And here it is... Camera Obscura / Koch Media release of Inferno

Inferno (blu-ray / 2x DVD)

Sound:
- English, Italian, German
Subtitles:
- English, German

Extras (all English friendly):
- Audio commentary by critics Christian Kessler and Marcus Stiglegger
- "Of Darkness and Fire" making of with Romano Albani, Fabio Traversari, Pierantonio Mecacci, Luigi Cozzi and Lamberto Bava (97 minutes)
- "The Hell Of The Three Mothers", featurette with Dario Argento, Claudio Argento, Eleonora Giorgi and Leopoldo Mastelloni (23 minutes)
- "Critics On Fire" featurette with Antonio Bruschini and Antonio Tentori (20 minutes)
- Q & A with Keith Emerson and Irene Miracle, moderated by Tim Lucas (31 minutes)
- Location Tour (4 minutes)
- Introduction by Dario Argento and Romano Albani
- Photo Gallery / Rare promotional art
- German Trailer
- English Trailer
- Spanish Trailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Comparison:

Camera Obscura / Koch Media

Arrow

Arrow

Arrow
Don't you have bigger pictures?!

Sorry, but I'd say that posting this on at least three different threads (!) is pretty close to spamming. This release may be of interest for quite a few people, but posting such huge pictures all over the forum is highly annoying.

Greetings!
Rik and mlink73 like this.
Old 5th February 2012, 04:09 PM
Cult Rookie

LOL....I was just going to reply the same as I noticed that nearly all threads even remotely dealing with Inferno are spammed with exactly the same post....shameless advertising maybe?....
Old 5th February 2012, 06:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlink73 View Post
The CO screens look very much like the BU region free disc. Arrow did some DNR but to be honest I quite like the Arrow one as well. Since the CO doesn't add anything new image wise I think I skip this release. The 7.1 sound on the BU was a defo selling point for me, since there is only 2.0 on the german disc there is nothing besides the extras that would be of interest for me. And the longest feature of 93 mins doesn't contain interviews with the "main" players, Argento & Co are only featured in the shorter feauterettes of 27 mins. I recall CO stating that they got eveyone involved in that movie in front of the camera.....ok so where is Daria Nicolodi then? I was expecting a bit more after all the fuzz they created about that release.

Here is the comparison between Arrow and BU, the latter looks a lot like the Koch release.

Inferno Blu-ray - Irene Miracle
Except for the fact that the CO is not zoomed like the Arrow and BU...

I´ve got both Arrow and BU... and this one I´ve got on pre-order.
What can I say, I´m a sucker for Inferno.
Old 5th February 2012, 06:59 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've removed those ridiculously huge pictures.

Replace them with normal sized images.Failing that,the thread will go.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 5th February 2012, 07:00 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Except for the fact that the CO is not zoomed like the Arrow and BU...

I´ve got both Arrow and BU... and this one I´ve got on pre-order.
What can I say, I´m a sucker for Inferno.

Me too but there is hardly anything of interest on the CO disc, BU has the great image and sound, Arrow brilliant extras, so what else is there?

I'd like to see a screen by screen comparison between BU and CO to judge how bad the cropping is, the BU actually shows the same information as my old Laserdisc from the early 80s

http://bilder.filmundo.de/filmundo_b...4904e48a81a70e

Funny thing is that the sound here was already dolby surround, so CO can't manage to get a 5.1 track on their release?

I happily pass this time. 2 very good releases are enough for me.
Old 5th February 2012, 07:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The BU only has hard-of-hearing subs for the Italian track though doesn't it? I'm hoping this Koch version will have better quality Italian audio than the Arrow (the sound quality doesn't match the picture quality at all).
Old 5th February 2012, 09:08 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Maybe you could add the caps as attachments Springjack,this way they could still be enlarged but would appear as small pics in the thread.
Old 5th February 2012, 09:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlink73 View Post
I'd like to see a screen by screen comparison between BU and CO to judge how bad the cropping is, the BU actually shows the same information as my old Laserdisc from the early 80s
The cropping on the US is the same as Arrow.
CO has the same print information than the Italian DVD.
Old 6th February 2012, 08:14 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
The cropping on the US is the same as Arrow.
CO has the same print information than the Italian DVD.

As I have always seen Inferno in that same ratio (german LD was the same as the Arrow/BU disc) I don't bother getting another disc for 0.5 inch more information, it's not that a 2.35:1 ratio has been zoomed to 1.85:1, we are talking half of an inch on both side, and excuse me when I say that seeing a fingernail at the right corner in full or half doesn't really change the movie significantly. Sometimes the frame can be too wide and you see things you are not intended too.....so I don't know which ratio is the correct one, but having seen Inferno (or "Feuertanz der Zombies" as it was titled then) in cinemas back in 1981, I never found any difference on the Arrow. BU disc or my old LD, so if there are a few zooms there are so little that majority won't even notice them, unless someone points them out as a huge selling point for a new disc as there is nothing else to highlight.....

I am german but to be honest I couldn't be bothered with the german release, first of all the dubbing was not bad but suffered from some cringe worthy translations here and there, 2 very good BR's are enough for me at this stage and 3rd the audio is a huge letdown. 2.0? Come on you could have done better than that. Unless someone comes up with a super-collectors-mega-unseen-director's cut-hologrpahical-special-edition I think I am all set.....
keirarts likes this.
Old 31st May 2016, 10:37 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

20th August Blu Ray.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 882823fc7b2f20439a1593276ac046ee.jpg (32.9 KB, 4 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!