Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1457Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2019, 05:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Mac View Post
Dracula A.D. 1972 and The Satanic Rites of Dracula will be released as part of HMV's Premium Collection next month.

Hoping Satanic Rites gets a DVD release in the near future as I don't collect Blu-ray, but I'm glad that it's finally being made available in the UK.
im pretty sure HMV had an exclusive dvd of Satanic...

Old 27th September 2019, 11:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
im pretty sure HMV had an exclusive dvd of Satanic...
Actually it was Dracula AD 1972.not even sure it was even an exclusive to HMV....my bad..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Demoncrat likes this.

Old 30th September 2019, 11:17 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Looks like Studio Canal will be putting out some more Hammer classics

https://deadline.com/2019/09/studioc...yXvj2o2_YOe7Ac
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th September 2019, 11:26 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post

Pleased by this news.

I know Shout! release Hammer films with more extras but the twenty minute docs Studio Canal add to their discs are just perfect in my opinion. They interview people in the know, experts in the Hammer field, who all come across as warm, intelligent and very knowledgable.

In fact one or two of these releases i've bought purely for the twenty minute doc.
Old 30th September 2019, 01:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:

I can't keep up with the convoluted rights of Hammer titles. I thought studiocanal owned their Hammer titles outright in perpetuity for the UK? I still can't get my head around why Scream got titles that we didn't?

Is this deal going to include those released by Icon? Also the article appears to be factually incorrect - it can't be 200 titles as it won't include the rights for those held by the big Hollywood studios, unless they are talking about all the old non-horror titles?

anyway I'll not be happy until The Mystery of Mary Celeste is fully restored on Blu and none of that mis-titled Phantom Ship rubbish either
Old 30th September 2019, 01:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
I can't keep up with the convoluted rights of Hammer titles. I thought studiocanal owned their Hammer titles outright in perpetuity for the UK? I still can't get my head around why Scream got titles that we didn't?

Is this deal going to include those released by Icon? Also the article appears to be factually incorrect - it can't be 200 titles as it won't include the rights for those held by the big Hollywood studios, unless they are talking about all the old non-horror titles?

anyway I'll not be happy until The Mystery of Mary Celeste is fully restored on Blu and none of that mis-titled Phantom Ship rubbish either
Some things really don't ring true.

Firstly do Hammer have 200 titles?

What about the box sets released recently by Indicator? Does that company no longer hold the rights to the films they released?
Old 30th September 2019, 01:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Some things really don't ring true.

Firstly do Hammer have 200 titles?

What about the box sets released recently by Indicator? Does that company no longer hold the rights to the films they released?
Just counted.

172 feature films.

I suppose they could bung several shorts onto discs such as the 22 minute Danger List starring Honor Blackman.
Old 30th September 2019, 02:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

You’ve gotta bear in mind guys that Deadline is a Hollywood news site, so the accuracy of the article can be disputed for that fact alone
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th September 2019, 02:40 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
You’ve gotta bear in mind guys that Deadline is a Hollywood news site, so the accuracy of the article can be disputed for that fact alone
It's being reported by all the main American showbiz news sites so it must have happened.

Anyway, here's hoping for dual format releases of Vampire Circus, X-The Unknown, The Abominable Snowman, Hell is a City, Shadow of the Cat, Frankenstein Created Woman, The Viking Queen, Slave Girls, The Lost Continent, Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed, Taste the Blood of Dracula, Dracula Has Risen From Grave, Moon Zero Two, When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth, Creatures the World Forgot, Twins of Evil, Shatter, The Lady Vanishes and any others that have yet to see light of day on UK blu.
Rik and Dave Boy like this.
Old 30th September 2019, 02:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yeah, I meant the part about 200 plus titles, I’ve no doubt a deal has been struck but the number is questionable for the reasons you’ve both mentioned
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!