Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26050Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th September 2015, 03:20 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT: VIDEODROME BD & DVD EDITIONS

Videodrome – standalone Blu-ray and DVD editions of David Cronenberg’s classic body horror packaged in standard Amaray cases.

Release Date: 7th December 2015
Region: B / 2

LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH!

Combining the bio-horror elements of his earlier films whilst anticipating the technological themes of his later work, Videodrome exemplifies Cronenberg’s extraordinary talent for making both visceral and cerebral cinema.

Max Renn (James Woods) is looking for fresh new content for his TV channel when he happens across some illegal S&M-style broadcasts called ‘Videodrome’. Embroiling his girlfriend Nicki (Debbie Harry) in his search for the source, his journey begins to blur the lines between reality and fantasy as he works his way through sadomasochistic games, shady organisations and body transformations stunningly realised by the Oscar-winning makeup effects artist Rick Baker.

Hailed by his contemporaries John Carpenter (“he’s better than all of us combined”) and Martin Scorsese (“no one makes films like he does”) as a genius, Videodrome, was Cronenberg’s most mature work to date and still stands as one of his greatest.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• Restored high-definition digital transfer of the unrated version, approved by director David Cronenberg and cinematographer Mark Irwin
• Original mono audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary by Tim Lucas, the on-set correspondent for Cinefantastique Magazine and author of Videodrome: Studies in the Horror Film
• David Cronenberg and the Cinema of the Extreme – A documentary programme featuring interviews with Cronenberg, George A. Romero and Alex Cox on Cronenberg’s cinema, censorship and the horror genre
• Forging the New Flesh – A documentary programme by filmmaker Michael Lennick on Videodrome’s video and prosthetic make up effects
• Videoblivion - A brand new interview with cinematographer Mark Irwin
• A brand new interview with producer Pierre David
• AKA Jack Martin - Dennis Etchison, author of novelizations of Videodrome, Halloween, Halloween II and III and The Fog, discusses Videodrome and his observations of Cronenberg’s script
• The complete uncensored Samurai Dreams footage with commentary by Michael Lennick
• Helmet Test and Betamax - Two featurettes by Michael Lennick on effects featured in the film
• Camera (2000) Cronenberg’s short film starring Videodrome’s Les Carlson
• Fear on Film: A round table discussion from 1982 with Cronenberg, John Carpenter, John Landis and Mick Garris
• Deleted scenes from the TV version
• Promotional featurette with behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Cronenberg, James Woods, Deborah Harry and Rick Baker
• Original trailers
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th September 2015, 03:23 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK/US TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SOLANGE? DUAL FORMAT BD & DVD

What Have You Done to Solange? – A classic giallo from Massimo Dallamano, starring Camille Keaton (I Spit on Your Grave) and Cristina Galbo (Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue) and featuring one of Ennio Morricone’s lushest scores.

UK Release Date: 14th December 2015
Region: A+B / 1+2

From director Massimo Dallamano, cinematographer on both A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More, comes giallo classic What Have You Done to Solange?, the debut feature of actress Camille Keaton (I Spit on Your Grave).

A sexually sadistic killer is preying on the girls of St. Mary’s school. Student Elizabeth witnessed one of the murders, but her hazy recollections of a knife-wielding figure in black do nothing to further the police’s investigations. Why is the killer choosing these young women? And what does it have to do with a girl named Solange?

Also starring Cristina Galbo (Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue) and Fabio Testi (I Spit On Your Grave), What Have You Done with Solange? features all the hallmarks of classic gialli – the amateur detective, the black-gloved killerl – as well as a lush score from Ennio Morricone.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original camera negative
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Original Italian and English soundtracks in mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
• Newly translated subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
• Brand new audio commentary with critics Alan Jones and Kim Newman
• Newly filmed cast interviews
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by MALLEUS
• Booklet featuring brand new writing on the film, illustrated with original stills
• More!
Mojo, loki666, keirarts and 2 others like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th September 2015, 03:27 PM
Cult Rookie

Very excited about this announcement. Nice to see another Giallo from Arrow and a good one to boot.
Was not a big fan of the last announcement but What Have You Done To Solange is a must-have.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th September 2015, 03:59 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Had a feeling we'd see Videodrome in December.
Old 9th September 2015, 04:14 PM
Cult Rookie

Just missed out on Videodrome set in an ebay bidding war.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th September 2015, 05:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Just missed out on Videodrome set in an ebay bidding war.
Any idea what it went for as I got a spare sealed copy I'm thinking of putting on there?
Old 9th September 2015, 05:20 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Any idea what it went for as I got a spare sealed copy I'm thinking of putting on there?
40 to 90 quid new and sealed. Amazon has them for £70 plus last time I looked.
keirarts and Boo Radley like this.
Old 9th September 2015, 05:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Very excited about this announcement. Nice to see another Giallo from Arrow and a good one to boot.
Was not a big fan of the last announcement but What Have You Done To Solange is a must-have.
Oddly enough Stephen so did I, just in time for Christmas. Cynical? I'm over the moon about Solange, how many years have us Cult Labers been banging onto Arrow, Shameless and 88 about releasing it even on DVD.

Great news indeed! I wonder what other gialli their working on, none of the usual labels seem to want to own up to having the rights to Seven Notes.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th September 2015, 06:15 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
40 to 90 quid new and sealed. Amazon has them for £70 plus last time I looked.
I am Canadian so in my dollars it went to 120. But then I got the Jess Franco Severin's so the universe was even again
keirarts and Boo Radley like this.

Last edited by TheProf; 9th September 2015 at 06:27 PM.
Old 9th September 2015, 07:35 PM
Cult Addict

So its just the two announcements?

Like this? Share it using the links below!