Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th November 2018, 06:04 PM
Cult Addict

My parents showed me this and Starship Troopers when I was a kid, they thought it was fine. It was but **** my jaw almost fell off

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 18th November 2018, 06:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

I saw ROBOCOP on release at the Marble Arch London cinema.
I've got the quad poster as well.
Demoncrat and platostotal like this.
Old 18th November 2018, 06:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I rewatched this the other week, still stands up well. A Verhoeven box set would be cool. Robocop, Total Recall and Starship Troopers
that would be very cool but I think Total Recall is studiocanal and Starship Troopers is Sony. I don't think Arrow has had anything from SC for awhile and nothing from Sony. I'd love to see Indicator get Starship Troopers though...
Old 19th November 2018, 07:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just unwrapped the recent City of the Living Dead and WOW! I have never seen anything like this, it will take me a week off work just to go through the extras! Phenomenal!
Old 21st November 2018, 08:46 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Just unwrapped the recent City of the Living Dead and WOW! I have never seen anything like this, it will take me a week off work just to go through the extras! Phenomenal!
There is a lot of extra stuff to go through, but, Night of the Demon has even more, it's quite astounding

The competition between the boutique labels has really upped the value of these collector editions
Demoncrat likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 21st November 2018, 09:37 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The competition between the boutique labels has really upped the value of these collector editions
I don't really think of it as competition and I suspect Arrow's James Blackford doesn't either - instead, we're sincerely trying to make the best versions possible for our own satisfaction. The fact that customers seem to like them too is a happy bonus (not least in terms of our continued employment).

To me, direct competition only arises if another label in another territory is putting out the same title - in which case I do indeed make a conscious effort to improve on theirs.

(And usually succeed, although I remember looking at the budget for Arrow's The Night of the Hunter and deciding then and there that I couldn't possibly compete with Criterion, so my philosophy there was that since the Arrow would go for half the price, I'd make damn sure that it was better than half as good. The Criterion edition is magnificent, but it must have cost them an absolute fortune, which is presumably why that's what they charge their customers as well.)
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 21st November 2018, 11:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Yes, I agree to a degree, and it might not be direct competition, but there is only so much money the average collector can spend per month so we have to be a little more selective, the likes of Arrow and Indicator, to a lesser extent Second Sight and Third Window (although they are my current underdog favourites) are making the decisions of what to buy much easier!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 22nd November 2018, 04:33 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"***RELEASE DATE UPDATES***

Sadly our ambitious schedule for November and December has hit a few production delays and this has had a domino effect on our schedule resulting in us having to move a few titles. Revised dates are as follows:
  • De Niro & De Palma: The Early Films (UK) – Now December 3
  • De Niro & De Palma: The Early Films (US) - Now December 11
  • Texas Adios (UK) – Now December 10
  • Django (US) – Now December 11
  • Crimson Peak (UK) – Now January 14
  • Crimson Peak (US) – Now January 15

We can only apologise for this series of delays, we’re really disappointed that we’re having to move so many releases. We also want to be upfront with you all and give you a heads up that these date changes won’t be the last. With this in mind, please do keep an eye on our social feeds as next week we'll be dropping a few more date changes – we are just waiting for final confirmation on the achievable dates.

As ever, we really appreciate all of your support and hope these date moves won’t cause you too many issues.

Team Arrow"
"***RELEASE DATE UPDATES***

As promised, we can finally follow up with our second release date update post - really sorry we are sharing this later than we originally stated, finalising a couple of elements took longer than we anticipated. Our revised release dates are as follows:

Elvira (UK) - Now December 10
Bloody Birthday (US)- Now 18 December
Waterworld (UK)- Now 21 January
Waterworld (US)- Now 22 January
Climax (UK)- Now 11 February

Thanks for sticking with us and for your patience and support whilst we ironed out these date changes. We very much hope you won’t be too disappointed and enjoy your discs once they arrive with you.

Team Arrow"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th November 2018, 02:09 PM
Cult Master

"***NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE COMING!***

Join us this Friday (November 30th) at 3.00pm GMT / 7.00am PST / 10.00am EST for our February title reveals!"

Can't be 'The Toolbox Murders', unless it's the Tobe Hooper version

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th November 2018, 02:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

i guess it's most likely to be Tobe Hooper's Toolbox Murders, but i suppose the inclusion of jump leads might indicate something else, but i can't think what?

Like this? Share it using the links below!