LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st August 2018, 05:23 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Spaghetti's for me.
keirarts likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 31st August 2018, 06:08 PM
Active Cultist

yeah crimson peak is an odd one. I usually roll my eyes when people sulk about movies made in the last 25 years getting a rerelease treatment but crimson only came out 3 years ago. I just cannot justify buying it a second time just yet.
keirarts likes this.
Old 31st August 2018, 08:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nothing for me and as others said crimson peak is a weird choice, I like the film but won't double dip until/if a 4K ultra version is releashed.
Old 31st August 2018, 08:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: Orgies of Edo (Blu-ray)

Legendary Toei director Teruo Ishii tells three stories of moral sickness set during Japan’s prosperous Genroku era

Release date: 19/20 November

"Legendary Toei director Teruo Ishii tells three stories of moral sickness set during Japan’s prosperous Genroku era in this bloody follow-up to his sexploitation classic Shogun’s Joy of Torture, and the fourth entry in Toei’s ‘abnormal love’ film series. Ishii’s politically incorrect moral lessons paint a trio of tales of tragic heroines caught up in violence, sadomasochism, incest and torture.

Told in anthology style by an impassive physician (Teruo Yoshida), the first story follows Oito (Masumi Tachibana), an innocent young girl deceived by a handsome yakuza and sold into prostitution who finds herself in a doomed love affair with the man who brought her to ruin. The tale of Ochise (Mitsuko Aoi) is about the daughter of a rich merchant whose insatiable appetite for filth and perversion draws her deeper into violence, darkness and betrayal. Finally, the story of Omitsu (Miki Obana) follows a sadistic lord (Asao Koike) whose eye is caught one day by a beautiful member of his harem who shares his strange taste for pain and blood, but who holds a secret of her own that will destroy his entire household.

A stylistic about-face from the director’s prior work for Toei on the successful Abashiri Prison action series starring Ken Takakura, Ishii’s erotic films grew increasingly shocking, violent and strange, and Orgies of Edo finds him combining period film detail with carnivalesque grotesquerie to create his own particular vision of love and sex. This landmark ‘ero-guro’ film allowed Ishii to experiment with elements that would later show up in his masterpieces Horrors of Malformed Men and Blind Woman’s Curse, including the participation of sideshow performers and butoh dancer Tatsumi Hijikata.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
• Original uncompressed mono PCM audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• The Orgies of Ishii – an exclusive, newly filmed interview with author Patrick Maccias
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Griffin

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author Tom Mes"

Is there any chance of Arrow releasing any more of Teruo Ishii's films?
keirarts and Drakie79 like this.
Old 31st August 2018, 09:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Nothing for me and as others said crimson peak is a weird choice, I like the film but won't double dip until/if a 4K ultra version is releashed.
I really like Crimson Peak and have watched the BD several times. I also love watching the supplementary material because Guillermo del Toro is a masterful filmmaker and someone who I find fascinating to watch and listen to as he explains how he develops his films and uses his encyclopaedic knowledge of film to talk about stories, designs, costumes and all the other little visual aspects which make his films so fascinating to watch multiple times.

All that being said, I don't know if I would spend for work on another release on the same format simply to some more supplementary material – I would much rather a 4K Ultra HD release or a remastered and extras-later release of an earlier film like Cronos or The Devil's Backbone.

I am very interested by the spaghetti westerns and the De Palma/De Niro films and will probably buy them at some point though, with the exception of Django, probably not straight away.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 4th September 2018, 06:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Crimson Peak, will be getting this for sure, a perfect modern gothic horror!
keirarts likes this.
Old 4th September 2018, 07:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

All this talk of Crimson Peak got me thinking... "I bought that ages ago WTF" couldn't find it until checked a pile of Sony PS2 games and found an old 'to watch' pile behind em, so another 12 films including Crimson then...
Susan Foreman, keirarts and Rob4 like this.
Old 4th September 2018, 07:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Bought Incident in a Ghostland today.
Nice,creepy reverse art!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (10.6 KB, 13 views)
keirarts likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th September 2018, 02:09 PM
Cult Master

ARROW ACADEMY

"***NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE COMING!***

Join us this Friday (September 14th) at 3.00pm BST / 7.00am PST / 10.00am EST for our December title reveals!"

Paul@TheOverlook and keirarts like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th September 2018, 03:12 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Could be Wild At Heart - Arrow has been issuing a fair few Universal titles in recent months.

Like this? Share it using the links below!