it was a great psychological horror.
The only two i wasent over keen on were the one with Denholm elliot as the estate agent having bad dreams and the satanic one about the hospital worker seeing the number 9 everywhere.
Old 29th August 2018, 10:10 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
The only two i wasent over keen on were the one with Denholm elliot as the estate agent having bad dreams
That's the one Mark mentioned earlier. I really have forgotten that one. I bet i've only seen it a couple of times over the years as if i'm choosing one to watch i usually go with one that sounds more interesting.

Like this? Share it using the links below!