Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2018, 08:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

a couple of observations from yesterday's releases.

judging by the artwork it looks like The Baby will be part of a future American Horror Project volume.

Severin's release of the The Baby went oop at the same time as their Horror Express blu and Arrow are rumored to have that too.

Arrow haven't stated how limited the Last House... release will be. i wonder if they have learned from past mistakes and are waiting to see what the initial reaction (pre-orders) is like before deciding the numbers? it seems to me that would make more commercial sense.
Old 24th February 2018, 02:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just cancelled my amazon Last house order & have paid £24.99 from hmv.
Thinking of getting hmv rewards card, are they quite simple & can you use them to buy in store? At one point you could only buy online exclusive stuff so i never bothrred, also my wife signed up ages ago & never recieved her card so not a fan. Seeing how much stuff i'm buying might be worth it if u can use the points as cash in store?

May is looking insane for releases!

Also Der Todesking arrived from zavvi! Yay!
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 24th February 2018, 02:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
a couple of observations from yesterday's releases.

judging by the artwork it looks like The Baby will be part of a future American Horror Project volume.

Severin's release of the The Baby went oop at the same time as their Horror Express blu and Arrow are rumored to have that too.

Arrow haven't stated how limited the Last House... release will be. i wonder if they have learned from past mistakes and are waiting to see what the initial reaction (pre-orders) is like before deciding the numbers? it seems to me that would make more commercial sense.
Hills Have Eyes and Carrie didnt seem to have numbers but were "limited"....
Maybe thats what they're doing with last house
Old 24th February 2018, 03:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Hills Have Eyes and Carrie didnt seem to have numbers but were "limited"....
Maybe thats what they're doing with last house
you are probably right. i hadn't noticed the others and was just speculating after The Thing controversy.
Old 24th February 2018, 05:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I like Dark Blue, but the trailer makes it look a lot more exciting than it really is. Not sure who’s bright idea it was to use the song Here Comes The Boom in it (the trailer).
Watched Dark Blue online and I was gripped pretty much throughout myself, from excellent performances from all the cast. I have to agree it could have done with a better soundtrack/score though.

Nice to Brendan Gleeson in there too, wasn't expecting that.

Definitley going to pick it up, another impressive film I might not have heard of if it weren't for Arrow. Very interested in the Bloodthirsty Trilogy too.

I have pretty much enjoyed every asian title that Arrow have put out.
Old 24th February 2018, 05:45 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Thinking of getting hmv rewards card, are they quite simple & can you use them to buy in store? At one point you could only buy online exclusive stuff so i never bothrred, also my wife signed up ages ago & never recieved her card so not a fan. Seeing how much stuff i'm buying might be worth it if u can use the points as cash in store?
They are really easy to acquire; if you have a store near you, just ask. Once you have your card, you add the number to your online account and all the purchases go on the same account. If you have the receipts, it might also be possible for you to add previous purchases to me or account as well.
Old 24th February 2018, 05:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The 4 film House box set is currently going for silly money, again, "limited" but not numbered so no idea how many copies there were!
The Thing and The Burning were interesting though, 3,000 and 4,000 copies each and people went nuts.
I had to buy Nekromantik 1&2 limited editions secondhand as i didnt have the money at the time and missed them. Really liking the look of Der Todesking set though!
Old 24th February 2018, 06:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default basket case

my copy of basket case arrived from states , despite having multi-region sign on back my blu ray players are having none of it. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 24th February 2018, 07:46 PM
Cult Master

Speaking of Arrow and DVD releases I miss the white box DVD releases just something about them love just looking at them on the shelf
Old 25th February 2018, 12:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
DVDs don’t have the technology to do branching so I don’t think it’s going to have both versions on it. It’s also a lot cheaper to master 2 versions of a DVD. I’ll check after work though.
Although perhaps not used on many modern DVDs, branching is present on quite a number of DVDs from the past.

Like this? Share it using the links below!