Old 26th October 2015, 06:06 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

COME ON ARROW!
IT'S HALLOWEEN THIS SATURDAY!
keirarts and Graeme73 like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 26th October 2015, 06:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Arrow have also teased the below artwork for an upcoming release:

It has been deduced as being 5 Dolls for an August Moon (finally!)
Excellent news! Will it be released on it's own or with another title, I can't see Five Dolls doing much business on it's own. Unless Arrow are doing a Bava Box afterall?
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th October 2015, 08:37 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
COME ON ARROW!
IT'S HALLOWEEN THIS SATURDAY!
Is it me or does there seem to be a distinct lack of Halloweenishness this year? No sales too speak off, I'm sure Arrow and 88 had a Halloween sale last year. Zavvi have a very half hearted attempt on. HMV have a bit of a display instore but you can barely recognise it as a halloween promotion.
Old 26th October 2015, 08:41 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Is it me or does there seem to be a distinct lack of Halloweenishness this year? No sales too speak off, I'm sure Arrow and 88 had a Halloween sale last year. Zavvi have a very half hearted attempt on. HMV have a bit of a display instore but you can barely recognise it as a halloween promotion.
Where i live its all xmas already Halloween is just getting ignored this year.
Vipp likes this.
Old 27th October 2015, 07:36 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Excellent news! Will it be released on it's own or with another title, I can't see Five Dolls doing much business on it's own. Unless Arrow are doing a Bava Box afterall?
I'd be inclined to disagree as I'd personally be more likely to pick up 5 Dolls as a single release.

A Bava box set doesn't appeal to me either as I already own all of Arrow's Bava titles released to date, as do (I'm guessing) most potential customers of 5 Dolls - especially as the film itself is not really considered one of Bava's best.
keirarts and Graeme73 like this.
Old 27th October 2015, 07:48 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Where i live its all xmas already Halloween is just getting ignored this year.
I can't recall Arrow having a Halloween sale last year... they may have done something for Black Friday though (?). Their last sale wasn't too long ago plus they definitely have one at Xmas, still they may decide to do some kind of flash sale over the Halloween weekend yet. I'm pretty up to date in terms of their releases though (plus also fairly strapped for cash thanks to their slew of limited editions coming out over the next few months!) so am personally not too bothered if they have a sale or not... not that I wouldn't find something to buy if they did!

As for the 'Halloweenishness', I'm actually feeling the opposite. Everywhere I go there seems to be shops pushing Halloween merch - the big supermarkets seem to have upped their game this year too to the extent I'm really feeling the Halloween vibe this year. I think it also helps that I tend to enjoy the Halloweeny season (perhaps a little too much...) and have decorated the house accordingly!
keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 27th October 2015, 08:18 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I'd be inclined to disagree as I'd personally be more likely to pick up 5 Dolls as a single release.

A Bava box set doesn't appeal to me either as I already own all of Arrow's Bava titles released to date, as do (I'm guessing) most potential customers of 5 Dolls - especially as the film itself is not really considered one of Bava's best.
I'm the same. I have both the 'Bava Boxes' from the US and have upgraded to Blu-ray when I can and when they are available, so I'd prefer an individual release.
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th October 2015, 09:14 AM
Cult Addict

The cynic in me figures Arrow will wait til they've released practically all the Bava titles they plan then stick out a boxset with maybe one exclusive title or a big arse book or some such to drag in suckers like me that won't be able to help ourselves.
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th October 2015, 09:20 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The cynic in me figures Arrow will wait til they've released practically all the Bava titles they plan then stick out a boxset with maybe one exclusive title or a big arse book or some such to drag in suckers like me that won't be able to help ourselves.
Didn't they do exactly that with the Vincent Price Gothic Tales boxset? There were six in the box, which I think were then released separately later on.
Old 27th October 2015, 09:22 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I can't recall Arrow having a Halloween sale last year... they may have done something for Black Friday though (?). Their last sale wasn't too long ago plus they definitely have one at Xmas, still they may decide to do some kind of flash sale over the Halloween weekend yet. I'm pretty up to date in terms of their releases though (plus also fairly strapped for cash thanks to their slew of limited editions coming out over the next few months!) so am personally not too bothered if they have a sale or not... not that I wouldn't find something to buy if they did!

As for the 'Halloweenishness', I'm actually feeling the opposite. Everywhere I go there seems to be shops pushing Halloween merch - the big supermarkets seem to have upped their game this year too to the extent I'm really feeling the Halloween vibe this year. I think it also helps that I tend to enjoy the Halloweeny season (perhaps a little too much...) and have decorated the house accordingly! umpkin:
I was thinking more just in terms of dvd/blu sales. Sainsburies for instance have a huge aisle full of Halloween stuff both sides. Enough pumpkins to sink a bloody ship. Masks, skulls, sweets, glow in the dark dildos you name it. And up the one end a single solitary rack of kids Halloween dvds. Scooby bloody Doo.
HMV have something going on but it's basically a clear out of older budget dvd releases in a two for £10 thing, not a single blu.
Poundland had a few decent bits and pieces last year, a good selection of Wordsworth Mystery and Supernatural collections. This year? Nothing. Unless you want a budget glow in the dark dildo. And some pumpkin shaped sweeties.

Like this? Share it using the links below!