Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26039Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th January 2018, 03:11 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
I like Takashi Miike's 13 Assassins samurai film. If I like that, would I also like Blade of the Immortal?
Very likely.

Somewhat baffled by blade of the immortal announcement as I'd ordered that off HMV a month or so back....
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 27th January 2018, 07:56 PM
Active Cultist

Somewhat baffled by blade of the immortal announcement as I'd ordered that off HMV a month or so back....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ordered the steelbook off Amazon as soon as I came out the cinema on Dec 28th.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 27th January 2018, 08:24 PM
Cult Addict

The seijun Suzuki stuff if worth a punt. I've not ordered either one yet because I'm strapped for cash.
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.
Old 2nd February 2018, 04:24 PM
Cult Master

"UK TITLE: Pieces (Blu-ray)

An essential slice of Spanish splatter and more gruesome than ever on Blu-ray.

Release date: 7 May

IT S EXACTLY WHAT YOU THINK IT IS!

From Juan Piquer Simón, director of the equally unhinged Slugs, Pieces is the original sickening slasher classic, now restored in glorious 4K! A Boston college campus is being terrorised by a black-clad maniac who collects body parts from his unfortunate co-ed victims. As the corpses (and red herrings) begin to pile up, can Professor Brown (genre veteran Jack Taylor) unmask the murderer before his morbid puzzle is complete?

Boasting some of the most outrageous gore set-pieces ever to splash their way across the screen (including a particularly memorable slow-motion evisceration atop a waterbed), Pieces is an essential slice of Spanish splatter and more gruesome than ever on Blu-ray.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation from a brand new 4K transfer from the original camera negative
• Two versions of the feature: Pieces, the US theatrical version with library score by CAM, and Mil Gritos Tiene La Noche, the original uncensored director's cut, presented in Spanish with original score by Librado Pastor [Blu-ray exclusive]
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• The Vine Theater Experience - join the audience of the Vine Theater, Hollywood for a 2002 screening of Pieces!
• Alternate Re-score by composer Umberto
• Brand new audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues
• It’s Exactly What You Think It Is! and analysis and appreciation of Pieces featuring filmmakers Nicholas McCarthy (The Pact), Adrián Garc?*a Bogliano (Late Phases), Mike Mendez (Big Ass Spider) and writers Joe Bob Briggs and Nathaniel Thompson
• A Thousand Screams - a brand new interview with art director Gonzalo Gonzalo
• Falling to Pieces - Spanish filmmaker Sergio Blasco discusses his friendship with director Juan Piquer Simón and the script of their un-produced sequel to Pieces
• Pieces of Juan a career-spanning interview with director Juan Piquer Simón
• The Reddest Herring - archive interview with actor Paul Smith
• Archive interview with producer Steve Minasian
• Image Galleries
• Trailers
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Marc Schoenbach"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd February 2018, 04:27 PM
Cult Master

"UK/US TITLE: Two Thousand Maniacs! (Blu-ray)

A dose of hicksploitation truly worthy of an almighty “Yeehah!”

Release date: 14/15 May

After shocking and outraging the world with his genre-defining 1963 gore-fest Blood Feast, exploitation pioneer H.G. Lewis would seek (and positively succeed!) to outdo himself with the deliciously depraved Two Thousand Maniacs!

When a group of Yankee tourists take a detour and wind up in the small Southern town of Pleasant Valley – which has magically rematerialized 100 years after its destruction during the Civil War – they find themselves welcomed by the eager townsfolk as guests of honour at their centennial celebrations. Little do the Northerners know that the festivities are set to include torture, death and dismemberment…

Also including H.G. Lewis’ fist fightin’, hooch-swillin’ epic Moonshine Mountain as a bonus feature, this is one double-dose of hicksploitation truly worthy of an almighty “Yeehah!”

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original Uncompressed PCM Mono Audio
• English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing • Bonus Feature! 1964’s Moonshine Mountain
• Introductions to the films by H.G. Lewis
• Archive audio commentary on Two Thousand Maniacs! by H.G. Lewis
• Two Thousand Maniacs Can't be Wrong – filmmaker Tim Sullivan on H.G. Lewis’ gore classic
• Hickspoitation: Confidential – visual essay on the depiction of the American South in exploitation cinema
• David Friedman: The Gentlemen's Smut Peddler – a tribute to legendary producer David F. Friedman featuring interviews with H.G. Lewis, filmmakers Fred Olen Ray and Tim Sullivan and editor Bob Murawski
• Herschell's Art of Advertising – H.G. Lewis shares his expert opinion on the art of selling movies
• Two Thousand Maniacs! Outtakes
• Trailers
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by The Twins of Evil"

Old 3rd February 2018, 06:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default The Arrow Films / Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Looks like Zavvi have an exclusive Big Trouble in Little China steelbook upcoming:

Preorder just went live, £17.99

https://m.zavvi.com/blu-ray/big-trou...dget_id=899765

I’ve ordered a copy and if it’s the exact same disc as the old steelbook (highly likely), I’ll sell the old one
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Last edited by Rik; 3rd February 2018 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 3rd February 2018, 06:24 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Looks like Zavvi have an exclusive Big Trouble in Little China steelbook upcoming:

It would appear that this is the inner picture

Demoncrat likes this.

Old 5th February 2018, 09:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Having never ordered from arrow direct before, just wondering how much postage they would charge for 1 item? Thinking of ordering der todesking as seems cheapest direct from them
Old 5th February 2018, 03:44 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post

• Two versions of the feature: Pieces, the US theatrical version with library score by CAM, and Mil Gritos Tiene La Noche, the original uncensored director's cut, presented in Spanish with original score by Librado Pastor
I wonder if it will include the elevator scene with a shot of the left arm being sliced off?
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 5th February 2018, 04:18 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Having never ordered from arrow direct before, just wondering how much postage they would charge for 1 item? Thinking of ordering der todesking as seems cheapest direct from them
They used to have free shipping but they changed that recently when they downgraded their website to that heap of turd they have now. I believe one item should still only be 75p shipping though.
Susan Foreman likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!