Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th January 2017 06:04 PM

I'll sixth that.:nod:
More effective than the strongest Co-Codamol for a sleep.

Deadite 16th January 2017 06:15 PM

Love and Death is really good.

trebor8273 16th January 2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 517547)
Am I the only one that has zero interest in the Woody Allen stuff?

No as I said elsewhere in this topic never understood the love for his films the few I watched bored me to tears.very over rated, just seems one of those that the critics wank themselves silly over for no apparent reason.

Actually don't know one person who likes him over his boring self indulgent movies.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th January 2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 517549)
given the choice between watching any of the kiddie fiddler Woody Allen's films or watching CBeebies...CBeebies would win every time!

Woody would probably watch it with you.

Inspector Abberline 16th January 2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 517558)
No as I said elsewhere in this topic never understood the love for his films the few I watched bored me to tears.very over rated, just seems one of those that the critics wank themselves silly over for no apparent reason.

Actually don't know one person who likes him over his boring self indulgent movies.

I think many people judge Woody Allen by what they read in the tabloids,as a film maker he is just as important as say Martin Scorsese or Stanley Kubrick,but we are entitled to our opinion's,so just to balance things out that I think The Church and The Sect are shite ( I think that's the right word,yes it is).

SymbioticFunction 17th January 2017 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 517550)
Barring Sleeper, I'm not a huge fan of Allen, in fact I find him quite annoying.

I really like Broadway Danny Rose.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th January 2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 517547)
Am I the only one that has zero interest in the Woody Allen stuff?

No. I have most, if not all, of them on DVD and have a zero interest in paying a lot of money to upgrade to Blu-ray. The ones I do have in HD are my favourites (Manhattan and Annie Hall).

keirarts 17th January 2017 09:17 AM

Ive seen a couple of woody Allen films. Not my bag. Don't think he's especially bad but (controversial opinion alert) I think Larry David took his schtick and improved on it a lot. For me the choice between a curb your enthusiasm boxset or a woody Allen set is no choice at all

J Harker 17th January 2017 09:26 AM

I've never watched a whole Woody Allen film. And I've not read anything about him in tabloids. I know nothing about the guy other than he's quite irritating and what little I've seen of his work is largely boring. The sheep scene with Gene Wilder in Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex is priceless but when I tried watching the film as a whole I was bored very quick.

Deadite 17th January 2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 517588)
I really like Broadway Danny Rose.

Best left back in the league!