Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1457Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2022, 01:19 PM
Cult Addict

HMV have some sort of promotion on Vampire films. There were a few Hammer films in there earlier. Both Studio Canal and Warner titles.

Taste the Blood of Dracula is £5.99 on blu.
Dracula Prince of Darkness and Scars of Dracula both £9.99 for the SC blus.
Few others too.
Old 29th March 2022, 04:51 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Yes Reaps, they do license out to labels in US but not so much in the UK. The BFI have squeezed the od title out of them and are releasing Get Carter this year and Arrow have managed to get one title out of them - Cruising.

All other WB titles in the UK are self-releases or through HMV Premium Collection

Hope this is going change at some point but I've not heard anything...
Be great if the BFI could pick up Michael Apted's classic THE SQUEEZE......
g053584398 and Demoncrat like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th August 2022, 05:16 PM
Cult Master

Apparently Allan Bryce from 'The Dark Side' is going to be recording a commentary for an upcoming Hammer film

No idea if it is a solo or ensemble commentary, what the film is (other than it's something from the 60's), who is releasing it or when it is coming!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 18th August 2022, 09:14 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Going to be talking about his career in Waitrose?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 9th September 2022, 05:20 PM
Cult Master

'Vampire Circus' (1972) - 50th Anniversary Limited Edition blu-ray pre-order available from Amazon UK - £19:99

Release date: November 21

"Out of the entire Hammer canon "Vampire Circus" has got to be one of the strangest things they ever did and it’s coming to Blu-Ray for the first time in the UK to celebrate its 50th Anniversary!

It is an offbeat, highly surreal number with oodles of blood and gore thrown in. A Transylvanian village is sealed off from the outside world due to an outbreak of the plague. Anyone who tries to get in or out is shot dead by the police. Nevertheless a travelling circus somehow breaks through the lines, and boy, are all its bloodless-looking performers a wee bit strange!

There is a gypsy male who seems to be able to turn himself into a panther, and a pair of very creepy acrobatic twins, who seem impervious to pain and can transform themselves into birds. All of it is presided over by Adrienne Corri, who makes a suitably vampy Ring-Mistress.

Added to all this the village itself is living under a curse imposed on them by an aristocrat they killed several years before for being a vampire, all of which is related in the violent and blood-splattered opening sequence to the film. A Creepy Hammer horror with bite!"

Special features:
  • 12 PAGE BOOKLET INCLUDING A NEW ESSAY by The Evolution Of Horror's Mick Muncer
  • REVERSIBLE SLEEVE ARTWORK
  • 'THE BLOODIEST SHOW ON EARTH' documentary featuring interviews from renowned director Joe Dante and actor Dave Prowse
  • VISITING THE HOUSE OF HAMMER - an insight into Britain's legendary horror magazine
  • GALLERY OF GROTESQUES - A brief history of Circus Horrors
  • VAMPIRE CIRUCS interactive comic book
  • STILLS GALLERY

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vampire Circus.jpg (88.3 KB, 38 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th September 2022, 05:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'Vampire Circus' (1972) - 50th Anniversary Limited Edition blu-ray pre-order available from Amazon UK - £19:99

Release date: November 21

"Out of the entire Hammer canon "Vampire Circus" has got to be one of the strangest things they ever did and it’s coming to Blu-Ray for the first time in the UK to celebrate its 50th Anniversary!

It is an offbeat, highly surreal number with oodles of blood and gore thrown in. A Transylvanian village is sealed off from the outside world due to an outbreak of the plague. Anyone who tries to get in or out is shot dead by the police. Nevertheless a travelling circus somehow breaks through the lines, and boy, are all its bloodless-looking performers a wee bit strange!

There is a gypsy male who seems to be able to turn himself into a panther, and a pair of very creepy acrobatic twins, who seem impervious to pain and can transform themselves into birds. All of it is presided over by Adrienne Corri, who makes a suitably vampy Ring-Mistress.

Added to all this the village itself is living under a curse imposed on them by an aristocrat they killed several years before for being a vampire, all of which is related in the violent and blood-splattered opening sequence to the film. A Creepy Hammer horror with bite!"

Special features:
  • 12 PAGE BOOKLET INCLUDING A NEW ESSAY by The Evolution Of Horror's Mick Muncer
  • REVERSIBLE SLEEVE ARTWORK
  • 'THE BLOODIEST SHOW ON EARTH' documentary featuring interviews from renowned director Joe Dante and actor Dave Prowse
  • VISITING THE HOUSE OF HAMMER - an insight into Britain's legendary horror magazine
  • GALLERY OF GROTESQUES - A brief history of Circus Horrors
  • VAMPIRE CIRUCS interactive comic book
  • STILLS GALLERY

Lovely!
Old 9th September 2022, 05:36 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Signal One are releasing The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires on blu-ray. No other details yet.

IMG_5202.jpg
IMG_5201.jpg
Old 9th September 2022, 05:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I hoped Network would release Vampire Circus and give it the same treatment as they did to Dark Eyes of London last year. However this still looks a nice package and is very pleasing news.

Time to retire the dvd methinks.
g053584398 likes this.
Old 9th September 2022, 06:05 PM
Cult Veteran

I’d wait until the reviews are in, the Synapse blu is really dark apparently and it looks like a direct port of that disc somit light actually look quite disappointing.

Pretty much everyone is disappointed that Network isn’t releasing this one.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th September 2022, 07:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I’d wait until the reviews are in, the Synapse blu is really dark apparently and it looks like a direct port of that disc somit light actually look quite disappointing.

Pretty much everyone is disappointed that Network isn’t releasing this one.
Pity. Yes, i;ll wait for the reviews from DVD Beaver.

Like this? Share it using the links below!