Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Thankfully it's not on my dvd.

Must be a blu exclusive.
You're lucky then mate. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'm pretty sure that was on previous releases (the Withnail and I drinking game?), and was only moderately interesting the first time.
I didn't find it interesting at all mate, i have no love for student life or student lifestyle, i never liked to drink and i never thought it was funny getting drunk with my mates so i couldn't give two sh*ts about a bunch of folks drinking lighter fluid and watching a VHS copy of Withnail and I. lol (i'm a grumpy git)

Also the other three documentaries were all in the same vein... they featured a duo called 'Adam and Joe' who say silly things or repeat quotes (poorly) and that wasn't really documenting anything for me other than the need for dull celebrities to take a pay check where ever they can find one.

i hate to be cynical but honestly to list them as four documentaries was pushing more than the boundaries of accurate description.

I o think the transfer looks pretty on blu ray and it sounds nice and i'd have paid the £8 just to have that on Blu-ray so i hate to bitch but this time the features were really dull, they don;t need to try so hard, if you can't find anything worthwhile adding to the set, don't bother.

Right, i'm off to drink lot's of cheap booze coz mi m8's find it a reet laff, wen i throw up over someone elzes carpet and pisz mi pantz.
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 20th July 2015, 04:25 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
I didn't find it interesting at all mate, i have no love for student life or student lifestyle, i never liked to drink and i never thought it was funny getting drunk with my mates so i couldn't give two sh*ts about a bunch of folks drinking lighter fluid and watching a VHS copy of Withnail and I. lol (i'm a grumpy git)

Also the other three documentaries were all in the same vein... they featured a duo called 'Adam and Joe' who say silly things or repeat quotes (poorly) and that wasn't really documenting anything for me other than the need for dull celebrities to take a pay check where ever they can find one.

i hate to be cynical but honestly to list them as four documentaries was pushing more than the boundaries of accurate description.

I o think the transfer looks pretty on blu ray and it sounds nice and i'd have paid the £8 just to have that on Blu-ray so i hate to bitch but this time the features were really dull, they don;t need to try so hard, if you can't find anything worthwhile adding to the set, don't bother.

Right, i'm off to drink lot's of cheap booze coz mi m8's find it a reet laff, wen i throw up over someone elzes carpet and pisz mi pantz.
I'm a massive fan of Withnail and I, so find the ideal of the drinking game interesting in itself. I haven't gone through the extra features on the discs in the limited edition set yet, but it sounds as if they are exactly the same as those found on previous DVD and Blu-ray releases, even down to the Adam and Joe short featurette. Is there one about the filming locations as well?
keirarts and Vipp like this.
Old 20th July 2015, 06:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Is it me or has Videodrome's release slipped by a week and shouldn't Nightmare City have arrived at Arrow HQ by now?
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th July 2015, 08:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Is there one about the filming locations as well?
Yes mate, they have a chat about film locations, they have a new feature with a crew member (the guy who was responsible for set design i think) and that was made in 2014, now that was a great short featurette.

the four documentaries were all aired by channel 4 during a wwithnail and i event, all in 1999.

There isa brand new commentary featuring a guy from the BFI and he is entertaining and full of great knowledge, im enjoying that commentary.
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th July 2015, 09:46 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
Yes mate, they have a chat about film locations, they have a new feature with a crew member (the guy who was responsible for set design i think) and that was made in 2014, now that was a great short featurette.

the four documentaries were all aired by channel 4 during a wwithnail and i event, all in 1999.

There isa brand new commentary featuring a guy from the BFI and he is entertaining and full of great knowledge, im enjoying that commentary.
I haven't listened to that commentary yet, just the old one with Bruce Robinson so far. I should really watched the documentaries and How to Get Ahead in Advertising sooner rather than later.
Vipp likes this.
Old 22nd July 2015, 01:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Is Christmas Evil a white slipcase edition or a normal dvd case?

Thanks for any replies.
Old 22nd July 2015, 01:27 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is Christmas Evil a white slipcase edition or a normal dvd case?

Thanks for any replies.
Mine was just a normal white dvd case... didnt think they did slipcases for the DVDs?!?
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 22nd July 2015, 01:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkant View Post
Mine was just a normal white dvd case... didnt think they did slipcases for the DVDs?!?
They released loads of dvd's with the white window slip cases. Perhaps you weren't collecting them back then.

Here's Phenomena for example.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1471 (Large).jpg (80.6 KB, 12 views)
keirarts and Vipp like this.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 22nd July 2015 at 01:53 PM.
Old 22nd July 2015, 02:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

They tended to only do them for the bigger titles
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd July 2015, 03:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
They tended to only do them for the bigger titles
Cheers Rik.

I thought i might pick it up to watch Christmas Eve or something.

There's a used on for £4.50 delivered, so i was just checking it wasn't likely to come with a battered old window sleeve. - White dvd cases are easily replaceable.

It clearly wasn't a popular title as no one seems to own it except Blinkant.

Like this? Share it using the links below!